looking for friends 50+ who want to get healthy. lets motivate and laugh together!

I am looking forward to getting healthy with new friends who would like to join me. I have been down this road way to many times and really need to meet friends who want to keep each other accountable. I love to laugh and have a good time and would like to meet some great people close to my age who are willing to do more than just hit the like button. I love the lord, I am married with children and just love people and animals. My favorite thing to do is be a goofball and just laugh at nothing. YOU are never to old for that!!

Replies

• darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Happy to oblige. Still waiting to grow up myself.
  • Debbiebert
    Debbiebert Posts: 27 Member
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    I've been trying to find small supportive group- most end up too big & I can't keep up with posts.
    I'm Jo from Durham in UK. Had to watch weight all the time but having been almost at my target, again, perimenopause hit & I could not loose weight. After another 10lb in lockdown enough is enough. I just need to get my eating controlled!! Do so well then drop the ball! I teach secondary school Science, been married 32 years, have 2 teenage girls & 2 cats.

perimenopause ahhhhhGRRRRR!! yah I hear yah! My doctor told me I am a late bloomer! ugh I hope it doesn't effect me as well I am trying so hard again!! hope your doing well!
  • Debbiebert
    Happy to oblige. Still waiting to grow up myself.

LOve it! I don't think I will ever grow up!! I will be the little old lady getting into trouble in my wheel chair hahah!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    I will be 50 in December ..... you are welcome to add me ....wishing you much success on your journey :)
  • mrs_angela_cowan
    mrs_angela_cowan Posts: 8 Member
    I'll be 54 in December! 2nd time on MFP. Looking for a lifestyle change & friends. 😊
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    I am also over 50, struggling to loose 20 pounds and gain friends. I too love to giggle! I have recently found that I like being outside walking, maybe jogging, and appreciating nature. Sunset walks are my favorite! Please add me as a friend if you want support too!
  • Debbiebert
    so glad that many of you replied... this is great!! we can do this.... lets kick butt together and kick this battle of being cute but fluffy!! :D:p:D:p:D
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Am I too old to join you? I am 69 but I think quite fit for my age. I have lost weight during lockdown because I decided to take the opportunity to lose weight as I couldn't go visiting people, or go to restaurants nor on vacation. So, to me it was an ideal time

I have two dogs that keep me walking three times a day and I am very spasmodic with general exercise.

I have been with MFP for 8 years and would love to lose about 6lbs. Elusive lbs I might add. Might not sound a lot, but trust me, it is. Most of my friends just hit the like button these days, but I always comment on their achievements. I do prattle on a bit too. Not always about weight or fitness, but if this doesn't bother anyone then please add me as a friend. Thank you
  • cristiwinks
    cristiwinks Posts: 19 Member
    I sent a request to add you.... feel free to include me. I am 50+ and trying to rid myself of 40 lbs. and get toned... I did it before in my life I can do it again.... even though now my metabolism is much slower, I don't want to give up.
  • Debbiebert
    I hear you ...you sound like me I need to lose the same amount wow!!! Let's do this I just stared again myself...
  • Debbiebert
    2essie wrote: »
    Am I too old to join you? I am 69 but I think quite fit for my age. I have lost weight during lockdown because I decided to take the opportunity to lose weight as I couldn't go visiting people, or go to restaurants nor on vacation. So, to me it was an ideal time

I have two dogs that keep me walking three times a day and I am very spasmodic with general exercise.

I have been with MFP for 8 years and would love to lose about 6lbs. Elusive lbs I might add. Might not sound a lot, but trust me, it is. Most of my friends just hit the like button these days, but I always comment on their achievements. I do prattle on a bit too. Not always about weight or fitness, but if this doesn't bother anyone then please add me as a friend. Thank you

Not At ALL YOU SOUND GREAT!!!
  • Debbiebert
    I sent a request to add you.... feel free to include me. I am 50+ and trying to rid myself of 40 lbs. and get toned... I did it before in my life I can do it again.... even though now my metabolism is much slower, I don't want to give up.

Started I just started hahaha*
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    If anyone is interested in joining a great group with lots of support/motivation I highly recommend you go to the Fat2Fit group have a look around and sign up if you would like :)

Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811137/registration-for-new-members-october-2020#latest
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    I have been on this rollercoaster a few times. Have finally decided it is time to focus and persevere. I too love the Lord, love to laugh and would love to have a group to be accountable, to encourage and share the journey.
  • Debbiebert
    edited October 2020
    Hey EVERYONE!! Is anyone still coming on here and checking in?? I see that a lot of you friended each other that is awwwwwwwsome!! shout out a great big Hello if you see this message!!!

• mrs_angela_cowan
    mrs_angela_cowan Posts: 8 Member
    Debbiebert wrote: »
    Hey EVERYONE!! Is anyone still coming on here and checking in?? I see that a lot of you friended each other that is awwwwwwwsome!! shout out a great big Hello if you see this message!!!

Hello!!👋🏽
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Hello!!! :smiley:
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Hi, I used to be around these here parts about 5 or 6 years ago regularly, but dropped off the face of the earth for the last five years (not really, just crazy life things). I just turned 50 and have a good 60-70 pounds to lose! I am a reading teacher in a private academic preschool, love to write, and I love food and wine a little too much! I will request you as friends (or you can friend me) :)