• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,523 Member
    Jjjj
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    September has zoomed by. I have Halloween decorations outside & inside. Almost nobody rings our doorbell for trick or treat but I will have treats on hand to give out. I’m thinking about mini Kind Bars. DH got a new computer and is busy setting it up. This hasn’t been as easy as we thought it would be. Our expectation was plug it in and turn it on. As I said, it isn’t that easy. 🙈🙊🙉🙈

Katla in Halloween Town
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Well I told my mom I was going to make chicken and broccoli and eat it early instead of eating lamb chops with my father at the regular dinnertime. She seems okay with it so far, but we shall see. It would be passive-aggressive to agree on the surface then sabotage me. But she is doing her best, which comes from a different era, and includes feeding the family every night. She's been thawing double portions by accident lately then trying to get me to eat more. So off we go with the 16:8 IF plan.

(((((Allie))))) Depression is so tough on family.

Annie in Delaware
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Decline of topless on French beach, back to this subject
    I just stumbled upon a short video confirming the obvious statistics, much lesss topless on beaches. about 50%I in 70s and 2%-19% now. I saw less than 1% this summer. they mentioned several possible, reasons, but one among them seems likely to me. people taking pictures. I don't think about it, but it's true now anyone can take phone cameras, enlargement, etc. and who knows where those pics will go. it wasn't like that all the way up through the 90s.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    but it's true I seen tons of women braless, not in a provocative way, just in a natural way most of the time. most definitely a bra abandoning post lockdown thing.
  • pipcd34
    Ttt
  • Katla49
    Margaret: I think you’re making wise choices to protect your privacy. I do the same as much as possible. My computer has no financial information on it. I plan to keep it that way. :star: I seldom visit facebook any more. There are a few friends that I like to keep track of, and I most often call on the phone rather than post on facebook. That said, my daughter has posted photos in the past and I’ve missed out on seeing them. :ohwell:

Fae: Mars was beautiful last night. I was lucky to have a clear sky. :bigsmile:

Tomorrow will be October 1. I’m thinking ahead about Halloween treats. What do you give out to trick or treaters?I am considering Kind Mini Bars.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    @drkatiebug hardware store, Safeway, and for dogs! wow! What is the price? I was surprised at the price here.22 euros for small bottle of light dose.
    !

Are you talking about the CBT oil for dogs? That was someone else. I have no idea.

Well, today was jeans day on my dress your shape class and I learned that I should not wear skinny jeans. Tell that to the 4 pairs in my closet and the pair on my butt right now. I am willing to shop for one perfect pair as they describe, but I’m not ready to sell or donate the ones I have. They are my favorites, and I don’t think they look bad on me.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Well I left myself an hour and fifteen minutes to cook dinner and I am done eating 30 mins before my window closes. I had my staple, plain chicken and broccoli. Plus I had some fiber stirred into milk. We shall see if that helps any. I'm tempted to eat an apple too, but I am already stuffed, and under 900 calories. I wish I could eat dairy, then a yogurt would bring up my calories. Oh well, I am so sedentary these days that my daily should be low. Maybe tomorrow I will have the apple earlier.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Did some of the Dressed Up Drills DVD. This DVD has a lot of different segments, all different lengths. The plan foor tomorrow is to do Michelle Olsen’s Perfect Legs Glutes and Abs DVD.

M
    – evidently I was hired for the cleaning, only I was never told that was my specific job. Well, I guess you could say that that is my specific job when the money-monks (higher-ups) are around. The managers who area there all the time don’t have a problem with me helping the customers. Yes, the monkey-monk is exactly what I was referring to that okie mentioned.

Oh, they gave me this mask today and said that as of Monday I was to wear it. To be honest, the one Jess got me is actually better. Well, the vets (and assistants) at Banfield need to wear them all day so they had better ones. But this one says “Food Lion” on it. So I’ll just wear it, no biggie. Oh, they also told me that I will be getting a $150 bonus for “all putting up with all the covid stuff”. Whatever, I’ll take the bonus, that’s for sure.

