JFT THURSDAY:
    - NO CHIPS!
    - Log everything
    - Stay green
    - Banking / budget
    - Run errands
    - E soccer practice
    - Softball game for E & R

Well, it’s October! New month and I need a challenge to help get in the mindset. I’m going to try to give up chips (crisps) again. I was very successful in July when I did this, so here I go again. Anyone else have a personal challenge for the month?

*******NO CHIP OCTOBER CHALLENGE******
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Today I will:

- call out of work/text R :)Probably should have gone in but I think that extra day off did me really well. Even if I couldn't really afford it.
    - take cold medicine when I'm supposed to :)
    - work on the outline/try to finish :)I worked on it in the morning when I woke up at 4 am. Didn't work on it after that though. There's still like 6 plot points left to work on. I'm hoping that I can finish that tonight and maybe actually get it done before I leave on Friday.
    - figure out dinner for me :)I used my crockpot and batch cooked for the first time in like a year last night! I made salsa chicken with some pasta mixed in and topped with grated cheese. I made a lot of extra and only ate one serving last night. So I still have several servings leftover. So I have lunch for today and Matt has a couple of meals for when I'm gone.
    - do training! :)Very boring
    - empty dishwasher :)And filled and ran it again. I washed all of the Tupperware that had been sitting around in the back of a cabinet.
    - do laundry/create a packing list! :)Just have to fold it which I will do today.

Yesterday was intense. I spent the beginning of the afternoon complaining to my journal how fat I felt and how I hate how lazy I am. That I know what I have to do to lose weight, I'm just too lazy to do it. So I randomly made myself get up, washed my face, brushed my teeth and my hair, and put on clean clothes. And then I was off. I finished the laundry. I went to the library to pick up the book @SERmom3 mentioned and read a few chapters. I made dinner, walked up to the end of the driveway(1/4 mile-ish) to get the mail and bring home the garbage can, threw out all the random garbage bags that had collected, emptied the litter box, went through and organized my Tupperware collection...there was probably more that I'm not remembering at the moment too. But the thing that made the difference between yesterday and any other day in recent months was that as soon as I thought of something I knew I should do I got up and did it. Even if I was comfy. Even if I was under a blanket with a cat in my lap or I was in the middle of writing. I stopped what I was doing and got up and did it. That's how I was so productive. It's amazing what you can get done when you actually have that mindset.

I have a bunch of things that I need to get done today so as soon as I'm done here I'm going to start them. Lol.

So here we go!

Today I will:

- up at 5:30 :)5:20 actually.
    - shower
    - pick up milk
    - remember my lunch!!!
    - work
    - pick up lab work from gastro
    - fold the laundry
    - walk to the end of the driveway!
    - eat 1 serving of fruit
    - no chocolate! no wine!
    - do fertility check
    - empty dishwasher/continuing organizing Tupperware cabinet.
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 331 Member
    I had an oops few days Will get back with it. today is the first day of the rest of my life. What will I do to keep accountable. Work on healthy meals. Going to make a zuchinni lasagna, and stuffed peppers. Be ready with healthy meals.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Good day and a solid month

For Wednesday finish September with a good day. Fulfill my commitments.

1900 calories: 1663 for the day, 1940 for the month
    Work out 80 minutes: 82 for the day, 35 hours 57 minutes for the month. Best month of the year. Walked 2.5 miles, 65.2 for the month. Best month of the year.
    Make good choices: Made good choices and being accountable to this chain helped me live up to my commitments. Had a few off the rail calorie days but none back to back. Was very consistent with working out and walking. I don’t eat back my exercise calories but also don’t starve myself
    Support my bride: She’s feeling better and I can improve. She makes it easy and always supports me
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards. Both unplugged:Done and done. Nice way to end the day. I don’t count the evening walk as exercise, just time together. Best month for resetting my behavior and eating dinner at the table

Lost 10.2#, second best month of year only behind January

For Thursday, remember that success and failure both happen in slow motion.

1900 calories:
    Work out 80 minutes:
    Make good choices:
    Support my bride:
    Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged.

