Something that Made You Feel Good Today

Replies

• rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    2) I'm going to come in under my daily CALORIE limit today even though my exercise slump continues.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Got on my new scale this morning and it said 196. 😑 while normally I would be super excited to see the 100s I knew I didn’t loose 6lbs yesterday. Even if I wooshed. Got on my old scale and 203 just like yesterday. Hmmm.
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Got on my new scale this morning and it said 196. 😑 while normally I would be super excited to see the 100s I knew I didn’t loose 6lbs yesterday. Even if I wooshed. Got on my old scale and 203 just like yesterday. Hmmm.

Now you need a tie breaker! My Walmart and cvs have weigh machines. Maybe you can try that if you have one convenient.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Sheets has its self serve tea back! 😄

Sheetz is a convenience store with food like a speedway or wa-wa. When COVID hit they had to shut down their self serve drink stations. I like their tea and it was a great bathroom stop when heading up to one of remote work locations. I stopped in today and was happy to see the tea containers out-this particular store is good for keeping it fresh.

And I stopped on the way up to get some bloodwork done and then was going to stop again on the way back for my appt at the hospital-I turned 40 this year, so guess what annual screenings I get to start having? Anyway, I worked it outside that I could pick up a monitor from a service near there and planned to work from there today.

When I mentioned my plans to the receptionist registering me for the bloodwork, she took it upon herself to call and see if they could get me in earlier, and they did-9 am instead of 4:30 pm. I only had to wait 20 minutes and now I don’t have to hang around the service center all day!

It also works out that I can pick up this monitor, download the results, and reset it to be sent out again as I just received a request for another monitor in that area-I’m getting it all done in one trip.

It’s really nice when things work out once in a while!
  • ntw250
    ntw250 Posts: 15 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »

I got a new "Withings" Scale last week, it put me up by 3 lbs, but my old scales were so unreliable (stand on them 3 times and get 3 weights, sometimes up to 5lbs apart) so i decided to bite the bullet and go with the news ones.

This morning it tells me that i am the same weight as I was (on the old scale) last week, so bullet bit, seeing the same weight is positive, now to start seeing it reduce again
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    @eliezalot that’s awesome!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited September 2020
    jjlbrick wrote: »
    Yesterday I donated blood pretty routine I have a rare blood type. My blood pressure good, resting heart rate 56 (exercise), my hemoglobin was 15. I was turned down last year cause it was too low. Has to be 12 something for them to take it.
    I started taking vitamins that raised it but the Healthier change in my diet has raised it from 12-13, to 15, “that’s really good”

I donate on the regular (but O+, nothing exotic) and until I had my hysterectomy last year, I rode the line. It's 12.5 for a woman to donate and I would routinely pass with 12.5-12.8 or miss with 11.9-12.4. Since my hysterectomy, I've been 13.0 and higher. I guess not trying to bleed to death from my uterus every month makes a difference, lol.

My weight and health levels did not make any significant difference, just the hysterectomy.
  • bmeadows380
    I don't know if its what I had on Sunday when I dressed up a little and even put on makeup, or the jacket I had on yesterday, but 2 different people caught me yesterday and asked "are you losing weight?" and "how are you doing it?" And even my mother admitted that I look taller the more I lose :)
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    And even my mother admitted that I look taller the more I lose :)

It's weird how I *feel* taller lately...it seems like the weight loss has caused a big improvement in my posture and I feel... almost graceful?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    These are from Sunday; I like to think I clean up decently lol

G/F you look amazing....I can not believe how much slimmer your face is in these pictures...you have gorgeous skin and beautiful eyes!...maybe you will become a “ cougar “.... you really look great!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,274 Member
    You look LOVELY, @bmeadows380!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    You look LOVELY, @bmeadows380!!!

I blew your picture up and you look good, too....your eyes and skin are very pretty and your cheekbones are amazing....I think your hairstyle suits you, too...

Omg I need a haircut so bad...I keep putting it off but my hair is tooooooo long....John usually colors my hair but I think I need a pro job this time....COVID let me go too long between touch ups!...actually I need a complete maintenance appointment!
  • bmeadows380
    @conniewilkins56
    *laughs* the wonders of makeup! At least that tells me that my self taught makeup skills may be rudimentary but they must be decent :)

I have never colored my hair, but mom used to color hers. She claims she quit because dad wanted her to quit, but sometimes I think she uses dad as a convenient excuse......

