Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workout today was S&S PHA Training.

The weather today was really nice. We had temps in the low 70's, no humidity and a nice breeze. We have rain tonight though.

Laurie, great workouts! OMG with poor Rocket encountering the skunk again! Thank God it wasn't as bad as last time but what a pain having to do all that extra cleaning. Hopefully he has really learned his lesson and will stay away from the skunk.
    How lucky to have found that quilting online course! You've been doing a lot of learning lately!

We have a little table by the door where we put keys, sunglasses, gloves. The table has this tiny drawer where he always put his ring. I have the feeling the ring never made it into the drawer the last time he wore it. I have a ring holder for my jewelry but we've never put our rings in the same place.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend. Great workouts Laurel. I didn't have the workouts you listed for this week; which I'm kind of thankful for because they sounded like hard workouts! LOL. I chose some of the options you'd listed for us. I'm going to stick to the circuit workouts. Good for you for adding the extra upper and lower body workouts!

DH has always been good about putting the ring in the same place when not wearing it. I have the feeling he put the ring in his pants pocket and lost it when taking something out of his pockets. This stupid habit always drove nuts because I felt he was going to lose the ring. I hope we can find a replacement some day. We've not talked about a replacement but I definitely want to replace the ring. We just have to figure out what size ring he wears!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Total Body Kickboxing Workout 2. Rocket is afraid to go outside, poor guy. :o I hope this is him avoiding those skunks in the future.

Laurel, All those workouts are great ones! This morning on our walk (which is in total darkness now. :p ), there where three other dog walkers. Everyone was good morning's in the dark. :D Glad to hear that your DH is going on those with you still. I think that the skunk is digging up the grubs that have been in our lawn. Like the sandhill cranes that we had a few weeks ago, they must be very tasty. I'm sure the skunk is getting ready to hibernate.

Thelma, Great job on the workout! That is the perfect type of weather. We had upper 40's this morning, so a bit nippy on our walk. Yes I have been doing the learning, and I will have to say that this covid has been a great opportunity to get all this training for free. Although it would be nice to have the teacher actually see what I am doing, it can only improve my efforts. I signed myself up for another ruler class that is free from our local quilting store. I want to see if this teacher has other tips and tricks to give me. We will think positive about the ring, and it may show up in an unexpected way. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Oh My Glutes followed by a 30 minute HiiT spin with Peloton.

Thelma, great workout. I am glad you chose something you want to be doing this week with workouts since you don’t have some I suggested. In many ways I develop these rotations to force myself to do workouts I have a tendency to ignore when I don’t have them scheduled. Some weeks, like this week, it works. Others, like last week, it doesn’t. But PHA is always good!! Especially that S&S one. We got quite a bit of rain here yesterday afternoon, which was nice. The temperature dropped almost 20 degrees during that storm, and today we won’t make it out of the 60’s. Autumn is here!

Laurie, great workout. Poor Rocket. Those skunk encounters are no fun for any of you. I hope they go into hibernation soon. I love the sound of the classes you are taking. What a great use of your COVID-era weekends.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Tuesday's workouts were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Yoga Basics and Cathe's Athletic Training Workout.

We had rain all night last night and some throughout the day. It was cold and damp today too. I think the next few days will be fall weather days.

Laurie, what a fun workout! Awwww! Poor Rocket! Did you manage to get him to go outside?
    I'm glad you found those free training opportunities. I'm sure having a live class would be the ideal situation. You're an expert and you'll do great.
    I keep hoping that ring will show up in an unexpected way!

Laurel, great workouts!
    I really like those PHA workouts. You are good about forcing yourself to do those workouts you tend to ignore! Sounds like we're having the same weather!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Shape Up Workout 1, this one is Tabata.

Laurel, Great job on the leg and spin workouts! Speaking of classes, I just signed myself up for another on line class in October. This one will be in the evenings. I showed the information to DH and he thought it was a cool process. Basically you create a picture made of fabric. If you look up Susan Carlson Quilts, they are so inspiring. Something that I have wanted to try for years, and now I have a chance to have an almost one on one experience without having to pay a small fortune to take her in person class. Although one day I would really love an in person class. I want to take a pic of DH's car, and create a quilt of it.

