The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Hello all - back again to try to get rid of that bit of fluff yet because it's about time. Hope you all have a great day!

Hey M! Welcome back!

Hi there, and thank you! Good to be here!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    I've been craving a bagel for a couple weeks. When I was downtown to pick up my mail, I stopped by the bagel shop.

Unable to decide on their lox bagel (cream cheese, lox, red onion, green onion, tomato, capers) or their pastrami bagel (cream cheese, pastrami, red onion, green onion, tomato), I had half of the bagel made each way. Oh yeah!

vk6e69f1kbci.jpg

Then I had a weak moment and got a bag of day-old "firesticks." These are bagels that are shaped like slugs instead of a circle. The dough is the same as their jalapeno bagels, but they roll it in cheddar before they bake 'em. I should have just got one fresh one instead of four day-old ones. Half of them are in the freezer now. The other won't make it until moonrise....
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I've been craving a bagel for a couple weeks. When I was downtown to pick up my mail, I stopped by the bagel shop.

Unable to decide on their lox bagel (cream cheese, lox, red onion, green onion, tomato, capers) or their pastrami bagel (cream cheese, pastrami, red onion, green onion, tomato), I had half of the bagel made each way. Oh yeah!

vk6e69f1kbci.jpg

Then I had a weak moment and got a bag of day-old "firesticks." These are bagels that are shaped like slugs instead of a circle. The dough is the same as their jalapeno bagels, but they roll it in cheddar before they bake 'em. I should have just got one fresh one instead of four day-old ones. Half of them are in the freezer now. The other won't make it until moonrise....

Oh, my.....😍😍😍

• forestfreek
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    sorry, I meant forest. I was reading and working and not doing either very well.

Ahhh gotcha! I always think it's better to go with how you look and feel. I'm a dense person and weight a lot I always have. I used to always win those guess your weight games at fairs cause I carry weight weird I guess so the scale is never my friend. Oddly a friend and I discussed this yesterday

I agree with this. I think once you get to your goal weight or a weight that’s comfortable for you I think it would be great to be able to ditch the scales!!! That’s my dream - to get to my desired weight and then smash the scales with a sledgehammer 😂🤣😂

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    So my goal was to "walk a marathon" over the week. There's no way in heck I'd ever actually do a marathon in real life so I figured let's see how much effort it would take. Well I reached the goal today!!! Only took 4 days, a lot of long walks but since I woke up with a sore Achilles I figured I'm best to get it done so I can rest tomorrow.

Btw all this walking was to rest my knee that was sore. Now I've added an ankle to the list but I did it.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Hello everyone! Who's excited for Friday?
  • mtaratoot
    So my goal was to "walk a marathon" over the week. There's no way in heck I'd ever actually do a marathon in real life so I figured let's see how much effort it would take. Well I reached the goal today!!! Only took 4 days, a lot of long walks but since I woke up with a sore Achilles I figured I'm best to get it done so I can rest tomorrow.

Btw all this walking was to rest my knee that was sore. Now I've added an ankle to the list but I did it.

A few weeks ago my neighbor participated in a "run 100 miles in ten days" challenge. She did it in a week. But she does that kind of stuff. Me? Not so much.
  • mtaratoot
    So, I was looking through my files for some paperwork I need to submit with an application for a license/certification for work. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find this which suggests I'm of the appropriate age for this here little bunch o' folks.

9uvb9jg7qa66.jpg

It was a great show, and I got to go meet Willie on his bus afterwards.
  • AliNouveau

A few weeks ago my neighbor participated in a "run 100 miles in ten days" challenge. She did it in a week. But she does that kind of stuff. Me? Not so much.

And thanks for diminishing my accomplishment!
  • Michellelea007
    Michellelea007 Posts: 5 Member
    Turned 41 years young this past September, please add me!
  • mtaratoot

And thanks for diminishing my accomplishment!

It should in no way diminish what YOU accomplished. If I were to tell you how far I've been walking weekly, that shouldn't diminish what you accomplished either. I just think it's neat that some people can go out and run 100 miles in a week. Or in a day and a half. Her and her partner are both ultra runners, and they are sort of suggesting I can do it too. I'm not sure. Her ultra running buddies were giving her a hard time because on one of her days she "only" ran a little more than a marathon and why didn't she just go for at least 50K. She did a half marathon (plus a little) one day and a marathon (plus a little) the next. I think it's pretty amazing what they do.
  • coffee_n_weights
    "...only ran a little more than a marathon"
    I can't even....
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Good morning all and welcome to FRIDAY !!!!
    4l2jfmx8kbmd.jpg
  • forestfreek
    Happy Friday everyone 🥂🤗
  • srmckies
    srmckies Posts: 6 Member
    Happy Friday everyone 🥂🤗

Yes!!!! Weve arrived
  • srmckies
    srmckies Posts: 6 Member
    Turned 41 years young this past September, please add me!

Congrats. Welcome to mid life 😁
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member

It should in no way diminish what YOU accomplished. If I were to tell you how far I've been walking weekly, that shouldn't diminish what you accomplished either. I just think it's neat that some people can go out and run 100 miles in a week. Or in a day and a half. Her and her partner are both ultra runners, and they are sort of suggesting I can do it too. I'm not sure. Her ultra running buddies were giving her a hard time because on one of her days she "only" ran a little more than a marathon and why didn't she just go for at least 50K. She did a half marathon (plus a little) one day and a marathon (plus a little) the next. I think it's pretty amazing what they do.

I'm meeting up with an ultra-marathon fan friend of mine this evening.

He won a world record, for the fastest marathon dressed as a ginger bread man. He held the record for about 12 hours - someone in Australia nabbed the record soon after him. (Here is his story: https://www.goraise.co.uk/blog/richard-fastest-gingerbread-man/.)
  • coffee_n_weights
    Happy Friday everyone☕️
  • AliNouveau
    Hooray for Fridays!!!! Anyone have anything fun planned this weekend? Autumn is in full swing here, time to get out and enjoy all the beauty nature offers us at this time of year.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Happy Friday everyone! Its crap in the UK today!