30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Day 108 (Saturday)

Thank goodness the construction crew was finished by 10am, so I could get out into my studio and film the video for my course. Of course, I can't edit them yet, and I have no idea when my laptop will be fixed, but really getting the filming done it the hardest part. Now, sitting all day filming doesn't allow for many steps, but we did manage to take the kids to a local park for a walk. The weather was really nice and it was nice to get out of the house. Now for some baked salmon for dinner - yum! Productive day in some areas, not in others, but I'll take it! :D

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - Nope
    Water - ✅
  • MommaGemz
    Day 109 (Sunday)

And the hits keep on coming. My laptop has been deemed "unrepairable," so I had to research and order a new one today. At the quality I need to edit and render videos... Ouch. I also added the extended warranty this time. Upside is that I'm having a forced vacation this week since I have nothing to work on.

Luckily, I stress-walked until I got all my steps in. I slept in and had alot of chores to do today, so I didn't think I would get steps in. Frustrating how vacuuming, folding laundry, and scrubbing things don't give many steps even thought they're exhausting. After the laptop news I just paced my worries away. I avoided comfort-eating and got so much accomplished today. Productive day, but exhausting in every way.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    @MommaGemz Very impressive how you didn’t let the laptop situation get the best of you! Walking away the stress is a very healthy way to deal with the stress! I know it’s causing major stress since it puts you majorly behind on getting your editing work done. But you are rising to the occasion like someone who’s never had a weight problem in her life!!

I’ve been feeling stressed as well. We’ve been in this apartment for over a year, searching and failing to find the right house.
    I may have mentioned we had a contract on a new construction house last November but the inspection revealed 7 broken roof trusses. So we walked away. We almost bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago on a house but decided it’s too small and too far away from everything. At first we were blinded by the beautiful mountain, lake and golf course views, all from the family room, kitchen, master BR and patio. But We really do need a bonus room for my fitness stuff( treadmill, spin bike, weights, kettle bells, etc.
    So now my husband is getting frustrated and that’s frustrating me. I’m so TIRED of looking! I know it’s a minor problem in the whole scheme of things...I just don’t want to be impulsive and buy a house we regret buying.
    Yesterday mfp said I was 50 calories under but we got take out French fries and I indulged. I’m just not sure the count was accurate because it was from a Local hole in the wall that doesn’t give nutrition info. Oh well. I still logged everything the best I could and exercised. I’m kind of holding steady right now and my motivation is slipping to lose any more weight as I see my face start to sag with loose skin!😭 I am 56 years old so it’s not surprising but if I lose any more, it will sag worse. I may just try to maintain a while. My pre- quarantine jeans are loose again so I’m okay.

Exercise: ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Under: ✅
  • @MommaGemz It is wonderful that you're getting so much done, but you're sounding just as busy as you were before The Great Meltdown... Do take care not to push yourself further than you can bear!

@clutterqueen House hunting is hugely stressful - and it's a weird time to be buying property too. I'm not sure what's going on with the market where you are, but here prices are in flux because people are looking to work from home more, so priorities (and prices) are changing. Personally, I never want to move again, because I never want to pack again!

I wonder if you could both do with a short break from house hunting and all house talk? Then when you start again with a renewed list of priorities, it will feel new and shiny again, as opposed to the continuation of one year plus slog.

When is the last time you had a change of hairstyle? Sometimes as our faces change shape with weight loss, the hair that suits us best changes too - I know it's not an ideal time to be going to the hairdressers, but I wonder if a clever hairdresser might make you feel better about what you're seeing in the mirror. But honestly, a little bit of loose skin is natural and normal, and I'm sure doesn't make you any less beautiful. We're all really good at fixating on trivial things that no one else sees as clearly as we do.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    @thelastnightingale - wonderful, fantastic news! Congrats on your 30lb loss mark and breaking the 170’s! It’s a very big success and you are so ahead of the game by being present, paying close attention and truly seeing the changes! It’s encouraging and hopefully a little contagious for the rest of your very proud cheerleaders 😁.
    @MommaGemz - I moved 1.5 years ago here and frankly my neighbors are constantly changing a roof, building a fence, rebuilding a driveway, that I’m surprised when there’s no backing truck noises, nor constant banging. But not at 7AM in the weekend and without warning the neighbors! Not cool, I agree with you.
    @clutterqueen - looking for THE house is stressful, very stressful. When we went thru it, my husband was more affected than I was so I talked my frustrations with a good friend ( didn’t want to add on him) . So go for it, make this place and us your sounding board. Good luck and great patience!