Thelma, Awesome job on the workouts! Don't enjoy that cold and damp feeling, that is when I like to have the fireplace going. Takes that dampness out of the air. This morning Rocket went outside without to much fuss. I did do a scan of the yard with the flashlight. :D The class that I mentioned to Laurel cost me $28, but I thought that was fairly inexpensive. She said that it will be her showing us how to start this process, and that we can ask questions.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 4DS Upper Body premix and 4DS LIS core work followed by Cathe Live Cardio Party Play Date. It is a beautiful autumn day here and after a week of feeling really fatigued, I feel really energetic today. That season change knocked me back again this year....as usual. Feels good to feel like myself again, that’s for sure.

Thelma, another great workout. I hope you are enjoying a beautiful autumn day too! We slept with the bedroom window open last night for the first time since May, and I love waking up to fresh air. I am hoping we have several weeks of weather like this before it gets colder.

Laurie, great workout. Wow, those quilts are amazing! What incredible artistry. I will be so interested to hear how the classes go. What a fantastic opportunity. And I love the idea of doing a quilt of your DH’s car. Boy, now I wish I quilted.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba,
    Beginner Gentle and Revive and Restore Yoga. I am still amazed at the benefit I'm feeling of doing cardio first thing in the morning. It wakes my body up. It's like a cup of strong coffee first thing in the morning.

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like a fun workout!

Cold and damp weather isn't fun. You definitely heat at that point because nothing else would warm you up. It was 45 degrees this morning but at least we had a sunny day so it didn't feel as cold.
    I'm so glad Rocket felt better about going out today! Poor boy! It's worth it doing the yard scan before he goes out because you don't want to be going through that skunk clean up process any time soon!
    What a great deal with that class! It makes me wish I could quilt and use a sewing machine too. I can't imagine manually sewing a quilt!

Laurel, great workouts! The full moon is on Oct 1st. My yoga instructor always says people feel energetic during that period. So far it's not true for me but it seems to be true for the other ladies in my group. I'm so glad you're feeling energetic. I've been dragging this week!

I am enjoying the beautiful autumn day. We've started to see some fall colors too. The dogwood trees have turned red and the poplars are turning yellow and brown.

I don't think we could sleep with the windows open here. The bug sounds at night are pretty loud.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Stacked Sets Lower and Abs 1 followed by a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton and a walk with DH. We are so enjoying these autumn days right now. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad you are enjoying the morning cardio! I love how you describe it....like a cup of strong coffee. Good stuff. We have a pretty noisy bug life here....and frogs....but it is much louder in the summer than it is now. There are some nights here it is so quiet I wonder if I forgot to leave the windows open! But it can get very noisy when it is windy because of the trees, so it is a little hit or miss. I am back to dragging today, so I don’t think the full moon gives me energy either. B)

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Thursday's workouts were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba and LIS After Burn. I was dragging today again and Zumba failed to wake me up. I had to use light weights for After Burn.

Today was a gorgeous day here. It was sunny, breezy and in the low 70's. By the late afternoon we had wind and cooler temps.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm so glad your DH is walking with you again! We are also having beautiful weather.

Sounds like you have the same noisy bugs we have! LOL
    I have the feeling the cooler temps are making me drag Laurel. I think it's time for DH and I to start using our electric blanket. I don't get cold at night but maybe my body needs more warmth.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I must not have hit post reply yesterday, because I remember typing responses. Oh well my workouts where 30MTF Slim Sculpting workout 1 and Step Boxing 2 Workout 2. We had temps in the upper 30's this morning, very nippy out.

Laurel, Great job on all those workouts. Isn't that lady impressive with what she can do with fabric? I just love the way she uses different prints to make the quilts. I'm hoping to improve my color palette ability with this process. I feel like I'm skittish with making choices when it comes to color.

