Breakfast....What do you have ??

Replies

• cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    1-2 black coffees 🥴 i'm on another IF trip and my mornings are the least demanding part of my day, so my first meal is usually around 11am. i figure i can have breakfast foods any time of day at my big age.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    I love breakfast! I often wake up hungry and could not imagine skipping breakfast. Today I had baked apricots with a 1 tbsp maple syrup over some cooked large flake oatmeal topped with almonds, hemp hearts, and some milk.
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 81 Member
    Most days I just have iced coffee with some protein liquid instead of cream. Today I added a slice of veggie quiche left over from this past weekend because it was there , and it was yummy!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Coffee before all else. Then either Greek yogurt with psyllium, quick oats, fresh berries or sugar free sweetener and a little milk or keto bun (home made, not keto here but they are g.f. which I need and high fibre) with a poached egg which I have to share with my conure. I need to eat breakfast or I feel light headed by 10. I usually make scrambled egg or omelets at the weekend when my husband is home.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Today I had one hard boiled egg and an apple
  • Facet101
    Facet101 Posts: 3 Member
    I try and be consistent with my meals in terms of calories and nutrient so I'm not binging/starving nyself.

eggs/beans on wholegrain toast.
    Porridge
    Are common. I'll have fruit with it too.

Sometimes I have left overs from previous night things like stews, Bolognese, with lots of veg in it
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    Varies a little but it’s normally:

Toast and fruit
    Egg and beans
    Protein bar
    Breakfast biscuits

Depends on the day of the week and whether I’m running late for work 😂
  • mctaricani
    mctaricani Posts: 5 Member
    Breakfast is the most important meal...I have->1 hard boiled egg, bran flake cereal with almond milk, english muffin with butter, banana, small bowl of fruit.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    I have the same breakfast energy day while I am dieting. 100 calorie packet of oatmeal, blueberries and 2 egg white. 185 calories
  • preshalin
    preshalin Posts: 52 Member
    I'm current doing intermittent fasting so I don't really have breakfast during the week. But on a Saturday or Sunday I'll have breakfast around 10am. I usually go all out and then only eat dinner again.

I usually have bacon, eggs, Sausages, toast, sometimes a grilled tomato. Sometimes I prefer and omelette with cheese and chilli with some ham in it. The eggs are depending on what I'm feeling for. But usually are fried sunny side up with the yolk running.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    I use breakfast as a time to squeeze in a bunch of fibre and so if I've got time in the morning I have Porridge made with a bunch of seeds, either carrot or beetroot grated in, a fruit so could be a grated apple, some berries, a banana. Often some cacoa nibs and dried barberries too. Maybe honey and ginger to flavour.

I also make some fibre rich sourdough at the weekend using mixed flours - usually einkorn and rye or some spelt. I put a bunch of seeds in the bread too. I'll then have this as toast with marmite Peanut butter on one slice and marmalade on the other. This is when I don't have quite as much time.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    I make a mixture that's half bulgur and half steel-cut oatmeal. It takes me forever to cook it, but it lasts for 16 days since I only have 1/2 cup each day. I put in lots of cinnamon, 2 tbsp of a nuts and dried berries mixture, and kefir or plain nonfat Greek yogurt or original almondmilk.

OR plain nonfat Greek yogurt and fresh fruit and 1 tbsp granola.

OR for a treat, Kodiak powercakes - I make one recipe, throwing in 1/2 c chopped pecans or walnuts. It makes 8 pancakes and 2 of them is one serving.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    The majority of the time I make a homemade meatless egg McMuffin. Multigrain English muffin with a fried egg and a slice of American cheese. That gives me a little fiber, a little protein, and a taste I enjoy.

When I've been eating that for several months straight and get tired of it, I'll switch to a low sugar cereal, usually Chex or Kashi, and eat that with either 2% or almond milk for a couple weeks, then go back to my egg muffins.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,915 Member
    Always some fruit, usually slightly thawed strawberries, and then one of the following:

oatmeal with plain Greek yogurt mixed in it and 1 packet of Splenda
    or
    oatmeal sprayed with spray butter and then topped with a fried egg topped with ketchup
    or
    a protein bar

oh and always at least 2 mugs of hot green or black tea
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Depends if it is a high or low carb day 😏

Low carb breakfasts=2 scramble eggs in coconut oil with 2 maple sausage links, and a small amount of berries
    Keto pancakes with Pb
    Ham,cheese, and egg cups
    Keto muffins

High Carb= Overnight oats with lots of blueberries
    Oatmeal warm with fruit of choice
    Sprouted English muffin or toast with pb and a banana
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I have 4 different breakfasts in my rotation:

1. Nothing. There's days I'm just not hungry. I don't see the point of forcing myself to eat just to eat.
    2. Oats with flax seeds, yogurt, whatever fruit is in season or frozen fruit and some kind of spice (usually cinnamon or cardamon. More rarely pepper or clove). That's my usual workday breakfast.
    3. 2 slices of bread with 1 slice of cheese, butter and jam (one slice is topped with the cheese, one with the butter and jam). That's usually my weekend breakfast.
    4. Pancakes with fruit and whipped cream (a rare Sunday breakfast).

I'm a creature of habit where breakfasts are concerned. Not willing to put more thought into something that early in the morning :lol:

I like this. Very simple, just a little bit more than I would do.
  • TonyB0588
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    The whole "most important meal of the day" started with Kellogs to market breakfast cereal. There is nothing particularly special about breakfast. I enjoy a big full on breakfast of eggs, potatoes, and either bacon or sausage and sometimes both...but that's typically reserved for weekends or camping and the like. During the week I don't have time for that so I often don't have breakfast and prefer larger meals for lunch and dinner and afternoon snacks. If I have something it's usually a couple boiled eggs or something as I'm walking out the door. I like oats too...but usually have those for an afternoon snack or something.

Often hear this claim of "don't have time for breakfast", but how much time do you really need? Breakfast doesn't always have to be a big cook up. For me it's often a bowl of cereal with cold milk, a slice of toast with jam or marmalade, and a cup of tea.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Overnight oats, current pumpkin spice oatmeal, and I eat it on my coffee break at work. My stomach is not awake at 5:00a.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited September 2020
    It depends where I am and what day of the week it is. In Germany, during the week it's a couple of slices of toast made from good German bread from the organic baker (70-75g), ca. 20-25g of cheese, a tomato and a banana. In the UK it would be 40-50g muesli, 100g yoghurt, blueberries and banana. At weekends in Germany it's brunch: add a boiled egg, OJ, a bit more cheese, and often rolls or a pain au chocolat instead of the bread.

The challenge for me is trying to keep my breakfast within my macros goals. I was eating more cheese daily and realised that my fat calories were higher than the recommended levels. If I start the day with a very high proportion of caolies from fat (and it was sometimes 45-55%) I find it really hard to correct later in the day. I am now watching macros daily but averaging them over the week, so a eating more cheese at the weekend is OK. I've also cut out the fruit juice I was drinking in the mornings during the week because of its high sugar content. Once I am in mainteance I hope to find a way to build that back in.
  • TonyB0588
    This morning I skipped breakfast because I ate a lot at a relative's house late last night.

Biggest regret ever. I was soon feeling so hungry at the office today. We're not camels, so do not store excess food from one meal time to the other.

I'll have my three regularly spaced meals per day thank you.