The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    Happy Sunday all - 38 this morning and rainy - feels like a curl up in a blanket and drink hot tea kind of day.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hey there, all you crazy people! Haven't checked into this thread for several days. Good to see y'all are still rockin' and rollin'!

It's good to be busy, but this is ridiculous! Working the weekend, too. Did get a hike with the dog yesterday and I will take her out later today, too. Have an awesome week!
  • Hi everyone. I'll be 42 early next year, I've been in this site 8 years ago but I stopped after sometime and now I just recently came back here. The cliche "life begins at 40" rings true to me.

Feel free to add me.
  • brianmaples1979
    brianmaples1979 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi guys I’m Brian! I’m 41 and starting this fitness ride again!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    Had a nice day on the river with some people who like to PADDLE not float. We covered 20 miles in just under four hours, and 48 minutes of that time was a lunch stop.

My boat is pretty fast, and some of this group is, well let's just say they are older than middle aged. I still struggled to keep up much of the time. I give myself slack, though. One boat was a tandem. Two engines! Another was a Clipper Sea-1. That's almost 18' long semi-decked canoe that the paddler had built specifically for him to run the Yukon race. He's entered nine times and finished six. Holy cats. The other fellow has been racing canoes for 50 years. So it's not like I am slow. Just ~relatively~ slow.

Nice day. I just wish the sun had come out sooner than 25 minutes after we got off the water. Oh well.
  • brianmaples1979
    Cardio completed this morning!!
  • coffee_n_weights
    @brianmaples1979 - nice job!🙌
  • coffee_n_weights
    Good morning all - happy Monday!
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Monday
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Good morning ☕️☕️☕️
  • coffee_n_weights
    Good morning ☕️☕️☕️

- close to lunch time here but I could use another one of those
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Good morning ☕️☕️☕️

- close to lunch time here but I could use another one of those

Same. It’s almost noon and I’m fixing to make myself another 😍
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Good evening, so glad this day is over LOL
  • calichick1978
    calichick1978 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi all!
    Great start to the week so far
    I'm recovering from gallbladder surgery ( I've already lost 52 pounds so the huge surge sent my gallbladder into overdrive and it quit on me)
    I'm finally able to start moving more. Going for a walk after dinner (it's been close to 100* every day for over a week)
    I'm looking forward to finally moving toward the end goal (another 35ish pounds) and taking advantage of being able to have an ACTIVE healthy life! Happy Monday
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Happy Monday everyone!
    @calichick1978 I hope you feel better! Recovering from gall bladder surgery is no fun! The upside will be no more gall bladder pain!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Happy Monday everyone!
    @calichick1978 I hope you feel better! Recovering from gall bladder surgery is no fun! The upside will be no more gall bladder pain!

I feel your pain. Almost had surgery for that about 20 years ago, but tried a nstural remedy instead. Olive oil and lemon juice to pass the gall stones out, the Blackroot tablets as a herbal treatment for restoration.

Didn't really believe in it, but there's a big difference between $100.00 and maybe $10,000.00 at that time.
  • calichick1978
    Thankful I have really good insurance. Had already reached my OOP so it didnt cost me a thing.
  • calichick1978
    Happy Monday everyone!

Thank you!
    Just got back from a good walk. Feeling better every day
  • brianmaples1979
    Good morning guys, 4a cardio on elliptical completed!