Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    y2843gxdd861.jpg

HI TEAMS!!!

I will be traveling the remainder of the week until early next. Week 5 and Grand Finale totals will likely be posted Monday.

I apologize for any inconvenience.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Tuesday 9/29
    Food: good
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: 15 minutes low intensity at home

Work went pretty fast last night except for the last rotation. The machine I was on was having some issues so the parts came much slower than normal. As I waited for the parts to come I paced back and forth or marched/walked in place. If the machine was doing it's normal thing, I wouldn't have been able to do that.

I decided to just do a quick workout at home since I wanted to run a couple of errands today. I work with my trainer again tomorrow so I know I'l get a good workout.

Slept a little better today but am still going to take a nap before work.💤😴😊
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Oh wow, I came back to over 50 unread replies - guess I really should check in more over the weekends! Thanks @1theresamcvean for keeping track of all of these troublemakers :wink: while I was enjoying my weekend and shirking all of my responsibilities! :lol:

Welcome aboard, @kiane50 !! I'm Ashley, one of the captains of this wonderful team along with Theresa. We're so happy to have you with us. If you have any questions or if anything is confusing, please feel free to post about it. We will do everything we can to make sure you feel like you belong!

@debbiewsharpe - Sunday it is!

General Update on Me:
    • I hit 700 rides this morning - the owner of the spin studio forgot to turn on the AC, so it was boiling hot in there, which was not pleasant for someone as temperature sensitive as myself (I got very dizzy and had to hold back for a good five minutes of the ride while my body tried to calm down)
    • A friend of mine recently tested positive for Covid-19, and while I don't have any symptoms, I am still nervous if I caught it from her
    • My stress eating has slowed down, so while I think I'll have a gain this week, I should level out and be back to losing for October
    • My weight has gone up, but my measurements have gone down, so at least I know I've got some extra muscle to help me through this journey now

Hope everyone's Monday is starting out strong! Be sure to drink plenty of water today, and readjust your posture, and be kind to others - we don't know what they're going through behind the scenes.

Whoa, Ashley. Can you get a Covid test to put your mind at ease? You're the best. I have been MIA and just knew you'd have my back. :wink:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    y2843gxdd861.jpg

HI TEAMS!!!

I will be traveling the remainder of the week until early next. Week 5 and Grand Finale totals will likely be posted Monday.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

I hope it's a pleasure trip, Beka. Have fun either way!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week:5
    PW (Previous Weight): 202.8
    CW (Current Weight): 202.4

Great weigh-in, Debbie.
  • 1theresamcvean
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and happy Monday team. I thought I would pop in real quick and say a hello. I'm getting a new foster dog this evening so I should be able to post some pictures to share with you. He is about 8 years old, about 8 pounds and a chihuahua. His name is Fafi. I'll definitely post an update.

Love this more than dark-chocolate hummus. :wink:
  • 1theresamcvean
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Oh and of course Oliver has claimed the covered patio. It’s now his domain. 😂

Way to go, Oliver! It's a great patio with a great roof. You have a really good mom to build such a grand dog house.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Monday 9/28
    Food: good
    Watet: 32 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes with my trainer

Got home a little later than normal today. My neighbors were out with their dogs this morning so I talked with them for a while. Tried calling to get an appointment for the extra breast images but the automated message said I was caller 9 and I didn't want to wait so I went to bed.

Of course I couldn't sleep so I got up a little earlier than normal and called again. I'm scheduled for Friday Oct 9th. They said to plan on up to 3 hours because there is time in between the two tests where you have to wait. They want to give you the results before you leave. I like the idea of knowing before you leave.

Went to the gym and saw one of my mom's best friends. I haven't seen her in a long time so I talked with her for a while. She helped my mom with a lot of things and helped our family when my mom died.
    Got in a good workout with my trainer. Was mostly strength training today.

Went home, had supper and napped for a couple of hours.

I love that you can get the results before you leave, Linda. Such a worry. Great to have the workout to relieve some stress and get healthy. :blush: Hugs to you.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Melzz19 wrote: »
    Hey all sorry it’s been a crazy weekend had our good friends wedding. They had to change venues three days before the wedding due to a wildfire that started four days before their wedding and I went down early and was running all weekend helping get everything ready. The wedding did turn out amazing and beautiful and was so much fun. I did splurge a bit during the wedding so now it’s time to get back to work 😊 I’ll have to get caught up on everyone’s posts later today but hope everyone has a good week

Wow, what excitement and an unforgettable wedding. You'll be great this week!
  • 1theresamcvean
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    This is my new foster dog Fafi. He’s from Puerto Rico.
    b68aujt1kibe.jpeg

Awe, I love you Fafi. You're so cute and have a soulful look. You must be a little scared, but you're going to be so happy with Sheryl.
  • 1theresamcvean
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Yesterday my husband and I took a couple miles or so hike in Rollingview Park on Falls Lake in Durham, NC, just a few miles from home. We took a trail through the forest with lots of rock and downed trees so very slow progress. We saw some orange mushrooms and some animal tracks - maybe bear? Then we came home for a bowl of ice cream!
    Today I walked for about 25 minutes by myself in the neighborhood. I really should walk every day like this.

