NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    edited October 2020
    @mswatson0777 Yeah, I'm nervous about the nerve burning. :( I hope you have a wonderful 3 day weekend. Any plans?

@TeresaW1020 I don't know how they do it. I'm going to ask at my next appointment. I'm not doing well with getting 7 1/2 hours of sleep, I'm averaging 6 hrs 17 mins this week (last week it was 7 hrs 6 mins). Water, I'm about 50/50 on that. As for my goal of putting my utensil down between bites and those mini-goals, I am doing really well. For the most part, I've been doing them. I usually don't do it at breakfast. For some reason, I forget. Thanks for asking! How are yours going? I hope the root canal goes ok and it isn't too painful. I'm glad the walk and yoga helped with your headache.

@theslightedgeforever I don't know. It could be, I'm probably about your age, I'm now 52? I just found her judgy and annoying. Sorry to those that like her. I hear you about those medications, I'll definitely look into anything before I take it. I got 50% yesterday. 50% is a good goal to start off. Yes, today is OCTOBER 1ST! TIME TO UPDATE YOUR GOALS IF YOU ARE GOING TO! ;)

Hello everyone. I've been doing really well with meditating: I've meditated every morning since last Saturday. I am going to mix things up and instead of listing goals by monthly, I am going to list them by weekly as I may want to tweak them slightly by the week. See below. Today I am getting the shingles vaccine. I hope it doesn't make me feel sick.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Sept 27-Oct 3:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Morning all. Thanks for all the comments. Weight has dropped back down and then down another 0.4. Not much but I will take it. It was just very discouraging. Not sure what was up with my body. Today’s plan is a jog and some weights. Have a busy few days ahead. Tmj has flared up so went for acupuncture and will be going for another treatment and a massage at the end of the month. Will try to get caught up on board. Happy October all.
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I totally get the food hangover feeling. I've definitely done that to myself more times than I can count (seriously, when will I learn?!). I hope you enjoy some time on your porch today

@theslightedgeforever Happy October! Let us know what goals you come up with

@trooworld I get to go up and see my middle school bestie tonight, so I'm really excited! I'm even leaving work early today so we have more time together. Way to go on meditating! I hope the shingles vaccine goes well, you're so smart to get it.

@renaegry Congrats on the loss! Any loss is a great loss!

I am seriously SO EXCITED to leave early today AND to have a three day weekend. I need a break SO BAD. Our friends invited us out last minute last night and I turned them down and literally sat on the couch like a zombie until I went to bed. I was so burned out that was all I had energy for! Luckily I *think* work is going to calm down slightly after next week, or at least I hope it does. I still have lots of projects to do but I should be able to get through it with energy left at the end of the day.

I'm starting the Last 90 Days Challenge to end the year on a high note. The daily goals for the challenge are to:
    1) Wake up an hour early (I already do this!)
    2) Hydrate (I could get better at this at work so I'm going to increase my intake at my desk)
    3) Move Every Day (Stretching/walks count- I need to start doing more stretching on my off days so that's my goal)
    4) Fuel (This is my BIG one. I want to be more intentional this holiday season about what I put into my body and how I feel. I'm throwing out all processed foods and focusing on the real stuff)
    5) Gratitude (write 5 things daily you're thankful for)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all. I have been lost in my own life and I am hoping to be here full time now. I quit my job and no longer work there. I turned in all the equipment yesterday. Just waiting on my last check from them. I feel as if a burden has been lifted. I hope it was the best choice. I looked back at my work life and this is the only job I quit on my terms. Most of my other jobs, well except maybe McDonalds, my very 1st job in 1974..LOL. All of my other jobs, my 30 year job, I was let go, the next job after that, the church was dissolved, the next one, I broke my wrist while working and again was let go, this one I made the choice. There is something to be said we we make our own choices vs.life or others making them for us. I did my 30 min treadmill today, I have been walking baby girl twice a day this past week. So it felt good to get on the TM. You know there is no way I can catch up on all the personals today. I can't believe October is here, but I am ready to start.....

@trooworld I am not sure of everything going on in your world, but I do love the way you itemized all the goals and how you are doing on them.

@TeresaW1020 as I was trying to get to where all the post were today..I saw this picture. OH MY, I can't believe you put that puzzle together. What an accomplishment!! It's beautiful. What are you going to do with that?