[/quote]

• TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    Just for today, Thursday October 1st, I will:

•Go for a walk-aiming for the same distance as yesterday.
    •Take care of some official paperwork needed for licensure
    •Return calls and emails from clients and community that I have been avoiding since in maternity leave
    •Payroll
    •Love myself and be kind to myself

I need to do some Adulting today that I have been avoiding...and I’m not looking forward to it. But, it all needs to be done today. My hope is to go for my walk early in the day and then I can take care of all the adulting I need to do.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap W 9/30 ~ work in conf room w/ crappy computer
    1) Walked dog 3:43 mi saw deer cross road in front of us :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Took monthly measurements before dog walk ~ LOG on MFP :) / dentist appt. 8:40 :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smile: 14/14 boom!
    4) Net cals zero / 14c water :mrgreen: 159 green & 14c
    5) GA-IT complete revisions to extent possible & save docs to flash / finish NHC to-do list / print, sign & submit monthly PAR s/s / AJNH print admission agmts / save files to flash / catch up emails / sanitize room end of day / pack up for work from home rest of week :) 8/8
    6) Call mom & dad for chat <3:smiley: / boil eggs :smile: / bake zucchini carrot bread / charge LED headlamp & dog collar :) / at least one more chore? :) minor but something
    7) Unplug 9:00 :) / FLOSS :D at dentist / RETAINERS :s / 6:45 alarm (walk dog before start to work) :)

JFT W 9/30 ~ work at home day
    1) Walked dog 3:81 mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Save flash to PC / 2:00 webinar & update CPE log / AJNH review / email daily update to manager
    5) Call ex-roomie 7CST / complete absentee ballot (hubby too) / check/refill birdfeeders / bake zucchini carrot bread / at least one more chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 6:45 alarm (walk dog before start to work)

Got email yesterday that 2nd 5K in Oct. I'm registered for is switching to several virtual options. Not unexpected but sad me. I've done this event at least 3 years and really enjoy it. The course is mostly unpaved trail, some beside a creek, and finishes going UP a steep sledding hill, which is timed separately & always a challenge. I'm sure dog won't mind. It means she won't watch me drive off wearing walking gear without her.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race w/ dog 9/26/20 52:23 ave. pace 16:41
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 1 October

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ :)

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Wednesday Sept 30
    1L of water - >:)
    Log all food - >:)
    No chips - >:)
    15 minutes of activity - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Thursday Oct 1
    1L of water
    Log all food
    No chips - Already failed this one
    15 minutes of activity
    Gratitude Journal

I am really late posting today, I have had a very busy work day. I'll try to catch up tonight. If not it will be in the morning.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    🎃🕸🕷🦹🧙🏻🧟‍♀️🧙🏻🦹🕷🕸
    🎃🕸🕷🦹OCTOBER🦹🕷🕸🎃
    🎃🕷🕸🦹🧙🏻🧟‍♀️🧙🏻🦹🕸🕷🎃
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      October Daily Goals: Week 1/b] October tomorrow.
      Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
      Mon: Tue: Wed:
      Weight < 155: 1/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      25 Sept: 151.4
      28 Sept: 150.0
      30 Sept: 149.4
      1 Oct: 149.2
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.5
      Calories < in the green 🦄 1/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 1/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 1/7
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 1/7
      Positive intentions: Busy day!
      🌟Meditation 1/7
      🌟Exercise 1/7
      🌟Family Skype 0/7
      🌟Cut out/sew masks (0/7)
      🌟Gardening: 0/7 🌟Declutter🦄 1/7
      🌟Laundry 1/7 🌟Circuits 2/7
      😜Housework 7/7 🌟Plan shopping (0/7)
      🌟Shopping 0/7
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄 0/7
      🌟Update Journal🦄 1/7
      🌟Crochet🦄 0/7 🌟Puzzles 🦄 1/7
      🌟Watch TV🦄 1/7 🌟Read 1/7
      🌟Socially distance visit to friend

😎Terri

• silverpl2525
      silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
      JFT: Wake up earlier with alarm, avoid dairy, no scary tv shows or documentaries, drink enough water, food= salad, ham, protein shake, steak, broccoli, mushrooms, no stevia sodas due to tummy upset from the other day. spend time petting pets.
    • bookmeister86
      bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
      Hmm well yesterday didn't go quite to plan. I did cave and have crisps and wine when I had been planning not to. It's not the end of the world, in my "low alcohol October" me and the boyfriend agreed that Mon-Wed is no alcohol but that I can pick EITHER Thu/ Sun to have a drink on. So it was within the 'rules'. But I feel slightly disappointed in myself that I didn't do what I set out to do, doesn't bode well for my willpower! Oh well, as I get used to cutting it out on Mom - Wed hopefully it will get easier to say no on Thu/Sun as well.

Today is a pretty miserable day, it's dark and rainy and apparently it's going to rain all weekend, boo. I will have to find ways to fit in exercise despite the rain. It's annoying because running burns the most calories, my exercise DVD doesn't burn as much. Maybe I'll just have to suck it up and get wet at some point!