What a great two days, Patsy. That must feel nice and normal in the midst of your 2020.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @1theresamcvean ohhh no! That doesn’t sound good at all. You have a fraud in your house. Yes dogs are easier than people. I would boot her out if she misrepresented herself. She sounds like she’ll do nothing but take advantage. Get her out as quick as you can.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Tuesday check in
    Steps 9400
    Calories 1100
    I made hamburgers tonight and smothered them with onions mushrooms and cheese. It was very good. Ihad a slower day at work. And my ankle is thankful for it. I haven’t had to take ibuprofen since lunch so I should be Golden tomorrow. 😁. Well ladies it’s R and R time on the couch until bedtime. I hope you all have a good day tomorrow. I have a back to back volleyball then football games so I’ll be busy. I’m trying to add myself to the October habit tracker but it won’t load anything. I’m done for the day I’ll try again tomorrow.
    @tryingagain5 it’s nice to run into old family friends. I’m glad you got to see your moms friend. Even though I’m sure it brought up memories and those can sometimes be hard. But you two obviously have a bond that time doesn’t affect. I hope you enjoy your workout with your trainer tomorrow.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Tuesday check in
    Steps 7220
    Walk 18 minutes
    Water 56 oz
    Food half prelogged (have to do a recipe builder for tomorrow’s dinner)

@1theresamcvean good luck getting the con artist out! That’s kinda creepy to be in that situation!

@lennoncpa Fafi is so cute!

@kandi3570 oh, how I miss the days of running to sports events! Enjoy!
  • tryingagain5
    @1theresamcvean
    Yes, that's what the scheduler told me so I hope I get them right away. Now I just need to not think about it until the appointment on the 9th. Hard not to though. Thanks for the hugs! Will definitely have to continue with the workouts to relieve some of the stress of waiting for the test.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    00/29 steps 13298
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    Sorry team, I am way behind on posting. I do try to read every day and catch up when time allows. I have been busy with church work. We are a very small congregation of mostly older people. I do mean OLD. I am 68 and considered one of the younguns! We have been closed, but on facebook service since the middle of March. We meet tomorrow to try to figure out what to do next. I am president of our Christian Women's Fellowship and also an elder and board chairman so I have been involved in doing a lot to keep us going and seeing to it that our members without computers also have access to worship. I did finally cook one of my favorite meals this week and put on 2 pounds.(chicken pastry, chicken salad, sweet potato casserole with pecan topping, collards and fried cornbread) none of which are on a diet, well maybe the collards are. I must say it was worth it! I will get back at it today. I haven't walked as much this week either. I gotta tell y'all the habit tracker has kept me focused. At 11:45 last night I had not done any strength (too many meetings) and I drug myself off the couch and onto the floor and did it!!!! Yay for me and the habit tracker. Take care, stay safe, enjoy life and KEEP ON KEEPING ON..................

@tryingagain5
    I have you on my prayer list. I know the stress of waiting to get test done and sooo glad you will get results before you leave. (hugs) So good to see old friends, especially now.

@1theresamcvean
    wow, I sure hope you get her OUT immediately! Sounds like a stressful, impossible situation. I can't even imagine her telling you (in YOUR house) to keep those precious kids away. Sounds like a real nutcase!

@kandi3570
    hope the ankle improves soon! Your renovations sound awesome, I would love to do a few things around here when COVID leaves. I bet your dog is a happy camper! The hamburger dinner sounds great.

@lennoncpa
    The dog is adorable. When fostering, I bet you want to keep all of them. It is great that our fur babies have people like you that are willing and able to welcome them into your home.

@pacsnc6
    The walk sounds amazing. Larry and I walk around the farm and sometimes I walk on the road in front of the house, we live out in the country in Wilson county. The farm had corn on one side and woods on the other side of the path and I felt too claustrophobic, seemed like I was in a tunnel. They just picked the corn so I will probably walk the paths again.

@Melzz19
    So good that a new venue could be found in just a few days. Those fires are so devastating. I am happy for you and the couple that the wedding continued and that y'all had a great time. I am sure you will get back on track. Every now and then a break is good.

@jedaschultz - congrats on the loss, it all adds up

@minstrelofsarcasm
    Thanks for changing my weigh in day, one less thing to remember. Get that covid test as soon as you can. I am praying that you did not get it and also for your friend. I so hope that her case is one of the mild ones. Congratulations on the 700 rides, impressive!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    kitten kitten KITTEN

I just finished a coherent post and hit done instead of post. 😔 Don't have time to redo the whole thing.

melaniedscott
    Week 4
    PW 213
    CW 213

Consistent. That is a start. Turned over a new leaf yesterday about avoiding sugary snacks...I don't over indulge but I think they make me more snacky which undermines my progress; did okay yesterday. Have been walking, some gardening. Might post later, have to get ready for a physical.
  • tryingagain5
    @kandi3570
    Burgers! Yum!
    Nice you had a slower day at work so you could rest your ankle a little.

Enjoy your sporting events!

It was nice running into her. She and her husband still live in the same house as they did when I knew them as a kid. We didn't really talk about the past, mostly just catching up a little.

I do enjoy my sessions with the trainer. Thanks I'm sure it will be good.
This discussion has been closed.