@mswatson0777 My heart goes out to you. I do know burn out and it really is no fun. You can't seem to get ahead of the game. I used to dream (no lie) at least once a month this recurring dream. that I was in a bowl of jello and I was trying to get the jello back in the bowl..I would get one side in and the other side would fall out..I would RUN over to that side put it in and the other side would fall out..boy would I wake up tired. LOL. I hope for your sake works slows down enough for you to get rested.

@theslightedgeforever I just wanted to say hi. :)

Sorry if I missed others, I will try to be consistent....for Oct. LOL

Cbabie

• trooworld
    edited October 2020
    @renaegry That's great news that your weight has dropped back down! Congrats.

@mswatson0777 Oh that is wonderful! I hope the break gives you the rejuvenation you need. <3 I'm taking off next Thursday and Friday and am looking forward to it myself! So far, I don't feel sick, fingers crossed I stay that way! You have great goals, good luck!

@cbabie I'm glad that quitting your job was a relief, I know you didn't like that job and it was pulling you down. Congrats! Here's to a healthier life without it. Not too much new for me besides I started meditating: my husband got me a meditation cushion for my birthday last Saturday so I thought I should use his present. ;) Besides, I wanted to start meditating again. It feels good and calms me.

Hi all. Well I got my shingles shot and don't feel sick (so far). For that, I'm thankful. I added a new daily goal: meditation.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Sept 27-Oct 3:
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks for the info! Well….I’ve been out of Onderland for the past two weeks so my first goal is to get back. I’m sitting an ambitious goal to be in the 180s by January 1st. Which means I will have to really watch it during the holidays. ;)

@trooworld I haven’t been doing as well with my goals as you have been. I think you are doing better because you are talking and thinking about them, which means you are more likely to do them. I just made a sticky that says, “slow down, put the fork down, drink water.” I’m putting it at the top of my placemat. :grin: Good job on sticking with your meditating! I’ve been slacking so bad with my Bible study time. Hopefully today! :)

@renaegry I hope you feel better soon! A loss is a loss so yayyyy!! B)

@mswatson0777 What are your weekend plans? Lots of rest I hope! You have very good goals and I’m sure you will crush them in these last 90 days. <3

@cbabie I am glad you quit your job and on your own terms! Are you planning to get another job soon or will you take some needed time for yourself? Yeah, that puzzle was a beast but so much fun! I enjoyed it for a whole day and then it was ripped apart and put back into its box to be added to my collection that I will do again someday. :grin:

Good morning! Yesterday after work DH and I went out to Lowes and Home Depot and bought some new containers for our porch. One of the pots is huge and we got a Japanese Sky Pencil Holly for it. We also bought a cute little spruce that I will get to dress up for Christmas. I really hope that these two perennials will survive in the containers for at least two or three years. We still need to wait for the weather to drop and for a shipment of Violas and other flowers that I want to come into the nurseries. Then I will take pics! :grin: In weight-related news, I managed to lose a little this week and for the month I’m down 3.2 lbs which is really good for me! Like I told theslightedge I want to get in the 180s by the first of the year. That is a big goal so I will have to really watch my goals…and what I put in my mouth! :D
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I am not getting on my TM today and I am okay with it. I know that baby girl will "make" me go for a walk today. We have the routine of stroller first, then a ride in what looks like a car with the top off and a big handle for me to push with. LOL I tried one time just doing one or the other...a no go with her. I am trying to take more control of my life. I am doing a study in Hebrews on Wed mornings. It is showing me sometimes I am just a complainer and I don't recognize all the good in my life. So one day at at time right now.looking at goals I had set for me a long time ago. Health has always been in the forefront of my life, but sometimes (more than not) I let life overshadow that.

@TeresaW1020 I laughed when I read someday..me and my grandson always talked about someday life would be different on the way to school. Now he is married and making his own somedays! Congrats on the loss for the month! Great job. No I don't "plan" on going back to work. I am trying to listen to what God has been calling me to do and it's not going back to work..LOL. I need to be home in this season of my life.

@trooworld LOL glad you thought you should use your Birthday present. I am glad you are not showing signs of being sick. My grandson got the flu shot...I guess its mandatory in Alaska. I think I would have to pay a fine..LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @trooworld. I got 25% today. 100% yesterday though. Meditation sounds good. A good way to start the day

@renaegry. I'm glad to hear your scale is moving downward. I know not at the speed you want but keep the momentum going. think of it like a snowball rolling down the hill.