I realized that I have been here for 2 months now and although staring at the trend daily , I cannot see much, maybe 0.5-1. I get that my 15lb will go slow, but this slow? If that’s the case than I will reach my 15lb loss in couple years.
    Now I have a choice, either accept the small trend, since the time will pass either way, or put a little fight and get there sooner. It’s Monday, so I’m going to chew on this for a while.
  • @GabiV125 I'll be happy if I hit my target weight by next summer, so I'm giving myself plenty of time to slow down along the way if I need it. Today I felt like misbehaving, so had an extra 100 calories of grapes. I was hungry, I'd had a long day, I was still under my maintenance anyway, and I was damned if I was going to go without fruit on a day that my body suddenly decided it would quite like some.

I think it's OK to slow down sometimes - if you're taking a maintenance break, or losing very very slowly, you're still not gaining weight, and that's the main thing. Be flexible with your own deadlines - you can bring them forward or slow them down, depending on what life throws at you and how much energy you have - as long as the scale doesn't go up, you're still winning. You don't have to make any firm decisions, you just have to keep soldiering on. You're right, time will pass either way. The moment will be sweet no matter when you get there. :)

Tiredness and weight loss seem to magically catch in this thread, so if my scales are moving, everyone else's must be about to do the same thing. :)
  • MommaGemz
    Day 110 (Monday)

Well, I made it through Monday. I felt very lackluster even though I managed to get all my tasks done for the day.

Helpful mental tip. When I am wearing my "I lost 20 lbs and these are loose" pants, I think to myself, "I've done so well. Why don't a take a break tonight and eat a cheeseburger?"

Instead, if, on the very same day, I squeeze into those yoga pants I haven't worn in years that are snug. I think, "Wow, these pants are a weeee tight. I'd better stay away from those cheeseburgers." Same day, different pants. Different types of "permission" I give to myself...

Lesson is... wear the tight pants.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅

@thelastnightingale LOL, you also forgot that TOM. I know whenever you say it's time, that mine is not far behind and TaDa - it's here today. Happy bloating!

@GabiV125 If you seem to have settled and you'd really like to move that scale - there's no harm in giving yourself one week of solid effort and see what happens. I tend to do that. I'll look at the scale and think, "I am SO tired of seeing (insert number), then I give myself a nice push for 4-7 days to give it a kickstart. Even if it just settles at a slightly lower number, it's nice to be at a different number.

@clutterqueen Sending you positive vibes! House buying is incredibly stressful even during the best of times. It's part of the reason I hate moving. Hopefully you'll finally find just the right place and these disapointments will seem like a blessing once you're in that new house!

• clutterqueen
    @thelastbightingale Great suggestion to consider a new hairstyle. But are you saying the long bob I’ve been wearing my hair in for the last 25 years might be dated!?!😉I’m sure it’s time for a change, but the problem is I can’t tolerate a hairstyle that requires more than 3-4 minutes of work, and that includes Blow drying! I went the entire summer without even drying it. Also, I have to be able to pull It into a ponytail( at least a short one) because I work out hard every day and sweat quite a bit during the process. Something to consider when I feel like braving the salons. I wish I could just inject a little fat from my body into my face and then presto, no more sagging skin, problem solved!
    And we have taken a couple of little breaks during the 14 months of house hunting. The problem is most houses here go under contract within the first 24 hours on the market and it takes me longer than that to commit to buying a pair of socks, much less a house!!

@Gabiv125 I’m right there with you with the slow weight loss!( actually I’m completely stalled in a holding pattern as I decide if I want to lose any more due to sagging skin. But the weight I did lose was very slow to come off! I’m 5 2 1/2 and I’m weighing 125-127 pounds, wear size 6 jeans and have muscular legs and back. A side effect of trying to make sure my bones stay strong by doing weights/ strength routine at least twice a week for years. But I still believe the more slowly it comes off, the better chance you have of keeping it off.

