The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    @calichick1978 - glad you're doing better!
  • coffee_n_weights
    Good morning all ☕☕☕
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    47 year old here.. newly married (almost 3 months now) to an amazing man who is very supportive even if he doesn't quite get the issue with weight.. he is 6' tall and a carpenter and quite a bit younger than me so while he grumps about his weight..its not really an issue for him... love to hike, camp and fish.. feel free to add me!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi there, hope you'll let me join this thread as well...

I've just turned 48 and I rejoined MFP in August this year. I have been here before, nearly 10 years ago and successfully lost weight. It's crept up a bit this year (blame it on the lockdown) and it was time to tighten the reigns again, which thankfully is going reasonably well.

I'm in Ireland, married, two teenage daughters and I'm an executive assistant, so pretty desk bound. I'm just back from a lunchtime walk, during which I was caught in our lovely Irish rain :s

I'm just going to jump in from this page and will send some friend requests!
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Hi there, hope you'll let me join this thread as well...

I've just turned 48 and I rejoined MFP in August this year. I have been here before, nearly 10 years ago and successfully lost weight. It's crept up a bit this year (blame it on the lockdown) and it was time to tighten the reigns again, which thankfully is going reasonably well.

I'm in Ireland, married, two teenage daughters and I'm an executive assistant, so pretty desk bound. I'm just back from a lunchtime walk, during which I was caught in our lovely Irish rain :s

I'm just going to jump in from this page and will send some friend requests!

OOOh where in Ireland?? my husband has family over there!
  • keithbold
    keithbold Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, 53, weight headed upwards. I have started using MFP properly to log calories. I changed jobs six months ago and am less busy/ stressed. It turns out I need busy and stress to stop me thinking about food! Up from 11st to 11st 11. Turbo trainer in the shed but that is becoming my least favourite place.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    edited October 2020
    Morning all!
    So, the country is on a semi-lockdown again from today. One of the instructions is not to leave your county unless you're an essential worker (which I am). So the Gardai (police) this morning had checkpoints everywhere. This caused my usual 20 minute commute to take 1 hr 30 today... :(
    Technically I can work from home but most of my colleagues can't, so I'm mostly in the office out of solidarity, but I might just go back to WFH again if this continues.

@mousie1973 I'm in Dublin
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Morning all!
    So, the country is on a semi-lockdown again from today. One of the instructions is not to leave your county unless you're an essential worker (which I am). So the Gardai (police) this morning had checkpoints everywhere. This caused my usual 20 minute commute to take 1 hr 30 today... :(
    Technically I can work from home but most of my colleagues can't, so I'm mostly in the office out of solidarity, but I might just go back to WFH again if this continues.

@mousie1973 I'm in Dublin

Oh wow. Stay safe.
    We're waiting for more lockdowns here. Our case numbers go up and down every single week it's a roller coaster
  • coffee_n_weights
    @LunaTheFatCat - wow, that's crazy. When we were "lockdown" there were no checkpoints/enforcement like that.

Good morning all ☕️
  • LunaTheFatCat
    It's really just a tactic to discourage people from moving about. They didn't even stop anyone or ask anything, it was just deliberately slowing people's journey's down.
    And it works too, as my boss immediately offered for me to work from home again. Which really he should have done in the first place of course.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Good day, all! We made it to hump day. That's at least half the battle, right there!

Have an awesome day!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Moooorning!
    Traffic back to normal today, so in the office having my coffee now.
    When I got home yesterday I only had 2800 steps recorded and it was lashing rain out, plus the gym classes have been suspended, so I felt a bit lost and itchy to do something. Ended up going up and down my stairs for 20 minutes and now my calfs hurt like crazy! Surprisingly good workout :D

Have a lovely day all!
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    Hello, I'm 37 and I don't know what I weigh, but I'm a size 26 and struggling with medical issues that could only be improved by losing a significant amount of weight. I've tried everything in the past but I'm going to give this one last go here and hopefully make some friends who can help push me.
  • DonaldjNelson
    DonaldjNelson Posts: 40 Member
    Working on my tenth pound lost weighed myself after lunch and am 206 after eating woohoo next weigh in will be ten pounds lost. Keeping track of food and calories on this app has been very beneficial hope all are doing well and having a great week thus far.
  • DonaldjNelson
    DonaldjNelson Posts: 40 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Who's getting outside for some fun today? I've taken my allergy meds, filled the water bottles and found a spot to explore.

Went discing this morn at a new course was lots of fun
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hello, I'm 37 and I don't know what I weigh, but I'm a size 26 and struggling with medical issues that could only be improved by losing a significant amount of weight. I've tried everything in the past but I'm going to give this one last go here and hopefully make some friends who can help push me.

You're in the right place. You will get lots of support and encouragement here. Keep checking in!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Who's getting outside for some fun today? I've taken my allergy meds, filled the water bottles and found a spot to explore.

Went discing this morn at a new course was lots of fun

Oooh fun. My son got to try this in gym class at school and thinks we should try it as a family.

For the second day in a row my walk became a sprint in the rain. Darn fall crazy weather
  • rmd6502
    rmd6502 Posts: 2 Member
    56yo here. Got into MFP after a health scare - chest pain radiating down the arms. Turns out was dehydration but if I don't want the next one to be a heart attack I need to start taking better care of myself.
    And in case UnderArmor's lawyers are worried, I'm not taking anything I read here as medical advice, though I may use it to inform what I talk about with my MDs.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Happy Thursday everyone!
    Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? Turkey dinners for my fellow Canadians?😊🦃🥂