@mswatson0777 Your goals sound doable. Enjoy your 3 day weekend.

@cbabie. I hope this will be a new beginning for you. Yaaay that you are out walking and getting some fresh air. Remember Mom's sign on her refrigerator. Always believe in someday.

@teresaw1020. Ambitious goals are good. It makes us stretch. Now having said that is it doable for you with the holidays? Christmas and Thanksgiving are really only 2 days but we treat it like 2 months of eating. 3.2 lbs is a good weight loss that you can do consistently and it will add up. I was averaging about 0.8 lbs a week when I lost all that weight last year. I really wanted that 1 lb per week but over the weeks, it really added up to 23 lbs. And here we are in 2020. October. UGH. I still have 3 months left.

That's it for me for now.

Yellow Day. Went over. 235/164. Intentional movement Rest Day

October goals: Green Dot day. :( Drink 6 glasses of water. :| Burn 275 cals via movement. ***. Preplan day :(
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Making a sticky is a good idea, that's what I've been doing, too. I hope you find time for your Bible study today! <3 Your porch sounds like it is coming along nicely. Congrats on the loss!!!

@cbabie That sounds like good exercise to me! I think we are all complainers at one point or another. :D You don't like shots? :P

@theslightedgeforever I got 50% yesterday. Yes, meditation is a great way to start the day.

Hello all. I'm not feeling very well: I've got a stuffed up nose and feel blah and last night, I had some ice cream and I couldn't taste it. I don't know if it is a) allergies b) the shingles shot or c) COVID. I'm going to take a COVID test if I don't feel better by Monday. In other news, I weighed in and basically stayed the same which is okay because I have been gaining lately.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Sept 27-Oct 3:
  • mswatson0777
    @cbabie I am so excited for you that you left that job and are starting a new chapter. That job has been so stressful and has been wearing on you for so long. Good for you for taking control and stepping away!

@trooworld Oh no! I'm so sorry you don't feel well and that it's lack of taste. Please keep us posted on how you're doing

@theslightedgeforever Sounds like you had a rough goals day yesterday, I hope today goes better for you!

@TeresaW1020 Way to go on the loss! You are killing it lately! My weekend plans are mostly lying around lol. I need the mental break.

Happy Weekend all! My weekend has been off to a fabulous start with lots of time with friends. I've also stuck within my calorie goals and gotten movement in, so so far so good! Tonight my SO is taking me to a fancy 6 course dinner with wine pairings (outdoors in an open air tent with 6ft distancing tables). I'll definitely be going over calories but I don't even care I'm so excited. I'm just going to enjoy the experience and listen to my hunger cues. And I'm getting a good workout in beforehand to prep :)
  • cbabie
    Morning all, Idid keep movement in yesterday..as I knew she would, baby girl had we walk twice yesterday. It's fun for her, I get to move and get out of the house without a mask..win win. LOL. I haven't gotten on the scales yet. Not sure I will this week. I am working on so many other things on ME..I don't want a distraction. Focus on one thing...exercise and tryin to keep the stress away. LOL

@mswatson0777 You know it's okay when you know you are going over calories, it's when we mindless binge...thats when we have to stop and take a look at why. Great job on enjoying your weekend!

@trooworld I hope you feel better, yes please keep us posted. Praying its just allergies. No it's not shots, I don't like them , but would do that over anything taken orally if it tasted bad. I just have always felt the flu shot gave you the flu, so why take it. LOL. (my opinion only). My dad faithfully took his. My DH got one a couple of years ago and was so sick..he swears he will never do it again. LOL. It effects everyone different. :)

@theslightedgeforever Made me smile about the someday message.. You can do a lot in 3 months or you can do a little or nothing. At least you have 3 months and you know it..LOL remember mom always say forewarned is forearmed. LOL

cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all--another rainy day here today. Too bad we are getting all the rain now that the gardens are done, lol. We wore masks & went to gs football game this morning. (It was only slightly raining then, lol). We are going to go "hang out" with gs & gd tonight while their parents go to a wedding reception. (Its an outside one, not a great day for it) Can't really say we are babysitting..they are 13 & 11.

@trooworld Hope you feel better & sure hope it isn't Covid. The no taste part is scary. Allergies are pretty bad right now, tho, too. Dh got his shingles shot yesterday, so far only a very sore arm. I really need to go get mine, too.