@thelastnightingale You gave very good advice to @Gabiv125 that is really good for all of us to remember!

@MommaGemz Love your story about trying on the 2 different pairs of pants at the same weight and thinking 2 very different things! Another good point to consider!
    I hope you are finding ways to work a cheeseburger in your meal plan now and again if you enjoy them. I ate a Beyond Burger with a slice of jalapeño cheese on a lite bun tonight. A nice indulgence as I haven’t eaten cow in at least 7 years. ( I do eat chicken and fish though) I like to make the “burgers” at home so I know what the calorie count is. If I ate a fast food one, it would be a LOT more calories!

I hate moving too! Of course, after I complained about not being able to find a house after looking for over a year, what was the Bible reading for today? About Joshua getting ready to lead the Israelites into the Promised Land after they’d been wandering in the desert with Moses for 40 years, LIVING in tents, that they had to take down, move and keep putting back up!
    And I was feeling bad that I’m still in this apartment, where I have a kitchen that has a 7 foot island with granite counter top! Where I can look out the windows and off my balcony and see beautiful mountains! Wow, am I a total ungrateful brat or what!?!

My day:
    Under: ✅
    I’ve been eating most of my exercise calories each day and still wanting more! What’s up with that!?! I just want to snack!
  • GabiV125
    Alright full disclosure, yesterday’s tantrum was because it was my 24th anniversary and I was disappointed in the scale not doing anything for me for that day, after 2 months.
    @thelastnightingale - Last 15 will always go off slow. You are so right, stagnant is NOT gain and I do need to be more patient and kinder with myself, but with my long history of bad talk, even when I’m going in the right direction, it takes one second to slip back in the bad habits. Thank you for reminding me the good way. I am certainly one of those people that need reminders.
    Your indulgence is 100 calories in grapes? Fantastic restraint!
    I love your suggestion of changing the hairstyle when weight goes off . It makes so much sense to frame the face differently and allow one thing to be for fun after a long way of keeping everything tight.
    @clutterqueen - you are me but blond and 10lb lighter. I’m the exact same height 5.2 and a half, and Jan-jul I was 134-136, aug-sep 133-135. I’m small build so my good weight should be very low and this extra 25 ( I’ll be happy if I can drop 15) put me in a size 12.
    I too, can’t have any haircut that requires more than 5 min to fix in the morning, and by noon I’m annoyed with it touching my face , so it has to go in a bun/ponytail. Funny thing, I have a long bob for more than 20 years as well.
    Love your Joshua parallel!
    @MommaGemz - I needed your different pants perspective story. I did loose almost 20lb so I should find one thing from then and put it front in the closet as reminder of my progress. And you are correct about the true effort too. I can definitely do 5 days and it should bare a result, thank you.
  • clutterqueen
    @Nadiamayl Are you still checking in? I’ve been missing hearing from you. I’m thinking about you today. Today is my dad’s birthday and it’s been nearly 10 years since he passed. Still having a tough day of it. So I know it’s been tough for you as you recently reached the 1 year of your Dad’s passing. It’s funny how we can plug along okay and suddenly a birthday of a loved one that’s no longer with us can take our breath away! I may just make chocolate cupcakes to commentate the day and since most to work with my husband. I do know that my dad would never want to come back to this Earth and live in his old failing body once he got to experience the joys and wonder of heaven. That gives me so much comfort. I remember reading in Tony Dungy’s book, after he lost his son, him saying something similar. It’s always stayed with me! ( and I am NOT a football fan!!)
  • MommaGemz
    Day 111 (Tuesday)

New Low! 175.6 - 20.6lbs LTD - 10.6 lbs to go!

Since I'm not able to do as much work this week, I've been on a cleaning bender. The house smells like a Lysol factory :D But with all the cleaning it's been a challenge getting the steps in and I leave it until the last minute to walk like crazy to finish it. The kids' are getting adjusted to the new school routine. It's a shorter day, so we're all getting a bit of a break and a little less stressed. I even managed to go to bed early last night to catch up on some sleep. This week is about slow and steady recovery from chronic over-work. However... I finalized everything with the publisher and next week I start working on my book in earnest with a target finish deadline of mid-December. We'll see how that goes 😬

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - ✅
    Water - ✅

@GabiV125 You can tantrum all you want in this thread because it's a vent-friendly zone :smiley: And Happy Anniversary!