Allie
    – (((HUG))))

Margaret
    – the only time I’ll open a link is if I know that the person sent it to me. Like if I get an email that says “thought you’d like this” and then a link, I won’t click on it. If the message in the email is something like “thought you might like this. How’d the party go?” then I know that the person whose name it came from really did send that link otherwise how would they know about the party?. Sometimes you recognize the name who sent it, but their account has been hacked

Beth
    – I guess it was last year that some “critter” fell into our pool over the winter and decomposed. We had A LOT of these tiny stains. We think it was teeth that fell out. Anyway, one way we got those stains up was to put vitamin C TABLETS (not gelcaps or anything else – only tablets) in a sock with a few rocks in the sock so it doesn’t float. Let that sit on the stain. It came right up. The downside is that vitamin C does affect the pH so we had to use it some, let the pH come back up, then use it again and keep doing that until all the stains came up. If you remove all the chlorine, won’t you start getting algae?

We sent an email asking newcomers if they would be interested in bowling right now. Most of the people said they’d prefer to wait until the New Year, which is fine. However, there are a few who would bowl now so we’re going to get together on Wed. nights. It’s not a formal “league”. So we have that tonight.

Katla
    – mini Kind bars are an excellent idea. At least it’s something you can have if there are leftovers. I usually return my unused candy to the store if I can and the rest I usually donate (except for the things Vince says he’ll eat). Vince usually gets a mix of 3 Musketeers. M&M’s, Twix, Skittles, really, whatever candy they have. Usually no Snickers, tho

Gotta run, have dinner then bowling

Michele NC
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Katla I quit about 5 years ago when friends' grandkids were too old for it. Also, I was really not enjoying it when only about half of the kids had costumes and they were mostly store-bought. It was becoming a lot of work putting together a fun new costume.
  • pipcd34
    Yyy
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    edited September 2020
    PHEW!
    Like Katla 's husband, I knew the new phone would be a challenge, but it was worse than I anticipated. It's sorted now, but it caused me a LOT of anxiety. :o
    One thing I haven't been able to transfer is my old messages. Apparently that is difficult from Sony to Samsung. ;) The shop did the basics, but really I could have done that. The phone spent hours updating everything, so I couldn't download my favourite apps for ages, one of which has my passwords on. :o I think I expected more to transfer automatically. Anyway, I think it's done, though it took me a while to find out how to mute notifications. I will play a bit longer tomorrow to sort out the horrible ring tone etc.
    While it was downloading and updating I was panicking. I thought it was stuck.
    Missing all my messages. :'(

In order to get to the shop I decided to bite the bullet and get in the car for the first time in nine months. Of course, DH narrowly escaped having an accident. Very close. I am not happy.
    I came back on the bus for the first time since lockdown. I was masked and sat at the back with no one near me.

When I went to cook the salmon for dinner I found DH had picked cooked salmon fillets. :| This keeps happening that he buys the wrong thing. He said he didn't read it. ;)

Think my phone will be OK. Not sure about DH.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Heather: I do most of the shopping but let DH choose the meats & fish. He worked is way through college as a grocery store meat cutter. The man knows his meats & is skilled with a knife. Our freezers are full.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Clothing Drawers ... I'm just happy to get the stuff out of the laundry basket ... :p

Beth near Buffalo

I had to laugh at this as I've got 3 laundry baskets backed up in the dressing room. Considering I usually do a load (1 laundry basket) a week ...

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Margaret: I think you’re making wise choices to protect your privacy. I do the same as much as possible. My computer has no financial information on it. I plan to keep it that way. :star: I seldom visit facebook any more. There are a few friends that I like to keep track of, and I most often call on the phone rather than post on facebook. That said, my daughter has posted photos in the past and I’ve missed out on seeing them. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

You can just check your daughter's "wall" and not look at anything else. :)

M in Oz

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :) Having fewer clothes has made it much easier to keep them organized and asy to find
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »

Well, today was jeans day on my dress your shape class and I learned that I should not wear skinny jeans. Tell that to the 4 pairs in my closet and the pair on my butt right now. I am willing to shop for one perfect pair as they describe, but I’m not ready to sell or donate the ones I have. They are my favorites, and I don’t think they look bad on me.

I'm going to guess that they are suggesting more of a straight leg or a slightly flared bottom ... for balance?

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Michele ... yes, a lack of chlorine is definitely going to create algae. But this is only short term while we use a chemical product. Once the stain remover and metal remover have done their work (we think it was copper that reacted to something in the pool), then we will slowly rebalance the pool. And that will include adding back the chlorine.

Beth