The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @kcpond wrote: »
    @AliNouveau (and anyone else in Ontario😊) - can you believe the weather we’ve had in September?? Most gorgeous fall ever!💕

Weather was great this weekend. Spent the weekend learning how to canoe properly. :)

Nice. Where did you go?
    It was a beautiful weekend

We were just canoeing at Lake Whittaker Conservation Area. One of our Scout Leaders teaches Canoeing so he was certifying some of the scouts and the leaders. Turned out to be a real nice weekend, even when we had to tip the canoes.
  • Beowolf95
    Beowolf95 Posts: 42 Member
    Hello all,

Been awhile since I posted in here. Working from home for the past 6 months made it too easy to make excuses not to exercise, eat poorly, and put the weight on that I had lost. So I started going back to my personal group training last month (Covid be damned), and now I'm looking to really clean up the diet and focus on tie process of daily improvement. Made the decision to give up alcohol completely, for how long who knows, but at least for today. I have a good foundation in place, and have logged in over 600 days, but now it's time to drink the Kool-Aid and put it all together with some motivation and support.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I’m kind of new here and anybody up to mingle?

Depends what you mean by “mingling”😬😂

Isn't that always the question!!!!
  • AliNouveau
    kcpond wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @kcpond wrote: »
    @AliNouveau (and anyone else in Ontario😊) - can you believe the weather we’ve had in September?? Most gorgeous fall ever!💕

Weather was great this weekend. Spent the weekend learning how to canoe properly. :)

Nice. Where did you go?
    It was a beautiful weekend

We were just canoeing at Lake Whittaker Conservation Area. One of our Scout Leaders teaches Canoeing so he was certifying some of the scouts and the leaders. Turned out to be a real nice weekend, even when we had to tip the canoes.

Nice. This past weekend was glorious.
  • Sunflowez123
    Sunflowez123 Posts: 13 Member
    I’m kind of new here and anybody up to mingle?

• Hi everyone. Any help on what to consume when craving chocolate?
  • AliNouveau
    Hi everyone. Any help on what to consume when craving chocolate?

I remember reading once have a hot chocolate. It helps. I usually go to chocolate pudding
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Yeah, chocolate pudding is always a good one.
    Or yah can get certain types of frozen fudge bars for various amounts of calories. Just need to check the nutritional info on the box before you buy them 😊
  • Rocoup
    Rocoup Posts: 669 Member
    30 in 3 days 😑😑😑😑
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Good afternoon.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Good afternoon.

Good afternoon to you as well.
  • forestfreek
    Good afternoon.

😘😘😘
  • forestfreek
    Rocoup wrote: »
    30 in 3 days 😑😑😑😑

Is there an explanation that comes with this comment? 😂
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member

I think chocolate.

Well, that or sardines.
  • forestfreek
    mtaratoot wrote: »

I think chocolate.

Well, that or sardines.

You always give the best advice 😂🤗

• AliNouveau
    mtaratoot wrote: »

I think chocolate.

Well, that or sardines.

Dark chocolate is good for you I've heard.
  • AliNouveau
    Rocoup wrote: »
    30 in 3 days 😑😑😑😑

Lucky you....you're entering the best years of your life
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    I am about 5 pounds from where I'd like to be, so I'm going back to this. I hate eating breakfast unless it's breakfast for dinner or a brunch at a restaurant. Let us know how this method works out for you! There is such conflicting reaearch to breakfast or not for weight loss, and it leaves me a bit confused...
    Started my 16:8 fasting yesterday, at home wasn't too bad to get through though today is more of a test as I am in work for 12 hours so every meal will be eaten there. I have planned it all out as much as possible to negate the urge to eat when I eventually get home and cannot eat. Fingers crossed this works...

I am very much the same, prefer not to have a breakfast, unless it's a treat full English which happens rarely, and go straight through to lunchtime before eating. When at home that works well, when I am working though I prefer to have something as getting up at 5am and then not eating till lunchtime is too much of a struggle and I lose concentration. So I shall be adapting it as I go forward to see how it goes.
    With 2 days under my belt I feel I have not fared too badly, yes I started getting hungry around 9.30pm last night but being so close to bedtime a little water helped sate that desire and I got through.
    Day 3 beckons...
  • forestfreek
    Good morning, friends😊

It’s gonna be a 3 cupper day today!! ☕️🥱😵
    Enjoy your day everyone.