I have silver strands but I just consider them to be highlights lol Though I am considering getting a makeup consultation by Ulta Beauty or the one in JCPenny if and when I EVER get to 220 lbs. And maybe a haircut and perhaps even a little color. Course, I find myself taking pride in the oddest things sometimes, and having never colored my hair is one of them lol

my mom did try a perm in my hair when I was 8 and it was awful. My hair doesn't hold curl at all, and they ended up making my hair a frizzy mess. The only curlers that will last in my hair is the foam ones put in when your hair is wet and let to dry. Any other type of curler or curling iron, and my hair will be flat on the side that you start on by the time you finish on the other side. The stylist for my brother's wedding didn't believe me when I told her, but after trying for an hour to get curls to stay short of a whole bottle of hairspray, she gave up and left my hair down. lol
  • bmeadows380
    I got my pellet stove working! Thank goodness! I"m going to need it this coming weekend!
  • conniewilkins56
    @conniewilkins56
    *laughs* the wonders of makeup! At least that tells me that my self taught makeup skills may be rudimentary but they must be decent :)

I have never colored my hair, but mom used to color hers. She claims she quit because dad wanted her to quit, but sometimes I think she uses dad as a convenient excuse......

I have silver strands but I just consider them to be highlights lol Though I am considering getting a makeup consultation by Ulta Beauty or the one in JCPenny if and when I EVER get to 220 lbs. And maybe a haircut and perhaps even a little color. Course, I find myself taking pride in the oddest things sometimes, and having never colored my hair is one of them lol

my mom did try a perm in my hair when I was 8 and it was awful. My hair doesn't hold curl at all, and they ended up making my hair a frizzy mess. The only curlers that will last in my hair is the foam ones put in when your hair is wet and let to dry. Any other type of curler or curling iron, and my hair will be flat on the side that you start on by the time you finish on the other side. The stylist for my brother's wedding didn't believe me when I told her, but after trying for an hour to get curls to stay short of a whole bottle of hairspray, she gave up and left my hair down. lol

Because of blood pressure meds, I started getting grey in my early 30s shortly after we had our “ surprise “ daughter...( 9 years younger than her brother )... I have had my hair colored since then...right now because of COVID, my hair is a nightmare....John colors it between salon visits but he has felt so bad this summer I haven’t had him dye it for me...it is also way too long hanging to the middle of my back...I plan on getting a cut,dye,brows,facial,nails and toes by the end of October if I have to beg, borrow or steal a hair stylist to let me in the shop lol...sigh, I am high maintenance lol....

You do look great....I don’t think JC Penny’s does a very good makeover...Ulta would be better but ask for the tech you want...go in and browse or ask a customer if she likes the results...and don’t buy all the products she wants you to purchase...get a good moisturizer like Oil of Olay and let her choose your foundation and liner...the rest you can get at Walmart or CVS....really watch your brows....get them the way you like even if she has to do them a couple of times....lol....I love make up!
  • bmeadows380
    @conniewilkins56
    Thanks for the tip! I've heard good and bad about both. And I don't want to come out looking like a, as my mother terms it, a "french *kitten*" either lol I definitely want help with foundation and liner, looking to get it matched right for my age and skin type. I'm conservative and don't want to looked like a painted barn; I'd rather have something that subtly accents what's there and perhaps hides a few wrinkles or lines lol

I wear makeup so rarely that it usually is still over half full by the time it expires and I have to replace it :) but once in a while, I like to dress up.

I'd LOVE to have my hair to the middle of my back! I'm jealous! My hair is really fine and it will not grow long at all; gets to about the middle of my shoulder blades then starts breaking off. And if I let it get too long, it just gets all flat and stringy with no body at all. And I hate styling my hair - I'm the type that wants to run a brush through my hair, pull it back with a couple of clips to keep it out of my face, set it with hair spray and go on with my day. And I only set it with hairspray because my hair is so fine that if I don't, I fight having wisps in my face all day, and I hate having my hair in my face. In summer, I just pull it back into a pony tail or french braid, if I have it long enough that I can braid it.

But then again, I've never been around women who liked the whole makeup thing, either. My mom can't wear makeup as she's allergic to just about everything out there, and she's not inclined to wear it if she could, anyway. And really neither did any of the other women in my circle of acquaintance - we never did each other's hair or nails or any of those sorts of things lots of teen girls get to do. So when I started trying out makeup, it was more of a stab in the dark for me to figure out what I needed and didn't, and I am still hopelessly out of touch with all the styles and products - the makeup aisle is pretty much a foreign land to me :)

Its funny, though - I hate styling my hair myself, but love to have someone else style it for me; sitting in the chair getting a hair cut is one of the most relaxing things I've experienced; unfortunately, its usually over in about 15 minutes.....
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    @rieraclaelin I for sure know that feeling—that initial peek of collarbone feels like (and is) such a big deal! Congratulations on your success!