@cbabie Glad you have decided to take care of yourself now. That job did sound like it was very stressful. Good job on the walks with the baby. I should be walking outside instead of TM because won't be long & it will be cold outside & then I will wimp out. We got our flu shots in Sept. They don't usually bother me, other than a sore arm. This year my arm didn't hurt, hope they gave me the right thing! Lol. Dd got hers at school again & she thinks she had a reaction for the first time..kinda feverish for the night, but better the next day.

@mswatson0777 Hope you have fun at your dinner out. Enjoy your weekend.

@theslightedgeforever I agree with going slow on the weight loss. It seems like I can keep it off easier that way. Glad you are doing better with the water. Did your ds get all moved & settled?

@TeresaW1020 Good job losing over 3#! Your screened porch sounds like it is really coming along. Are the violas the flowers they plant down there in the winter? I was always amazed to visit dd in Alpharetta & there were flowers blooming all "winter". Doesn't seem right..when we have snow, lol. I think some of them were pansies.

Wow, the infection circle around the President just keeps growing! Hopefully, more people will willingly wear masks, now.

Well, not much more for news. I have been doing well on getting steps in most days. I think my average for Sept was about 10,500/day. Trying to eat more fruit & vegetables & less candy. (Dh made peanut brittle again!!) Still have my calories set to maintain, but try to leave some calories each day, so am still in a slight deficit. So weight loss might be happening, but it will be super slow! Dh might be trying to "behave" better, tho, because he had his checkup & they said his blood sugar & the bad cholesterol were both up a little. That should help me, too, lol.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @RetiredandLovingit I’m sure if your husband tries to watch what he’s eating as well that should help you too. Hope you enjoyed your time with the grandkids! I hear you on trying to enjoy the nice weather while it’s here. I’m trying to do that too.

@cbabie walking is good exercise, glad you’ve been getting out. I’ve been trying to get in at least one walk a day.

@mswatson0777 that dinner sounds great! You work so hard, you deserve it.

@trooworld- oh no, I’m sorry you’re feeling sick. I hope you get better soon, whatever it is…..I have meditated off and on and it is hard to do but really helpful.

@theslightedgeforever well one bad day, just forget about it and move forward with the next!

@TeresaW1020 the plants you got sound nice. I have some plants but I’m always worried about them. I’m a natural born worrier. Congrats on the weight loss!

I wish I could get in here more often, but I never seem to find the time. I’m okay- this week I met my goal almost of intentional movement (11.5 hours, I did 11.2). This was a mix of biking, walking, and some time at the gym. My gym is almost empty all the time now, so it’s kind of creepy and kind of nice lol.

Today I tried the elliptical for 30 mins which I don’t normally do.

My calories- I think were good 5 days out of 7, but not sure what my weight is. Will have to see tomorrow.
    I’ve just been working, and also I had a bunch of puzzles to give away, so this week I found some homes for them and delivered them. Of course I have a new bunch to do :D

Next weekend is Thanksgiving here, and I’ll be alone so it will kind of be a difficult weekend for me, so I’ll need to make some plans. Fortunately there are baseball playoffs so that may take up some time.

I will get the flu shot as soon as it’s available here. I don’t normally, but someone said to me- do you want to take a chance on getting flu and covid at the same time? So I will get the shot. Cases are rising here again. Vaccines don’t bother me, here’s my arm doc tell me when you’re done lol.

Take care all.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 25% today. Well, hopefully it's not COVID. I hope you get better soon. Sounds like you are turning your ship around. Good for you.

@mswatson0777. Rough goals: My first thought was Eh, you win some you lose some. That's not a good attitude. I did better today. Sounds like you are hitting your goals. Woohoo. How was the fancy dinner. I've been to one of them and because I'm a slow eater I'm not done yet with one course and I felt rushed or I was full before they got through all the courses. But it was fun and an experience.

@cbabie. That's good that you are keeping focused on movement right now. Once that's a habit you can move on. I've been getting flu shots the past three years or so. I kept getting sick each winter all of a sudden.

@retiredandlovingit. Your steps look good and now you have some good food goals. It's easier when both of you try and eat better. Enjoy the grandkids. Ds is settled. I was trying to get him registered to vote and he turned it in but he doesn't appear in the county page. GRRRRRR. Hopefully they are just behind. I don't know why they make it so hard for people to vote. Well, I do know but..... He's just trying to get all his car stuff transferred and license. He starts work on the 12th. They asked if he could start early and he said no. I need time to get all this done. I'm the kind of person who would have said yes and then stressed myself out.