Thelma, You also have been rocking those workouts, but I'm sorry to hear that you are dragging. Even with using light weights you are still working out, so that is something. Today is suppose to be a nice sunny one too, after the rain yesterday that will be nice. This morning Rocket shot out of the house, and I yelled at him. He actually listened, and didn't pursue whatever it was that he saw. :o I think it was a cat. Sounds like some really pretty fall colors that you are experiencing.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body doubled premix and Abs 2. That upper body workout flew by, but it is a tough one. But I challenged myself not to drop down in weight during the second round, and I didn’t. For cardio, I did a pretty mild 45 minute spin with Peloton.

Thelma, great workouts. It could be the temperatures making you feel a little lethargic. For me, I think it has something to do with the shorter days. I also think, for me, it is somewhat mental because I don’t feel like we have had summer yet, especially since DH was gone for much of it. I am ready to go out and play golf and such.....and, well, the season is almost over. Thankfully the winters here are pretty mild, so if I can just get used to the shorter days and still spend as much time outside as possible, I should hopefully avoid some winter depression. I hope. Hope you get a chance to enjoy these fall days this weekend. I know it is supposed to be beautiful here.

Laurie, don’t you hate it when that happens? Great workouts! Yep, those cold morning temps are back, aren’t they? We were in the 40s last night, but it didn’t feel cold at all because those low temperatures didn’t last long. I am always so amazed at how creative people can be, especially when it comes to blending colors. I used to watch Project Runway, and I would watch these designers buying fabric in outrageous colors, and then turn them in to something beautiful. It is something I would love to do, but when I sit down and try, all my colors end up being a variation of one shade. I often think I have the heart of an artist but not the brain of one. :D Glad Rocket didn’t meet another skunk this morning.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had beautiful fall weather all weekend. Our early morning temps have been in the low 40's. Definitely on the cooler side. It doesn't look like we'll be getting any rain at all this week but it will be sunny which is great. I still would like some rain given that we're surrounded by trees.

On Friday we went out to lunch with some friends. We went to a BBQ place that has outdoor sitting. It was on the cool side but we were dressed for the weather. It was our first time eating at a restaurant since 3/13! The food was good and it was fun to spend time with our friends.

We also got our flu shots on Friday afternoon. Between the shot and the food I allowed myself to take an afternoon nap.

My workout on Friday was a Gina B low impact cardio workout. My Sunday workout was S&S Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body.

I'm going for my haircut on Tuesday. I'm a little nervous.

Laurie, It drives me crazy when I forget to hit the Post Reply button! Great workouts!!

I'm glad Rocket is feeling safe about going out! Thankfully he listened to you when you yelled at him in case he'd seen the skunk!
    We are starting to see some nice colors around our house. The valley still looks pretty green.

Laurel, fantastic workouts!!

I am feeling better this week. I really think the cooler temps were making me tired. We have the heat on and on Saturday when I changed the sheets we added the electric blanket.

Hopefully you'll be able to go out and play golf soon and won't suffer from depression this cold season.
    We stayed home during the weekend as always these days.

Have a great week!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice but busy weekend. We all went to the oldest dd's house for dinner on Saturday. It was nice to get together, since it was this time last year that we where in England. So we had steak and ale pie, very tasty. No workouts, since I was busy. Don't know why, but the weekend flew. My workout this morning was 30MTF Strong & Lean Kickboxing workout.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and sticking with the weight. The only muscle I will go down on weight when it starts getting tough is my shoulders. We had frost this morning, so it got pretty cold out. Had to start wearing gloves on our morning walks. I love watching Project Runway, they come up with some great designs. Of course the ones that I like seem to not be the one most liked by the judges. I guess I go for the more conservative looks. :D That is what I'm afraid would happen with me, taking all the same shades of color. I guess that is why I want to take these classes.

