Home Workout Recommendations

Looking for suggestions for best home workout. Books, youtube, anything. Since I will not be going back to the gym for a while I really need to do something to get my butt off the couch

Replies

• wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    burpees
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Best for what goals?

Intended as a straight swap for whatever it was that you were doing at the gym?
    Likes?
    Dislikes?
    Equipment?
    Just indoors or outdoors too?
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Best for what goals?

Likes?
    Dislikes?
    Equipment?

Weight Loss. At the gym I like to lift heavy but I do not have access to those at home. I have dumbbells and a spin bike.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    dumbbell burpees supersetted with bike sprints
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    MudDancer wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Best for what goals?

Likes?
    Dislikes?
    Equipment?

Weight Loss. At the gym I like to lift heavy but I do not have access to those at home. I have dumbbells and a spin bike.

Weight loss = walking or running away from the kitchen.
    It really is your deficit that drives weight loss and not your exercise. If you are serious that your only goal is weight loss then ride two hours a day on your Spinning bike at your fastest sustainable pace. (Which is a dreadful idea but aligns with the only goal you have given.)

I'll assume you do actually have some health, fitness, strength goals despite not stating them or you wouldn't surely have bought equipment and a gym membership.................

Have you seen the link in Most Helpful posts regarding lifting programs? It includes bodyweight and dumbbell routines.

Suggest Zwift, Training Peaks or Trainerroad for your indoor cycling if you like that kind of plan/interaction. Or just put a good film or music on and pedal if you have no fitness goals beyond burning calories.
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Fitnessblender.com
    Nike Training App
    Fitbit has free workouts so does MFP.

These are some options for indoor workouts and a good way to get moving if you’re goal is to “get your butt off the coach” as you say.
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    You can get the Peloton app for about $14/ month and you’ll have access to not only spin classes, but strength, yoga, running/walking, meditation, barre. I found it to be an excellent substitute for when my Orange Theory gym closed and I really look forward to my workouts now!
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Check out this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10796095/what-youtube-workout-did-you-do-today/p1

It has loads of great YouTube workouts.

My favorite fitness channels for easy/beginner workouts are Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone and Body Project.

Intermediate: Fitness Blender

Challenging: Heather Robertson and MadFit

Those difficulty classifications are my own and may not apply to you or individual videos. For example, i did A Sydney Cummings video from the thread that was labeled beginner but I was sweating bullets and heaving for air!
  • capgordon2774
    capgordon2774 Posts: 52 Member
    Look up Joe wicks hiit cardio now equipment needed
  • rockymtdeb
    rockymtdeb Posts: 7 Member
    LES Mills on demand. Great workouts, lots of variety
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    I have been doing Les Mills on Demand from home. There are a lot of programs there, including a weight lifting class that is amazing, called Bodypump.
  • I use BeachBody on demand.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    I have a TRX and it's been great. I have a superset workout that creates a combo muscle-building and cardio workout. You can adjust resistance simply with your body position. I won't lie, I miss the gym, but the TRX has enabled me to maintain tone and weight (even lose some weight) during Covid with a combination of TRX workouts and outside walks/runs. Hope that helps.
  • jessesmom81
    jessesmom81 Posts: 30 Member
    These are my favorite https://growyoungfitness.com/ and better5.com :)
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,268 Member
    I love yoga with Adrienne