The Power of Walking

Replies

• Danisha43
    Danisha43 Posts: 26 Member
    Awesome!You look great and congrats on your weight loss.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    I feel like you should have also included your starting and finishing beard length.

The internet needs to know :D

Seriously though, this is awesome! Well done!
  • COLPeg
    COLPeg Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome!!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    Great job but I fear your numbers could use some adjustment.

Lose the beard and I bet you’re a couple pounds less. 😜
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Amazing work my dude! As a fellow big'n-turned-pedestrian, I absolutely agree with the power of walking.

How did you change your nutrition?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Walking is the best for our minds and health especially if you have somewhere nice to walk at. You did great. So happy for you.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Sorry but I can't help perving at those legs. ahem.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 561 Member
    Thank you for sharing and showing that with hard work and determination that it can be done. I am glad you shared your weight graph. It has some bumps in the road where your weight went up and came back down. That helps to see that. It can be so discouraging to have a little bump up and easy to quit. Seeing your graph will be a good reminder that it's just a little bump in the road.
    My son would be envious of your beard:)
  • Bigslimbelly
    Bigslimbelly Posts: 15 Member
    Excellent work sir.
    You have great dedication and motivation, it really shows.
    Your really rocking that beard too!
  • Handmadebody
    Handmadebody Posts: 7 Member
    Congrats! It’s a journey. I walk 30mins every morning and it is helping me shed weight gradually too👍
  • Qvar70
    Qvar70 Posts: 7 Member
    Fantastic job David, you're looking great. Love walking here too but have to admit it's never made my beard look as good as yours.
  • talexander1837
    talexander1837 Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you for sharing. I hope to be just as successful!
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    You were pushing 20k steps a day! I hope you had good shoes.
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    You look great! Thanks for sharing
  • David_McKay
    David_McKay Posts: 5 Member
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    Amazing work my dude! As a fellow big'n-turned-pedestrian, I absolutely agree with the power of walking.

How did you change your nutrition?

I spent 3 weeks counting ~4k calories a day, I wanted to understand what I was consuming and make micro changes. This part is crucial, since it takes time to reduce calories. I reduced my calories by ~500 every 3-5 weeks or when I was ready. I never did any diets, just learned and kept at it for 6 months before doing any exercise.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 335 Member
    This is so good to see! Sometimes, we try so hard and make it so complicated, but look at your success with making simple, but so effective, steps!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    WAIT! I can grow a beard like that if I just walk more! I'm in! :smiley:
    Kidding aside, awesome job brother. My daughter has lost over 20 pounds in the last 3 months just buy watching what she eats and walking. But your numbers are amazing! Congrats!
  • lmag0627
    lmag0627 Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations, I to thank this app. and my KETO diet for getting me to my goal weight. You look amazing. It is also great to have encouragement from your family and friends. My husband has been a great force in keeping me focused. I started my journey on March 11, 2020. Beginning weight 154. New weight 117. I lost a total of 20" on my arms, neck, hips, legs. I power walk 6 miles now. Had to work up to it. and also use a Concept E rowing machine on the rainy days or at night now that its getting dark sooner. Keep up the good work
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    This is so inspiring! I'm definitely going for a walk today now!
  • Simply amazing transformation and 1 amazing beard!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!