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts. Good for you taking the afternoon nap, I'm sure your body appreciated it. Nice that you could go out to enjoy some BBQ. The guy I work with said that he purchased some heaters for his outdoor seating, so that people could keep warm while eating. It has gotten cold fairly fast around here. I'm pretty proud of Rocket for listening, sometimes he doesn't do that. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was quiet, with fantastic weather, and it was productive enough without being too busy....which I like. For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Power Walk and 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Legs and Glutes followed by a Tabata spin with Peloton. And today was Ramped Up Upper Body doubled premix followed by Fit/Split Mixed Impact Cardio only and a walk with DH.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you got out and enjoyed some time with friends. I haven’t eaten in a restaurant since February, but at least I am more willing to do take out, which gives me a break from cooking. I am glad you are feeling more energetic this week. Hopefully that blanket will help.

Laurie, sounds like a nice weekend. I am glad you got together with your DD and her DH to reminisce about your time in England. Sounds like it is getting chilly up there. DH keeps forgetting it isn’t summer anymore here. This morning he put on shorts and a t-shirt and I thought to myself it would take him less than an hour to bundle up. Sure enough, he is now in long pants and a sweatshirt. While our afternoon temperatures are warm, it takes until evening for the house to warm up at all.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, DH and went on a little trip to NC so my workout plan got derailed. I managed to get a Zumba workout in.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice and busy weekend.
    That steak and ale pie sounds great! Great job with your 30MTF workout!
    Some of our friends have outdoor propane heaters and they do keep you warm. I'm sure your co-worker's customers appreciate the outdoor heat! It's been on cold side here at night and in the mornings. The afternoons have been beautiful. I hope Rocket continues to listen to you so he doesn't run into the skunk again!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend too. Great workouts!
    Are you doing the Week 2 workouts this week? I'm doing the workouts for week 1. I'm so glad you've been able to have your DH join you on your daily walks!

I am glad we went out to a restaurant but will not eat indoors at a restaurant. I'm glad you're willing to do takeout now! We've not had takeout since early summer when we were having our friends over on Saturdays. We are really happy eating what we cook. I am paranoid about having gone to the restaurant. I keep counting the days for incubation period. We're ok thankfully!

Funny about your husband forgetting that it's no longer summer and changing into warmer clothes! LOL.
    I am convinced that the colder weather is what is affecting my energy which is different for me.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Meltdown Workout 2, which is heavy bag tabata.

Laurel, Great job on some tough workouts. At least doing the upper body twice seems tough to me. :D This morning was actually fairly warm. I'm still going on our walks with my capri pants on, just don't want to have to wear the long pants yet. :D Of course I'm all bundled up on top, with sweatshirts and coats. So I guess I can understand your DH wanting to still be in those shorts. ;) We have had to put the heat on, it just got to cold in the house. Of course at this time of the year the sun is beating on the west side of the house where the thermometer is, and that makes it think it's warmer in the house than it is. :o

Thelma, Glad you where able to enjoy a jaunt out, and that you got in some Zumba. ;) I'm looking at some places that sell the English sausage. I want to make bangers and mash, something that I really enjoyed when I was there. The sausage that we have here isn't the same, so I think that I have found a place. Just need to place my order so that I can try them. Hope that you haircut appointment goes well for you today!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Lower Body Blast and a surprisingly tough 30 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. It is a little warmer here again, so I was definitely sweating with that spin workout.

Thelma, I am glad you enjoyed a little time out with your DH. Good job getting the Zumba workout in. I am doing week 2 of the Upper/Lower weeks, which is actually week 9 in the rotation. :o I don’t know where time has gone. Since it looks like we might be getting Perfect 30 before we finish the twelve weeks, I am already thinking of ways to incorporate the strength workouts into our rotation. Thankfully it looks like they will be perfect (no pun intended) because it looks like Cathe went fairly heavy with them....and we will be doing ‘heavy’ strength training. I wouldn’t worry too much about eating outside at a restaurant. There is no evidence of this virus being transmitted in food, and the trouble with restaurants is the air circulation combined with no masks and lots of talking. Outside is much better! I actually don’t love restaurant food, which is why we have done take-out so rarely. We used to go to restaurants more for the experience of just being out than the food, but minus a few things, I prefer how we cook too. Now if I could get a wood fire stove for pizzas, I would be set. :D