Yesterday's goals:

- Track all food and drink :)
      - Be in the green >:)No but I did start within maintenance at least
      - No alcohol >:)
      - Stay positive :smile:
      - Read emails at intervals only >:)

- Take boots to be reheeled (lunch) :smile:
      - Keep catching up on email newsletters :smile:
      - Do solution planning :neutral:
      - Talk to boyfriend in French >:)forgot about this
      - Lights off by 11 :smile:
      -

Today's goals:

- Track all food and drink
      - Stay within maintenance
      - Stay positive

- Make food plan for next week
      - Pick up boots
      - Do exercise DVD
      - Do laundry
      - Talk to boyfriend in French
      - Finalise plans for tomorrow
      - Lights off by 11
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Thursday 1st October

Log everything yes
      Stay in the green no
      Weekly shop yes
      Early appointment with medical equipment firm to return it all yes
      Rearrange parents bedroom, again yes
      Back exercises a late save, I did them in bed at night, didn't want to fail on the first day!
      Babysitting yes
      Gardening yes, took some cuttings before the heavy frost last night
      Walk no, too sore and it was late

As it's the first of the month I think I will set myself a challenge. I WILL do my back exercises every day. I'm fed up of writing that I didn't do them.#

OCTOBER CHALLENGE DAILY BACK EXERCISES
      o:)

Yesterday ended up really busy, there's a lot going on with the family this week and next week. Got hungry and hadn't planned food so had pizza. Even going for a walk wouldn't have put me in the green. Today will be better as I'm making a meal for my mother. veg included!

JFT Friday 2nd October

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Walk
      Gardening
      Load car
      Print work stuff for tomorrow
      Work phone calls/emails
      Babysitting
      Back exercises
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Friday 2 OctoberOctober

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Happy Scale weight trend ↔️

• TiffanyPe17
      TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
      Just for today, Thursday October 1st, I will:

•Go for a walk-aiming for the same distance as yesterday.✅ Also managed to increase my speed!!
      •Take care of some official paperwork needed for licensure✅
      •Return calls and emails from clients and community that I have been avoiding since in maternity leave ✅
      •Payroll✅
      •Love myself and be kind to myself✅

Yesterday went great, I’m proud of myself for getting everything done. I did agree to ge on a board in our local community that I had originally told myself I would decline. But, my husband and I both agreed that it would be a great networking opportunity for the practice, so despite being pretty busy on a ‘normal’ basis, I accepted. Hopefully it will work out 🤞🏻

Just for today, Friday October 2nd, I will:

•Pick up groceries
      •Purchase and Meet client for drop off of charitable donation
      •Basic cleanup before house keeper comes for deep cleaning
      •Walk- Same distance as yesterday
      •Make appointment for last step in licensure requirements
      •Call about preordering husbands Christmas gift
      •Pay bills for October
      •Love myself and be kind to myself; especially if I do not get everything done on this list today.

• lcharpentier2
      lcharpentier2 Posts: 331 Member
      A lot of you have nice goals good luck with them all.
      Well I wanted to start wearing my fit bit to up my steps can't find it So it must be at the cottage. Oh well I don't need it to tell me if i'm doing good or not.
      So got up to a smiling scale and a good blood sugar reading. So that pushes me in the right direction today.

See you all lighter
      Linda in Northern Ontario
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      THURSDAY:
      - NO CHIPS!🟢
      - Log everything🟢
      - Stay green🔴
      - Banking / budget🟢
      - Run errands🟢
      - E soccer practice🟢
      - Softball game for E & R🟢

Well, I wasn’t in the green, but I did avoid chips. Just having that as a personal challenge helps keep me in check. I didn’t go over by too much. I’ll really need to start incorporating exercise again to consistently stay green.

JFT FRIDAY:
      - NO CHIPS!
      - Log everything
      - Stay green
      - Prep for busy weekend of games
      - Practice music for church

*******NO CHIP OCTOBER CHALLENGE******
      Earn a leaf 🍁 for each day I complete without one bite of chips (crisps)! 🤐
      October 1,
      🍁
    • WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      Solid day

For Thursday, remember that success and failure both happen in slow motion.

1900 calories: 1886
      Work out 80 minutes: 81 minutes including a 2.49 mile walk
      Make good choices: Chose not to eat past my calorie limit for the day
      Support my bride: She deserves my best. She supports me every day and always has
      Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. Done and done. Nice way to end the day with my bide

[/quote]

For Friday do the things I need to do. I am in control.

1900 calories:
      Work out for 35 minutes:
      Make good choices:
      Support my bride:
      Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged: