Trimstones - October 2020 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited October 2020 in Social Groups
j7ls5e4ab1fv.png

Here is your Team chat room for October 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr and @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    edited October 2020
    3ndxyuahuk0f.jpg

WELCOME TO ALL OUR NEWBIES and SEASONED MEMBERS alike!!! I hope October ushers in much more than everything pumpkin for the month!! Hope you see more things accomplished, goals met, challenges won, activity increased and pound lost! Tall order huh?! One step at a time!

New to us this month are:
    @pizzafruit (welcome back returning member)
    @caratach (welcome back returning member)
    @beccaliske3300

I'm Jessica, one of two captains and @mulecanter and I are here to help support you throughout your journey. Please let us know what we can do to assist you this month! If you're a walking fanatic and track your steps with a Fitbit, Apple Watch or some other tracker, please sign up for our Step Team. All you need to do is send in a note asking to join the Step team and include your daily step goal for the chart. The Step Chart is found on the same spreadsheet where we track the weigh-ins each week...just scroll beneath that chart and you'll see our step chart. If you have questions, let me know.

Finally, take a few minutes to introduce yourself. Please remember you'll only get out of this group, what you yourself contribute...so be active and send in tips, ask questions, start a topic of conversation...what you post, might be JUST what someone else needs to see!

Good luck this month!
    Take care,
    Jessica :smile:
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    I'll be cutting my step goal down to 10000 this month. I'm concentrating on strength training this month
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Greetings Trimstones! You have 2 more new members! The sign-ups are still ongoing, so please welcome @cnb124 and @Nancymcgregor - enjoy October!
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    :) :Waves: Hi all
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 197.8
    CW: 197.6
    So maybe chips and ice cream cake and Smores weren't the best choices last night, but delicious! Happy Birthday to Me.
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    edited October 2020
    Steps
    10/1 = 4,579
    10/2 = 6,538
    10/3 = 11,972
    Goal: 8,600
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim
    Sunday
    PW: 212.9
    CW: 211.4
    LTD: 103.6
  • Caratach
    Caratach Posts: 46 Member
    Week One
    Sunday
    PW:189
    CW: 190.5

Hmm, I'm hoping that was just too much salty food yesterday as it was a one day jump in weight.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Sunday

Week 1

PW:271.2

CW:274.4

Physical therapy has been completed and I've been cleared to walk short distances and ride my recumbent bike for 10 minutes working my way up to 30. Here's hoping the fluid in my leg clears out for good and I can return to getting healthy.
  • jessicakrall8
    @izzyred9400 I need your steps for 9/30 please.

All other steppers, I need you to check the chart and then post and fill in the white spaces for the last week of Sept, including Oct 1-3. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Jax_Grim
    10/3 steps - 12880
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

qt1tmj11svh5.png
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    @izzyred9400 I need your steps for 9/30 please.

All other steppers, I need you to check the chart and then post and fill in the white spaces for the last week of Sept, including Oct 1-3. Thanks!
    Jessica

Hi jessica,
    Sorry I missed that date out,it was nil for then.I was away on holiday & mainly lying on the beach !! Please could I keep my challenge for October at 12000.
    Thanks.
  • izzyred9400
    schlerin wrote: »
    Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 197.8
    CW: 197.6
    So maybe chips and ice cream cake and Smores weren't the best choices last night, but delicious! Happy Birthday to Me.

Happy Birthday,what are Smores ??
  • izzyred9400
    Welcome to all new members,hope you enjoy the group 🙂
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Jen_967
    Sunday weigh-in
    PW: 212.2
    CW: 215.6
    LTD: -50.4 lbs

UH oh! wrong direction! It's been a stressful week. I've been constantly,

I moved here to NC from NY about 6 years ago. About 4 years ago My oldest son that still lives in NY split from his ex. Since then he has my grandson for 4 days a week. plus when he gets out of work, he brings him over to his house. He called a few days ago and said that his ex has decided to move with their son to California. She has decided to home school him. because she wants to travel. Needless to say my son is devasted. I told him he needs to file for some kind of custody order before she plans on leaving or its going to be kinda hard dooing something once she leaves.

My step goal for this is 7,000 steps for October. I'm trying to work myself back up after surgery.
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I will like to step down on the steps challenge for this month. I want to concentrate more on other exercises- strengths training and the like.
    Also, can I move my weigh ins to SUNDAY pls
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    I do want to sign up for step challenge this month too. Want to make 10k a target. Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    @jessicakrall8 I will like to step down on the steps challenge for this month. I want to concentrate more on other exercises- strengths training and the like.
    Also, can I move my weigh ins to SUNDAY pls

@veryhotmails I have put in a request with the mods to move your weigh in day to Sunday...please post your weight today as today is the first day for this month. I'll record it as soon as they move you. Sorry to lose you for the steps challenge..remember if you're doing biking, recumbent bike, rowing, step aerobics, running or a stair machine, those will register steps as well. Otherwise, we'll see you for stepping another month! Good luck! It's always nice to have a change of pace.
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.