Laurie, great workout. Yes, that double upper body was tough! I am feeling it today, that’s for sure. I won’t let us turn the heat on until the last possible minute I can stand it. I absolutely hate forced air heat (so many years of living with European radiators and steam heat in Alaska spoiled me on drying effects of forced air heat), so it has to be really cold before I give in. Poor DH.....and this year he isn’t going to be able to escape to work to get warm. I might just need to be a little more flexible this year. :) We are supposed to hit the mid-80s this week, so DH may be just right yet in his shorts and t-shirts.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Yoga Basics and S&S Total Body Giant Sets Upper Body.

I went for my haircut today and what a relief!

Laurie, great workout today!
    We've turned out heat on and also our humidifier!
    I'm glad you were able to find a place that sells English sausage! Speaking of food, did you ever make meatloaf using Lipton dry onion soup? I've never been big on meatloaf but this recipe is amazing. I put bacon on top and BBQ sauce.

Laurel, another killer workout! Great job!
    According to my rotation schedule we're on week 1 of Upper/Lower. I probably screwed up the dates when we repeated that meltdown week. So this means I'm a week behind you.

I am so excited about the Perfect 30 workouts. Thanks so much for starting to think of ways to incorporate the workouts into our routine!
    I don't think COVID gets transmitted via food. DH is not big on pizza but I've been craving pizza for a while! You just made think about that craving! LOL

I just read that we will have a rainy weekend due to the hurricane. Will you be getting rain too?

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Very happy with the announcement from Cathe, will be waiting impatiently for my shipping notification. :D She also gave out a free leg day download, so will have to try that one out. This morning my workout was 30MTF Build & Burn Upper Body Supersets.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! I'm sure if that workout was full of hills I guess it would be a tough one. I didn't do a double upper today, but I did go as heavy as I could. I didn't even go down on my shoulder weight, which made it tough toward the third set. ;) I'm with you on the forced heat. I grew up with wood and steam heat, just never seem to get as warm with the forced air either. Glad to hear that the weather is getting warmer, we did have a great day yesterday. It appears that we will be that way again today. Makes it hard to determine what to wear to work. This is the time of the year that coats start to pile up in my car, because I forget to bring them in when I get home. :D

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Glad to hear that your hair is all taken care of also. I was actually going to make meatloaf tonight for dinner, but I have never tried it with the soup mix in it. Anything with bacon has to be a really good recipe. :)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe’s live class from last week which was Metabolic Upper Body. Since my upper body is still feeling Monday’s workout, this was perfect for me today. It hit all of the muscle groups, got the heart rate up a little but wasn’t too fast paced, which I like. I followed it with a favorite....Cathe Live Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing.

Thelma, great workouts! I am glad your haircut went well. I bet it feels better too. I think I confused you when I repeated that week in the rotation. What I did was actually substituted the planned week with the repeated week, meaning I tossed out one of the planned rotation weeks in order to repeat a week. My bad in not explaining that. But....no problem!! I am loving these Upper/Lower weeks, so I will do it again next week (with maybe slightly different workouts, but the same concept), and then we will be in sync again for the final three weeks. I have no idea what I am going to do when this rotation is done, so another week to come up with something is just fine with me. :)

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like a great upper body workout. I am still feeling that double workout from Monday, but at least it is a good ‘hurt’. That Leg Day workout Cathe is offering on download is a pretty good one. It was done the day before the Glassboro Road Trip started last year, so it was a full class, but that is always fun. It was thorough but not too tough, which I like. I recommend giving it a try. I mean....it’s free! I completely agree about forced air heat being warmer. It would take hours to heat up the house with a radiator. The downside....I have a tendency to have a dull headache all winter though that isn’t as bad when I live in more humid environments. I laughed about the coats in the car. This is the time of year I don’t even know what to wear when eating dinner on the patio, because the minute the sun goes down, the goosebumps show up on the arms. I swear I wear more clothing in fall than in all three other seasons combined!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel