Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited October 2020 in Social Groups
j7ls5e4ab1fv.png

Here is your Team chat room for October 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr and @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hello again, everyone! So weird to be in October already! I feel like this has been both the fastest and slowest year ever.

For those of you who haven't met me yet: Hi, I'm Ashley. I am one of the team captains with the magnificent @1theresamcvean

For those of you who have met me already: Hi, I'm still Ashley, your second favorite current team captain.

Summary of Me: I am 25, living in Ohio, USA. I am a chemical engineer (very much about the science when it comes to my health) working for an industrial combustion firm setting things on fire for money, diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019, and trying to stay both positive and realistic when it comes to getting healthier.

If you want/need/desire more info, I have a blog of my health-venture (health adventure) so far: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/minstrelofsarcasm

If you need a new friend, reach out via message or send me a friend request. I do my best to be a good support for those who are struggling. But we're all human and sometimes we're so absorbed in our own crises that we don't even recognize the hardships of others, so let's all just be kind. :blush:

I am minstrelofsarcasm
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    Last Recorded Weight: 167.6 lbs (October 1st)
    Loss to Date: 66.4 lbs

Intentions for October:
    • Recover from Covid-19 (You can read about that here)
    • Stay hydrated
    • Manage the inflammation in my body, because the Covid fever leads to MS flare-ups and that's no fun
    • Reduce the frequency of my stress-eating
    • Maintain for the month, although I would not be against a loss here and there
    • Forgive myself for when I cannot meet my unrealistic expectations
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    Hope I can give you some encouragement with your October goals too!
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    Today I’m feeling kind of tired and I wish I could shake this feeling. I’ve been up feeding animals and playing with the stray kitten outside. She used to not let anyone near her and with patience we’ve taught her how to let us pet her and play with her. She is a great thing to look forward to everyday.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    edited October 2020
    4qafx99p1aeh.png
    Welcome to October with Team Weight No More!

Hello everyone! I’m Theresa and I live in downtown Toronto, Canada. Together with @minstrelofsarcasm , the smartest young woman on MFP, I'm a co-captain here on TWNM. I'm less young and definitely less smart as I learn from her every month. I'm nice though...most of the time.

About me
    I have two grown children. My daughter Elisabeth lives close by with her partner, Jake, in Toronto. My sone Phil lives in a small town about an hour away with his wife, Katie, and two children. Pippa is 3 years old and Gilbert is almost 17 months.

I have a Havanese dog named Xavy. And his 'girlfriend,' Shelby, is expecting puppies mid-October. No, Xavy's not the dad. He's more of a Joseph to her immaculate...okay, arranged, conception. I think he'll be good in this role. I'm on board as a midwife.

I had a career as an advertising and publishing executive. I ran, cycled, and swam. Then one day, as my daughter says, just like Forrest Gump I stopped. This summer, I did a variety of activities including HIIT over Zoom, cycling on my used Spin bike indoors and on my bicycle outdoors, Pilates in the park, looking after my grandchildren every Friday, and walking Xavy every day.

My weight story
    As a child, I was an average weight, except this one time when my next-door neighbour's grandmother babysat and fed us too much. When my children were small, I was very slim, about 120 lbs, probably from chasing them around. In my forties when I was very busy and fit and was at my ideal weight, a toned 142 lbs. Three years ago, when my granddaughter was born, I saw myself in a photo and didn’t recognize this woman. I did look like a happy nana and I’m sure I was cozy and cushiony to hug, but I want to live to be a very old lady, hopefully over 100, and remain fit and active. Plus, even if I didn't want to live that long, women on both sides of my family have lived to be almost 100 for years.

I started to get serious about weight loss in January 2018. I weighed 177.4 lbs with a goal of a toned 142 lbs. It's been a slow process. I began by losing almost 30 pounds in the first year and plateaued for about a year. My mother was very frail and in need of support. Curiously, Covid has allowed my sister and me more time to focus on ourselves. So, I've been building muscle and breaking through my plateau.

The present
    For the past year, I've been working towards launching a start-up with a friend from my business days. It’s an online service where people can hire professional genealogists by the minute to get past brick walls with their family trees. We're working with test clients now if any of you are working on your family tree and have a brick wall, let me know and I'll comp you a session. Covid has slowed this down and I struggled to keep the momentum over the summer. September was an improvement.

My October goals
    • Work out 5 days a week as follows:
    • 2 X weight training
    • 1 X HIIT
    • 2 X Cardio, e.g. Spin, outdoor cycle, fun runs
    • Inch closer toward my goal of 142 lbs and toned*.

*I got to 145 lb in September. I think I'll choose a low of 137 and a high of 147 and declare victory when I'm at 137 so that I can swing between a pretty wide goal range. But I'm still pondering that.

My words for 2020, and this is a reminder to myself, are Balance and Listen.

Please share your September goals and re-introduce yourself to the team. This will help @Cuddleme72 @kiane50 @koss33 @kittengirl88 @mxlaw90 and @Queenieamy get to know you more quickly. Plus it’s always nice to reacquaint amongst ourselves. Everyone loves personal stories. If you’re comfortable sharing your first name, please do.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    And there are 2 more new members for Team Weight No More!

