Introductions!

2»

Replies

• ...also, feel free to send me a friend request if you would like some extra encouragement.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    dewit wrote: »
    Hiya from Europe 👋

I've been experimenting with this in August and found it disheartening to be out of Winers Circle relatively soon. 3 passes are not much; 28 days of behaving are a lot! It means taking each day seriously and not slipping off!

I'll make a little experiment: I set my goal on maintaining (though I intend to lose back about 5-7lb) and plan to not eat all my calories back. It's merely for the mental impact and basically the same of setting MFP on losing and eating back everyhing.

September was a month of sort of resting, but I need to get back to working out hard, since this is what kept me sane during the whole pandemic. I just need to take the time to work out during the day and not when everyone's sleeping. Its enough already that I workout from home or that I give the kids a chance to bike along when I'm running. Weather permitting, weekend are family active time: hikes, biking tours, high ropes courses...

I felt like a quitter in September and missed the lovely team I found here. I did quite well, given that I focused on other aspects. Gained at most 3.3 lbs. Yet, I want to be back in the team❣Let's give October a chance!

keep going mate. It took me 7 goes before getting into the winners circle :-) This is a great motivator though so good luck with it.

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Happy pre-birthday Dave.

This is my first time in a group challenge. For the past two months, I've been doing the monthly plank challenge in the main forums. My elbows were displeased but bore through it.

My weight-loss/body fat lowering progress was halved in the past month. While I realize I'm quite close to maintenance, my goal for this challenge is to see if accountability and a smidgen less food can get me back to my previous rate of body fat loss.

OCT Exercise: Kettlebell (KB) workout program, daily walking, stair climbing and random calisthenics.

OCT Nutrition: Hit my protein macro (40%) at least once a week 😭 Not surpass my carb and/or fat macros more than 3x a week 😪

Good luck with the challange this month :-)
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Good evening! I joined this month and realized I’ve never cleared out any of my past challenge groups! I have UAC threads back to 2016! And the last one was exactly a year ago... I fall off the bandwagon when I don’t have an event coming up. I seem to be able to focus on no more than a couple projects at a time - and health maintenance definitely falls in the project category for me because I’m lousy with any kind of maintenance. Just ask the beau who does most of the house cleaning 🥰

On the good side, I’m still about where I usually am - mid 180s and just jumped from my size 16s to my size 14s. But I can’t recall the last time I wore size 12. That’d be a welcome goal! But more importantly this time I’ve been focusing more on the healthier eating. Someone else mentioned leaky gut - not sure if that’s an issue for me or not, but it is a potential with hypothyroid which I DO have... so for the past month or so I’ve gone gluten free, low sugar, minimal dairy and have given up sodas entirely (Diet Coke was my biggest challenge to give up!)

And as for the event? Well, here’s hoping it’s an April cruise if they can figure out how to safely test and board the ships by then!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    dewit wrote: »
    Hiya from Europe 👋

I've been experimenting with this in August and found it disheartening to be out of Winers Circle relatively soon. 3 passes are not much; 28 days of behaving are a lot! It means taking each day seriously and not slipping off!

I'll make a little experiment: I set my goal on maintaining (though I intend to lose back about 5-7lb) and plan to not eat all my calories back. It's merely for the mental impact and basically the same of setting MFP on losing and eating back everyhing.

September was a month of sort of resting, but I need to get back to working out hard, since this is what kept me sane during the whole pandemic. I just need to take the time to work out during the day and not when everyone's sleeping. Its enough already that I workout from home or that I give the kids a chance to bike along when I'm running. Weather permitting, weekend are family active time: hikes, biking tours, high ropes courses...

I felt like a quitter in September and missed the lovely team I found here. I did quite well, given that I focused on other aspects. Gained at most 3.3 lbs. Yet, I want to be back in the team❣Let's give October a chance!

@dewit
    When I began my weight loss journey, I admitted to myself that I was gaining 2lbs most months. SO, I focused on portion sizes & maintaining. I counted maintaining as a TWO POUND loss, as I took the time to clean out my unused kitchen, stock food, measure out portions.

Slow & gradual change works. It’s most difficult in the beginning. Self-kindness works best.

YOU are a Winner just by being here & posting each day. Period.
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    October will be my second month. I had far too many pass days in September and it was generally quite a difficult month for me, but the daily check-ins definitely helped. I also had too many binge eating days so having fewer in October is one of my main goals! I'm currently travelling and can't weigh - before I left I'd lost close to two kgs (in the first three weeks of sept), but I suspect some of that may have been regained. We shall see on Monday. 😬

Welcome to all the newbies!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Hello everyone.

Welcome all who are new or are returning. I am looking forward to going through the month of October with everyone.

I reside in SFL and am so happy our weather is getting cooler. I do not stay in FL for the summers, but love, love, love fall through spring here! Where else can I see (and practice) the wearing of winter boots when it's 70 degrees out!!

I was a WW for many years and found the meetings held me accountable. I was not thrilled with the changes in the program. For me I found the biggest thing that kept me on track was the daily recording of my intake. As soon as I slipped in that area the weight would start to creep back up.

I have also found my get healthy plan seems to start every 10 years or so. I get the weight off, keep it off, and then slowly but surely gain it back. This last round it took me forever to get motivated. Since I am not so young I realized I needed to get back to a healthier lifestyle, if I wanted to have decent retirement years. They are right around the corner.....

Again, looking forward to spending the month with the UAC team! We can do this!!!
  • oldDogBiking
    oldDogBiking Posts: 159 Member
    Hello -
    I been lurking this group for a while thinking about getting back to it.
    The necessity is kind of approaching. I am only like 3 or so pounds above my GW but that 3 pounds is what is still left of my last winters weight gain.
    Yeah. Just now coming off of last winter's weight and it is getting ready to be winter again.
    When I am well behaved dietarily my wife does better. We got kind of a goal of 300 pounds between the 2 of us. That is because the air mattresses we camp on have that as a weight limit. That is a pretty weird motivator I guess.
    I exercised pretty good over the summer. Got 5 months in a row of merit badges for bicycle climb. Yeah, that don't pan out in winter... less exercise and more party equals winter weight gain.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Hello -
    I been lurking this group for a while thinking about getting back to it.
    The necessity is kind of approaching. I am only like 3 or so pounds above my GW but that 3 pounds is what is still left of my last winters weight gain.
    Yeah. Just now coming off of last winter's weight and it is getting ready to be winter again.
    When I am well behaved dietarily my wife does better. We got kind of a goal of 300 pounds between the 2 of us. That is because the air mattresses we camp on have that as a weight limit. That is a pretty weird motivator I guess.
    I exercised pretty good over the summer. Got 5 months in a row of merit badges for bicycle climb. Yeah, that don't pan out in winter... less exercise and more party equals winter weight gain.

That's actually so sweet 😍 Couple health goals get me every time.

Come on back in to UAC, @oldDogBiking...the water's fine!
  • Mail4mand
    Mail4mand Posts: 12 Member
    Hi i have returned to mfp and this group today. It was very heartening to see the uac still here. Thank you ranger rick and all the other people i remember for being here its a huge support and inspiration. Ive been off trying other things to lose weight (including not trying to lose weight!) Am in same situation weight wise (very heavy) but worse off in my heart and mind - achieving the three uac goals today is the success i need. So i look fwd to checking in later with my first day achieved and accounted for. Best wishes to you all.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @Mail4mand I didn't know you before but it'll be fun getting to know you now! Welcome back 👋🏿
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    @Mail4mand Nice to meet you! I am new to the group this month, but I really love it!