What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    85 minutes of moderately easy work. 20 minutes on the rower, 27 on the LateralX and rest on the AD Pro. Around 1000 calories burned. It's also pushup day -- 100 pushups. Might break out the Total Gym when the Bengals replay is on this afternoon (I'm too cheap to pay for it live, so I get the replays).
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    2+ hours of yard work...
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Yesterday, I did a 6 mile walk, followed by hangboarding, followed by upper body lifts.

Today, I did an hour of yoga, and then a 10 mile walk with lots of hills in driving rain.

I fancy a climb, but it has been too damp to use my garden wall recently. I am avoiding gyms until the current Covid spike is smaller.

8eo5jabgbv6t.jpg
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited October 2020
    • Morning session of Team Body Project's "Low Impact Intervals 2"
    • 2-mile outdoor "cool-down" walk
    • Afternoon, as my frittata meal baked in the oven,
      another 2-mile walk around the neighborhood
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Alternating battle rope waves 30sec
    5 tire deadlifts
    Tire farmer carry
    5 tire deadlifts
    Tire farmer carry
    Slam ball x10
    6 rounds
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Just the catch-up dumbbell stuff.
  • Heavy pack march up hills. Carry about 35kgs.
    Great for the quads and calves! Huffing and puffing and sweating alot!
  • lukeryanoneplus
    lukeryanoneplus Posts: 10 Member
    1hr rolling hills on the cycling machine :)
  • Kiefer_1
    Kiefer_1 Posts: 21 Member
    First leg day in over a week. My legs = ☠️
  • AnnPT77
    Around 8K, again rowing bow in the double. Garmin says 8364m, but once again (sigh) I forgot to turn it off until after we finished carrying boats back up to the boathouse.

We were out with the single again, so keeping him comfortably close for safety. When we got a bit further ahead than ideal, we did some things that added meters without adding much lead time-wise, like row up through a bridge only to spin immediately after, to give me a little bridge-steering practice, and looping downstream a bit at the start while he launched, before starting our normal upstream course.

As a consequence of some of that, we were approaching a stretch where I prefer to be cleanly single file, with him pretty close behind, so we laid on a short power piece to pull further ahead, which went very well given how little practice we've had doing that this season. (It's easy to get frantic when powering up, and rush the slide, or lose some technique, but it was pretty smooth. Nice.)

Such a beautiful day, too: Sunny, 40s F, flat water, isolated trees turning bright red and yellow against a backdrop of most still fully-leaved and green (looks like flowers in a bouquet). It was pretty awesome.

Then my car broke down, and had to be flatbedded to the repair shop, but that's a different story. 🤣
  • MikePfirrman
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Around 8K, again rowing bow in the double. Garmin says 8364m, but once again (sigh) I forgot to turn it off until after we finished carrying boats back up to the boathouse.

We were out with the single again, so keeping him comfortably close for safety. When we got a bit further ahead than ideal, we did some things that added meters without adding much lead time-wise, like row up through a bridge only to spin immediately after, to give me a little bridge-steering practice, and looping downstream a bit at the start while he launched, before starting our normal upstream course.

As a consequence of some of that, we were approaching a stretch where I prefer to be cleanly single file, with him pretty close behind, so we laid on a short power piece to pull further ahead, which went very well given how little practice we've had doing that this season. (It's easy to get frantic when powering up, and rush the slide, or lose some technique, but it was pretty smooth. Nice.)

Such a beautiful day, too: Sunny, 40s F, flat water, isolated trees turning bright red and yellow against a backdrop of most still fully-leaved and green (looks like flowers in a bouquet). It was pretty awesome.

Then my car broke down, and had to be flatbedded to the repair shop, but that's a different story. 🤣

Sounded incredible until the last sentence! Hope the car is better!

Easy 55 minutes again today of just indoor work. Well, Tucson has shattered the heat record of like 95 100 degree days. I think we're up to 102 or 103 of them for the year now. Still too hot to row. Finally, will get below 100 by mid week. Still too hot to row at lunch. I might have to wait another 2 or 3 weeks.

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    I've been down and out for a bit. Had some oral surgery and have had trouble eating a decent amount of food so took off 4-5 days. Back at it this morning:

2 1/2 mile run (30 minutes)
    30 chin-ups
    40 shoulder tap push-ups
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Bench
    130@5
    150@5
    170@13
    Close grip bench 3x15
    OHP 3x5-8
    Plate loaded fly 3x15
    Face pull 4x12
    Overhead rope tricep extension 3x15
    Grip work
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Six mile run today!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    4 mile walk, followed by playing with kettle bells. I did 3 sets of 5 goblet squats with 32 kgs; then 200 swings (double handed) with a 24 kgs.
  • MikePfirrman
    Hard, short intervals. 16 of them. 10 on the LateralX and 6 on the AD Pro -- 60 seconds slow, 60 seconds moderate, 60 all out. HR started around 80% max on the first few and by the end it was around 93% max -- 800 calories in 50 minutes.

100 pushups and shoulder lateral raises tonight. Did back rehab as well.
  • AnnPT77
    It's Tuesday, so it must be 43 minutes with the dumbbells. Also some random side leg raises, donkey kicks, resistance band Pallof presses, and ab wheel rollouts (from knees) as incidental exercise, mostly while doing other things at the same time.

Beautiful weather, so my "cardio" was an easy steady-state walk to pick up my car from the repair shop, just a hair under 4 miles at an average moving speed of 3.6mph.

I'm not a regular walker, because my knees are cr*p and don't like impact. Still, I was amused when my Garmin's "insight" was "You are moving more than a typical Tuesday." No kidding. 🤣 For more amusement, mostly from the walk, it thinks I climbed up 71 flights of stairs and down 56. 🤣🤣🤣 I should probably be equally amused by this, also based on the walk, which is a small incremental upgrade in its estimates, just in time for my 65th birthday in the middle of next month:

in94vot5peqs.png
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    I just ran a mile around the house in the dark, as fast I could go because the grizzlies are out there roaming around. I seldom do that but the weather was too nice to stay cooped up. I think I released some endorphins but I would cr@p my pants if I ran into one of them. :p:p
  • stef237
    stef237 Posts: 30 Member
    I did a YouTube 5,000 step workout :)
    https://youtu.be/Srpc_2Mpc9M