@its_cleo. Yaaay on meeting your movement goals. How did you like the elliptical? I have one but would rather go to the dentist and get a tooth drilled. We bought it for dh. Yeah, flu and covid would be bad. Sorry to hear cases on the rise there. Seems everywhere. I hope we aren't going to have a bad winter.

Green Day. Stayed OP 211/238. Intentional movement 49 min walking

October goals: Green Dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water. :| Burn 275 cals via movement. o:) Preplan day:(
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I know that the holidays can derail me if I let it. I’m going to really try not to let it this year. The one good thing COVID did for me is end all the extra church eating that normally happens. There won’t be the church Thanksgiving dinner or the Christmas concert dessert fellowship. I am having my annual staff Christmas party and I will cook for Thanksgiving and Christmas. But you are right that it’s only a few days. I’m really trying to focus on how good I will feel if I actually accomplish this goal. Or at least get close to it. ;)

@trooworld If you got the shingle shot then I almost guarantee that is why you are feeling bad. DH had his booster last month and it kicked his butt for a couple of days. Just take it easy and yes, if you don’t start improving then you need to get a test ASAP. <3

@mswatson0777 Ohhh your fancy dinner sounds lovely! How was it? I hope the calories were totally worth it. Great food and good wine are two of my favorite things! :)

@cbabie I’m glad that your little girl is keeping you active. It’s great that you are getting in some quality time to work on yourself. You deserve it!! <3

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yes, violas and pansies are the go-to flowers for winter down here. They should survive all the way into March. I just love their bright cheery colors! Sometimes super slow weight loss is good. It’s let’s your body adjust to what you have lost so far. Yeah, you DH needs to start doing better. I wish mine would too! :#

@its_cleo Good job on reaching your goal for movement. How do you like the elliptical? I used to own a really nice one and gave it away when I stopped using it and then I regretted giving it away. :grin: I am sorry that you will be alone for your Thanksgiving. I would still encourage you to make it special for yourself so that you will enjoy it the best you can. <3

Good morning! Well, yesterday I planted all 10 containers that are on my porch and repotted three house plants. The porch looks so good and I will try to get some pics soon to show it off. I have been so busy this past week, but it’s all been good stuff. DH commented on how much energy I have, and I agree that it feels good not to always be so tired out. I listened to a couple of podcasts yesterday from Dr. Ted Neiman about what foods to eat and he is a big proponent of getting in more protein than fats and carbs. I’m going to work on my menu this coming week and see how I can add in more protein and take out some of the high fatty stuff, like my precious nuts. OK, I’m off to workout and then go to church! :)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thanks. The lack of taste seems to only be going on when my nose is stuffed up and my nose only seems to be stuffed up at night so I think it's allergies. I'm glad you are having a good weekend. Your dinner sounds wonderful! I hope you enjoy it.

@cbabie I'm glad you have the time to focus on you now, it's about time!!! re: my symptoms. I really do think it's allergies...my stuffed-up nose goes away in the morning and my sense of taste comes back when that goes away. My husband has the same opinion of the flu shot lol.

@RetiredAndLovingIt A rainy fall day with football sounds nice. I think what I have is just allergies: my stuffed-up nose goes away in the morning and my sense of taste comes back in the morning. I hope your DH and you don't feel sick from the shot. Yes, hopefully, more people will wear masks. It is shocking. Your husband and his peanut brittle! LOL

@its_cleo Yeah I'm 89 1/2% sure it's just allergies. I'm feeling better. I think the meditation is helping me be calmer already. Just come here when you can. That's kind of nice that your gym is so empty. I'm sorry that you will be alone on Thanksgiving. I hope baseball is enough to keep your mind occupied. I got my flu shot already for the same reason you mention.

@theslightedgeforever I got 50%. I don't think it is COVID, I think it is allergies: my nose congestion goes away in the morning and my sense of taste comes back. If it were COVID, it wouldn't do that, it would be constant. I think I am turning my ship around, I hope.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah I am certain it's allergies or that shot. As I told everyone else, my nose congestion goes away in the morning and my sense of taste comes back. Wow, you've been busy! I can't wait to see some pictures. Enjoy the day!