@clutterqueen I actually has a bun-less burger tonight and it was so yummy! All the yummy toppings - no bun. I ate it quite of like a salad. Also, you are NOT an ungrateful brat. It's normal to feel frustrated and exhausted when something isn't working out. I believe that the scriptures aren't intended to make anyone feel bad about themselves, but to open up a new perspective, inspire gratitude and appreciation - not to make you feel like a bad person. Appreciation and gratitude for what you do have may reduce the stress you are feeling and let in more patience about waiting for just the right place. <3<3
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 382 Member
    So this weekend we got a ton of sheetrock done in mats basement, and i went to a small work party. Probably overate with the tacos there but it was a good weekend. Holding down the fort at work but found out my other doctor will be back the rest of the week which is a relief.

Today i weighed in at 185... so the last week or two haven't been super nice for scale numbers, but monday and today i was at least within my calorie goals.

I tried overnight oats for the first time today made with nonfat greek yogurt, honey, cinnamon and milk. Not sure about the cold oats but i think its ok flavor wise. Might add some berries at some point. With my appropriate food choices today i was within my goals and even met my protein goals which i think made me feel more full today. Did not hit my steps goal, but I'm letting that slide in favor of trying to get sleep and make better food choices.

Realized this month has been a month of anniversaries of important folks in my life who died. My grandpa, my stepfather, and my uncle just last year. Probably caused a little extra mental exhaustion and difficulty in keeping on track. I am feeling better and more able to do stuff, but still lacking some energy so really making a push for healthier cooking and some sleep.

Speaking of sleep I am out of time to personally tag you guys but despite the minor setbacks (or stalling) and venting we're all still here which means to some degree we're all trying and not giving up. Therefore we are still passing up anyone on the couch not trying. Some of you are just downright steadily achieving daily goals (no small feat!). You guys are encouraging and I appreciate you! A group like this helped me reach 168 before... this time I'm pushing to get 145 to 150...
  • GabiV125
    Unfortunately I got my answer why I was so cranky and short past couple days: unhappy gallbladder. Yesterday was crawling under a rock day, so today I’ll just take it easy and will be excited if I get a boring, uneventful day.
  • Ah, the joys of TOM. Weight jumps overnight by a huge amount, then gradually starts to jump back down. I should be used to this by now, but the blip in my weight graph still annoys me every month!

@kcf394 I tried making overnight oats once with oats, cinnamon and milk, took one tiny mouthful and put it in the bin. People seem to love overnight oats and I'm so disappointed I don't!

I'm sorry it's been a tough time emotionally for you, @clutterqueen and @NadiaMayl - grief is exhausting, no matter how old or recent it is, or how fond the memories you have are. Like you said, the trick is to keep trying to carry on, and to acknowledge how difficult it is. Sometimes it feels like the simple act of admitting you miss someone dear gives you permission to be kind to yourself. I think for many people, it's easier to have compassion for others than it is for themselves - which is probably what leads to the classic strategy of eating feelings. FWIW, it does sound like as a group we are getting much better at not doing that (or at least, not to the same extent we would have done before.)

@MommaGemz I feel like you're chasing me on those scales! Good luck with the writing.

@GabiV125 It's amazing how one particular date can set us off. Logically, we know as long as the trend over time is stable or is going down, it's all good, but we just can't stop ourselves from looking at the weight on one particular date in isolation and getting upset. We've all been there - I hope you're feeling a bit more positive about your progress to date today. Because there is plenty to be positive about!
  • clutterqueen
    Well yesterday I completely blew it, didn’t even finish tracking my food! I’m so glad it’s not alcohol that I have a problem with, since I barely made it 2 months without completely messing up! At least with food, if I mess up I’m not endangering anyone else. Was back at it today though. Wasn’t easy.

@MommaGemz Fantastic news that you are down to the last 10 1/2 pounds! Amazing!! You are quite the inspiration! And especially with your new book writing adventure! Glad to hear the new online schooling will free up some time for your family as well!