@kos33 and @Cuddleme72 are on their way soon. The teams are getting full - this will be an exciting October!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Welcome @kos33 @Cuddleme72

Look for a friend request from me, co-captain here at team Weight No More. :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited October 2020
    gbdrd9x6cxfz.jpg
    We've Got a Fox in the Henhouse!

And he's our official team motivator, Bob @KUMEcyclingteam

If you've hit a slump, he's sure to put a smile on your face and you'll be back in good spirits in no time.

I'd also like to introduce you to some other great people on the team:

Casey @GingerPwr is our team motivator who's on a sabbatical. She's a high school teacher on the frontlines in North Carolina.

Debbie @debbiewsharpe and Ann @annliz23 are our unofficial motivators and the word unofficial doesn't really apply. They are inspirational.

Lisa @Cafelelia and Pam @sleepymom5 are our recent past captains, or as I like to say, our captains emeriti.

We had a wonderful September because every member of the team, new and seasoned, supported one another and I can feel a fantastic October coming along.
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Hello everyone my name is Melz I’m 25 and I’m a line locator for the oilfield up in North Dakota. I mark out lines before people dig so they can find them and not hit them. I flag pipelines and well sites whenever someone needs to dig. Either building locations or putting in pipelines. I love what I do. Some days I’m walking 9 miles through fields and hills other days I’m driving 300 and every day is a different adventure. I’m originally from Wyoming the least populated state in the U.S. My Fiance and I moved up here to follow the oilfield two years ago and luckily we have both kept our jobs through the bust.

I’ve always been a bit on the heavier side I was losing weight consistently before we moved but with the new stress of moving and eating too much out of gas stations, I regained all that I had lost plus a little bit. I was getting ready to restart my journey when my boyfriend of four years proposed in July and that has kick-started my weight loss. I’m an active person and because of my job I can walk forever but I make excuses for my bad eating habits and it’s time for a change. I’m so happy with my progress, so far I’ve lost 18.2 pounds.

I spend my free time on jet skis or snowmobiles, hunting camping hiking, and anything outdoors. It’s time to start working on the snowmobiles so they are up and running by the time the snow gets here. We will probably be spending a few weekends this month getting them ready.

October Goals
    Work Out 3x per week Strength training
    Yoga 1x Per Week
    Post to the chat 3x per Week
    Participate int he Weekly challenges.

Here’s to a great month every one :)
  • 1theresamcvean
    I thought of Bob @KUMEcyclingteam but with a Scottish accent when I saw this. I thought of the rest of you too because you love a good pet rescue story. https://www.facebook.com/1660569714024008/posts/2149206438493664/?vh=e&extid=0
  • Cuddleme72
    Cuddleme72 Posts: 19 Member
    Cuddleme72
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    CW: 306
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    Debbie Sharpe
    Weight-127 (my magic number)
    Sunday – 16,150
    Monday – 24,005
    Tuesday – 11,116
    Wednesday – 21,040
    Thursday – 14,395
    Friday – 16,551
    Saturday – 20,556
    total -123,813

I am thankful for copy and paste. I just posted this on the September page then saw the link for October, oh well seems like this week I have been "the cat's tail."

I will try to keep up in October. Very happy to continue with y'all.
    I had two days of long meetings then a lot of computer work to do after the meetings. I have been reading and have seen lots of progress. Well, I did it yesterday! I baked a chocolate pie from my mama's recipe book. Oh, it reminded me so much of my dear mama, I will always cherish those memories and I definitely inherited her love of baking. NOT cooking, but baking! I did manage to stop with one piece, yes it was a good size piece. I guess I should use my southern words and call it what it actually was, a SLAB of pie. Larry and I will probably finish it off today.

We were just thinking of going out to dinner this weekend, until I saw the news that our president and many senators have Covid. They have the best security, medical care and testing every day. Our local elementary school also had to close because a kindergarten child tested positive. It doesn't seem like there is an end in sight. We will continue to cook and stay at home. He is not a cook but is very helpful with the grill and the clean up.

I did manage to do well with my walking this week and I think pretty good with my little bit of strength training. I only use 3 pound weights due to neck and back issues but maybe one day I will increase it.

Today is world communion day so if you take communion today, I am there with you. Y'all have a great day today, stay safe, pamper yourself, and KEEP ON KEEPING ON................
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/03 steps 5407
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

qt1tmj11svh5.png
  • 1theresamcvean
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 202.4
    Current weight: 204

Wow, I HAVE to get this turned around! Thankfully, @minstrelofsarcasm has been talking to me and is going try and help me get back on track! I'm so grateful for my new friendship with her and hope she feels the same. 🙃 I hope I can prove to myself, her and you guys that I can get back on track and have a loss next week! I'm going to remain on the sideline again for this month and see what I can pull off before rejoining you guys! 😊🥰

Hey Cassie, You are going to do great!
This discussion has been closed.