Hi all. I spent yesterday at home while my DH went over to his brother's to celebrate my MIL's birthday. I felt like I should stay home just in case I did have something more serious (although if I did, he would likely have it too!). I tried to sew myself a mask because I have a big head and the masks I have are uncomfortable and smash my nose. The problem is I need to adjust the stitching on my sewing machine and I don't know how to do it. I'm not good at these things. What was supposed to take me 5 minutes to sew took me 2 hours and it needs to be redone lol. I added a new goal to this week's goals and moved last week's goal to the carryover goal section. My new goal is to get up every hour and stretch.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 4-Oct 10:
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020. that's good that there will be a built in plan for holiday eating this year. Through no fault of our own. Your porch sounds pretty. I need to do some garden work myself.

@trooworld. You would have saved time posting if you had just put a disclaimer about your allergy symptoms at the top. lol. I kept reading your post to each person and it was the same thing. by the time you got to me, I was laughing out loud. But thank you for telling us individually. I got 25%. Nice new goal you have.

Red Day. Stayed OP. 97/100. Intentional movement: Rest Day

October goals: Green Dot day. o:) Drink 6 glasses of water. :| Burn 275 cals via movement.*** Preplan day o:)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever You are right lol. I got about the same percentage for water. Thanks re: the new goal.

Hi all! Well, I'm not feeling really well so I decided not to go into work today and I'm going to work from home. My sense of taste is back but I feel blah and my nose gets plugged up at about 6:30 pm. On top of that, I've developed a whitish bump on the inside of my lower eyelid that hurts. So I think I'm going to do a video doctor call.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Oct 4-Oct 10:
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • mswatson0777
    @cbabie Sounds like Baby Girl is your own personal trainer, way to go!

@trooworld So sorry to hear you still aren't feeling well, but glad to hear it's likely allergies and not COVID. I hope the doctor's visit goes well.

@theslightedgeforever I wish I was a slow eater. I feel like I miss my hunger cues more than I should because of it but I have a hell of a time slowing down. Slowing down when I eat is definitely one of my upcoming goals since I think it will draw out my enjoyment a lot

@TeresaW1020 It sounds like you've gotten a lot of work in on your porch, I bet it's absolutely lovely! That podcast sounds really interesting, what is it called?

@its_cleo I'm getting the flu shot too! No way I'm messing around with two illnesses at once and I'm all for lowering my odds of getting sick

@RetiredandLovingIt It sounds like you have a really manageable plan for maitenance. I hope you had fun with your Grandkids!

Happy Monday all! I am not having a great Monday. I definitely overdid it this weekend and my stomach is not happy. The 6 course dinner was fabulous. The entertainment was so much fun and it was very socially distanced and COVID safe. There were belly dancers, and fire jugglers, and comedians, it truly brought the Renaissance Festival magic! I definitely had way too much wine though, and felt it for the rest of the weekend.

I walked into work today with well over 100 unread emails...from one day away...so this morning has been a bit of a headache. Honestly this entire week looks like a bit of a headache, I have multiple lunch meetings which always drives me nuts because then I have no breaks during the day. Sorry for being a bit of a Debbie Downer this morning, it's just always a hard transition going from an amazing weekend...to Monday.
  • cbabie
    morning all, I slept most of yesterday. Allergies were horrible. I love that baby girl loves to go on walks. It's good for both of us. Not much to say today.

@trooworld I am so sorry you are still feeling sick. Please keep us posted and I hope you feel much better and the Dr has a good word for you. I like the track 90% of food intake..I should take that idea from you . LOL

@TeresaW1020 yea on the pots, I am sure it's gorgeous. Yes I am looking for more protein in my diet too. I used to be much better at it..

@theslightedgeforever great job on staying OP and I am glad the flu shot worked for you.

@its_cleo I am glad to see you post. Sounds like you are in a good place emotionally and getting your physical back.. I am sorry to hear that you have to be by yourself at Thanksgiving. I haven't had a good holiday due to family drama in many years.. I don't even look forward to them anymore. I hope you find a good way to enjoy it. LOL you can have the flu shot..I don't know that I make the right decisions, but for now that is what I am choosing. LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt Good for you on finding room for the peanut brittle. That was one of my moms favorites. Sorry to hear that DH sugar and cholesterol are elevated, but yes your right about maybe this will help you both...to still be retired and loving it..LOL. I love your outlook, you have a great on.

Cbabie