@kcd394 I’m glad to see you trying to try some new recipes for healthy eating. Just because the one recipe of overnight oats wasn’t to your liking, don’t give up trying new recipes for other things you might enjoy.

Wow, so you had the anniversary of the passing of THREE loved ones, that’s tough. You are right, it is draining.

@Gabiv125 A wonky gall bladder can definitely wreak havoc. My husband had to have his removed about 15 years ago. No problems since. Just take it easy until you have recovered!

Tomorrow starts a brand new month! Can you believe it?

Under: ✅😊 feels good to be back in control.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 112 (Wednesday)

New Low! 174.7! 21.5lbs LTD - 9.7 lbs to go!

Hurray! I'm experiencing a nice "whoosh"! And another exciting thing today - my new laptop arrived 2 days earlier than expected. I don't have to worry about it arriving late during vacation and I have time to set it up before we go. Yay! All-in-all good day. Today is the last day of the month so I'm trying to be extra good today. I missed my steps though because I was so busy.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - ✅
    Steps - Almost 8.5K/10K
    Water - ✅
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Really stressful day at work - I didn't have time to eat breakfast, but that meant so many extra calories for lunch, which was nice!

My neighbour cajoled me outside for a "quick walk", so got some steps in. I was exhausted beforehand, but decided to go anyway. I actually feel a bit better for the walk and rant in the fresh air. I learnt my lesson after last time and put on some proper walking boots, so my feet don't hurt at all. It's amazing what a difference proper footwear makes.

@MommaGemz Ooh, enjoy all the whooshing! Single digits to go, check you!

@clutterqueen Hope today has been a better day.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 113 (Thursday)

Wow, today was a complete reset day. Normally on the 1st of the month I would be reviewing my progress from September with all these charts and numbers, but I totally wasn't into today. I
    ll probably do it tomorrow. The scale was good to me today, but I woke up exhausted after a really poor night of sleep. I had a low-grade headache all morning. So we ordered Indian take-out (actually pre-planned), I snacked all day, took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon (heavenly) and only got half my steps in.

I did manage to get through home schooling and spent time downloading and installing all the software I needed on my new laptop, so I was a teeny bit productive. But I really needed to eat and I desperately needed that nap.
  • clutterqueen
    @MommaGemz You are killing it! 🎉 So glad to hear the laptop arrived and you’ve got it set up ready to go! And you got to have Indian take out again! Nice!

@thelastnightingale I’m glad you got to take a walk with a friend ( and wore proper footwear this time!). That is so therapeutic, I think!

I drove to visit my daughters today. What should’ve been a 6 1/2 hour drive took 7 1/2 hours due to back up from a terrible accident. Had fast food drive thru lunch and was it ever NOT satisfying. Just a plain grilled chicken sandwich where I switched the bun with a lite bun I brought with me. But I realized I needed to eat it for sustenance and to be able to focus to finish the drive safely; the food did not have to be a great gastronomical experience!

Staying with my daughter. Stressful because she is a SLOB and I am a clean freak, with everything in it’s place. ( yes clutterqueen is because I have no patience for clutter. I’m the queen of getting rid of it!)
    It’s almost FRIDAY! 🎉

Under: ✅ ( way under today)
  • GabiV125
    @MommaGemz - even your slowing down version sounds pretty busy, with school , book and your business. Congrats on your continued scale victories!
    Frankly an afternoon nap sounds really great - too bad I can’t ever do it.
    @kcd394 - yay for trying new recipes, that sounds fun, even if it wasn’t a success, at least you know now. Congrats on the house work, any little thing counts and it will be done before you know it- we are big time fans of DIY projects
    @thelastnightingale - fall is a great season to take long walks, and even better is to go with a friend- an athletic catch up session
    @clutterqueen - daughter visits are great, even if we drive half a day and find nothing good to eat on the way. Feel for you with the cleaning tendencies - sometimes is the age, or the friends, or poor time planning- they learn in their own time, but it’s soooo hard to just watch .
    I was feeling pretty lousy this week and although I am much better now, I still have cotton for brains. Went in the office yesterday and today and slept close to nothing, so I am going to try to catch up on that tonight.
    Take care ladies, and let the weekend begin!