What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• firestarinfini
    firestarinfini Posts: 13 Member
    50 minutes of body combat and 10 minutes of bike!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2020
    Did my new fun hard interval workout. I like this one. I actually like hard, short intervals in a weird way.

One minute easy, one minute moderate, one all out -- did that for an hour -- 20 sets. HR hit 95% of max on a few. Last 8 to 10 over 90% max. Around 900 calories for the hour.

It's also my 100 pushup day. 50 done so far. 50 more tonight.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Yeah baby!!

el10z0ma37p6.png
    dyv7imcaudz9.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Casual 14.5mi. easy-pace bike ride, later 43 minutes dumbbell nonsense.
  • MikePfirrman
    55 minutes of recover work -- 25 on the LateralX and 30 on the AD Pro. I used to hate work between 60 and 65% of max HR. It can be incredibly, mind-numbingly boring. But maybe it's my age, I'm enjoying really working light after my hard days now.

I also do my back work on my light days -- planks, Yoga Cobra poses, and Superman poses.
  • AnnPT77
    Back to the Concept 2 on this rainy day, for (sigh) 2 x (2 x (2K on, 2' off/CD)), total of 9,059m because breaking this into 2 parts seemed to suggest 2 CD as a good idea. I stupidly didn't check my Garmin battery level, and got the low battery alert at about 1000 to go on the 2nd 2K. So, I took a recharge break for half an hour or so and did some home chores, then got back to it for the last 2 pieces.

I'd already decided to be more firm about keeping at/below 70% HRreserve/18spm/2:40 split today, i.e., a little slower than a couple of recent days. This was easier with the break in there: Less HR drift 😆.

Ignoring that drift factor, it's always interesting to me to see how much a minor change in intensity "costs" or "saves" in HR terms. From past exerperince, those last few seconds of split between race-distance higher steady-state pace and actual race pace "cost" a surprising amount, in both HR response and subsequent fatigue. I even perceive a mild fatigue difference, on the low rating pieces I've been doing lately, between low 2:30s and upper 2:30s. Hey, I hit medicare age in a couple of months, I'm not gonna feel too bad about that. 😆

I'm still staying away from intensity for the time being, other than the occasional short power piece on-water if I have a double partner who's up to and up for that. Fatigue avoidance is part of my psychological warfare tactics to keep myself doing the strength work I do. not. enjoy. (Tomorrow. 🙄)

Oh, and I did a few roll-out thingies with the ab wheel today, though from knees only. That was fun . . . maybe.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Yoga (15min)
    Stomach Vacuums (5min)
    Wall Assisted Handstand Pushup (16)
    Pull-ups (40)
    Hollow Body Hold (4min)
    Jumprope (10min)
  • colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    1 hour walk
    1 hour hit
  • MikePfirrman
    50 minutes today of lighter cardio work -- 60 to 65% max HR. Tomorrow is a hard day so pretty easy stuff again today.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I've been resting my knee so no running. Decided I'd walk 42.2km over the course of the week. Had to get 13km done today so my workout was 13km of walking today. One big chunk and then a few smaller ones since my ankle is now sore
  • AnnPT77
    More rowing machine, 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), 6646m all told, 2:26.6 split, 14 spm 😆, HR almost all below 70% (12 whole seconds in Z4!). Then 48 minutes of the world's dumbest dumbbell stuff, but at least I did it.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited October 2020
    I{ did 45 minutes pilates over lunch.

Then I did an hour long climb in the evening, on my home wall. I wasn't brilliant, but it was my first meaningful session since straining my ankle, so I was happy enough. Dynamic moves where I jumped from the injured ankle were notably worse than usual.

Given the current COVID spike in the UK, I'm avoiding climbing gyms for a bit, so all my climbing will be at home or outdoors.
  • Kiefer_1
    Kiefer_1 Posts: 21 Member
    Shoulder day: Military press (lifted my body weight for the first time!), plate raises, lateral raises, and rear delts.

Add me as a friend and say hey 👋
  • AnnPT77
    Rowed on water, bow in the double, 7921m (though I think I accidentally included a few walking meters in there again 😐).

Rowed a little longer than usual because we were out with a slower single, so we rowed the usual loop, then rowed on a bit past the dock to sneak in a few more meters and time our return closer to when the single would be done rowing.

(We in the double look out for the singles, in case of flips or other issues. I wouldn't want to carry our double up to the boathouse until all the singles are at least in swim/throwbag range of the dock, at this time of year. It was in the mid-30s F this morning, a bit above freezing. The water's not completely cold yet, but cold enough.)
  • MikePfirrman
    edited October 2020
    Felt a bit off today and I had a scheduled hard workout (AT work -- long, intense intervals that culminate in around a 95% max HR). You can't feel 80% or 75% on these, so I aborted the original plan and did 5 minute W/U, 5 minute moderately hard X 5 sets. HR peaked around 86 or 87% of max, so not overly hard. Still got a bit harder work in, though, so I'll have to be happy with that.
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2020
    I closed out week 4 of Beachbody's Liift4 program, did a little yoga, and walked 2.5 miles. Yesterday was shoulders, and I can tell I'm actually getting stronger. I'm looking forward to next week and seeing how I increase my weight.
  • plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    Half an hour run. Followed up by an hour long long boarding expedition. Great way to start the day and it’s not even noon yet!!
  • AnnPT77
    Anothier 7139m rowing bow in the double, on a chilly, overcast morning with lovely flat water, and the usual Great Blue Herons along the route, plus today there were 2 egrets - so elegant looking! - near the cove where there's usually just one. They weren't exactly buddied up, but maybe 30' or so apart.

Also, it's shaping up to be another Saturday where my planned dumbbell workout gets pushed to Sunday. 😐 As long as it gets done, that doesn't really matter. I think.
  • Today was upper body so covered Shoulder, Bicep, Triceps and Chest.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    MAPS anabolic workout. currently in phase 3, so almost done!!! 1.5 more weeks until i finish the program!