Where two or more gather in my name

Replies

• mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    mid week check in... after a less than normal Palm Sunday it has been a rough few days ,letting anxitey get the best of me to much news not enough prayer..

Now on the eve of Holy Thusday I have realized that I am truly blessed . Today I saw a man from a less fortuante backround say that" social distancing is a privlige" I have that privlige and for this I thank God..

The plan is to follow my churces online guide for keeping holy week at home..

See you Easter Sunday
    CC
  • mermaidnj
    Happy Easter.. 2020

A differt one for sure but we live in a very differnt world then we did a month ago. Our town has an Ecumenical Sunrise service in the park every year someting I always look forward to. This year the park is closed public gathering prohibited . We were asked instead to go out on our front steps read John 20 1-9 pray the lords pray and proclaim loudly Haliaugh he has risen. It was to my suprise a more beautiful moment than I was expecting, out in the cool crisp quite of sunrise with no distractions other than the chior of birds singing God has never felt closer.

A blessed and Joyful Easter to all

CC
  • mermaidnj
    Not much to say this .. Just greatful to have made it through another week in quarintine ..prayers to all suffering the health and fiancial devestation .. special prayer that that our elected officals work together and that all health care providers get the equpment they need..
  • mermaidnj
    still here... praying for patience ..
  • mermaidnj
    78us2rf6u5af.jpg
  • mermaidnj
    still here keeping the pew warm..
  • mermaidnj
    Hi all I'm back after a bit of a computer break..
  • mermaidnj
    Have anyone gone back to mass after the shut down? My church opened last weekend I have not returned not quite ready to get out of the bubble just yet..
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    mermaidnj wrote: »
    Have anyone gone back to mass after the shut down? My church opened last weekend I have not returned not quite ready to get out of the bubble just yet..

Our church opened on Monday. I am so excited! Father added an extra night of reconciliation tonight and that will by my first time back in the building. I can't wait until I can hit my first Mass on Saturday!
  • mermaidnj
    So pleased for you hope you enjoyed every minute.. Our church has opened but due to health issues in the household I'm still streaming.. I am hearing reports of a much abbreviated mass..
  • magster4isu
    It has been wonderful to be back to Mass. I typically go to 7am Mass, so it has always been more abbreviated than other times. I pray the health issues you are facing don't keep you away for too long.
  • mermaidnj
    magster4isu, I most often went to the 7 pm weekdays also a short mass we had one you priest known as" Father Mc Speedy" LOl, I once timed his personal best 18 minutes.. Many did not like his style but I always got a lot out of his masses..

Thank you for your prayers I 'll send you one back at 7 am Eastern stranded time..
  • mermaidnj
    Still here a bit battered a bit shaken but still here..
    <3
  • mermaidnj
    7qohedent9c4.jpg

my favorite Cathedral ...
  • mermaidnj
    It has been a challenging year and I'm afraid I let it get the better of me.. So I'm back sitting in the pew patiently waiting for the two or more to join me. For now it is good enough to embrace God and my faith to help me through what lies ahead..

Slantie Mhath
    🙏
  • magster4isu
    It's been a while since I have been on this board. I pray all is going well with you.
  • mermaidnj
    So nice to see you thanks for the prays as always they are needed and returned 3 fold..
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    I would like to gather with you! Happy August! My name is Lisa and I am glad you have been faithfully here. I am seeking to put my health journey and my spiritual journey together. Blessings upon all of you this day!
  • mermaidnj
    Hi Lisa, glad to see you here . I'm Cathy