Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    mxlaw90 wrote: »
    Hey everyone im a little but late posting but excited to be here!

My name is Marcy, I'm 30 a full time student and mom to a 3 year old who keeps me busy and two dogs from Toronto.

My weight has always been very up and down and im hoping to lose some pounds while staying consistent. Before I had my son I weighed around 125lbs and jumped to 180. I lost 45 lbs last year before covid and made it to my goal weight but quickly went back up being home all the time after being layed off work. I am currently at 155 lbs and am looking to lose atleast 10 lbs this month, I go to orange theory 3-4x weekly and absolutely love it
    My goals are to walk more every day as im currently really only being active if i actually go to the gym and really work on my diet, less fast food etc.

Whoa! Marcy, you're from Toronto!?! That's amazing. Lisa @Cafelelia and I are from Toronto. You can do it!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Check in for last few days
    Not doing very well on food. Have been stress eating. Yes, I know that's not good. Too bad I don't have have the opposite of not eating when stressed.🤔😊. I know the scale will be up.

Water: not enough
    Exercise: none , not allowed to go to the gym right now per doctor's office. I could have done some upper body exercises but didn't do that either.

I've been working on the line I would be on if I get to go to 1st shift. It's a fast line and I'm having a lot of trouble keeping up. It will go well for a while and then I get behind and end up needing someone to help me catch up. Not sure that I will get that help on 1st. My coworkers are telling me I'm doing fine with it but I'm having second thoughts about it. I would be stressed every single day and I'm not sure it's worth it. I do need to remember that before Friday night I only did that line once or twice before so maybe it's just a matter of more practice. I know the bosses on 1st want someone who is confident and can keep up. The way I feel right now is that they wouldn't even want me because of all the trouble I'm having. I plan on talking with my boss about it.

Linda, I think practice may come into this. (See @kiane50 's post above.) You can get your pacing worked out with practice, I'm sure of it. Also, a good sleep every night will probably go a long way. Whatever you decide, I support you. You know what's right for you. Big hug.
  • 1theresamcvean
    I talked with a close family friend this weekend about my mammogram and that I have to go for more tests. She asked if it was a certain tech that did it and I said yes. She told me another of her friends had the same tech and had a bad experience to the point of making a complaint.

Now I'm thinking that the tech didn't get very good images. I told her about the cyst that I've had since before 2012 and where it was. The tech I had for the last several years always made sure to get good pictures so I wouldn't have to go back.

Hopefully that's the case.

Fingers crossed. Hugs.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Check in for last few days
    Not doing very well on food. Have been stress eating. Yes, I know that's not good. Too bad I don't have have the opposite of not eating when stressed.🤔😊. I know the scale will be up.

Water: not enough
    Exercise: none , not allowed to go to the gym right now per doctor's office. I could have done some upper body exercises but didn't do that either.

I've been working on the line I would be on if I get to go to 1st shift. It's a fast line and I'm having a lot of trouble keeping up. It will go well for a while and then I get behind and end up needing someone to help me catch up. Not sure that I will get that help on 1st. My coworkers are telling me I'm doing fine with it but I'm having second thoughts about it. I would be stressed every single day and I'm not sure it's worth it. I do need to remember that before Friday night I only did that line once or twice before so maybe it's just a matter of more practice. I know the bosses on 1st want someone who is confident and can keep up. The way I feel right now is that they wouldn't even want me because of all the trouble I'm having. I plan on talking with my boss about it.

Linda, I think practice may come into this. (See @kiane50 's post above.) You can get your pacing worked out with practice, I'm sure of it. Also, a good sleep every night will probably go a long way. Whatever you decide, I support you. You know what's right for you. Big hug.

Thanks! That's probably it. Although I have been practicing on that line since Friday, 2 rotations each night, which ends up being 5 hours total each night.😯

I did have one coworker walk by me when I was on that line and told me I was doing fine and to not forget to breathe. He said it looked like I was concentrating so hard that it didn't look like I was breathing.😊 I start out telling myself that I can do it and it goes okay for a while and then later I can't keep up and that bothers me a lot because I know many others can.

I'm just worried about being so stressed about it every day that I'll start hating my job. It's not a dream job but right now I don't hate it and don't want it to come to that.

Thanks for all your support. I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll feel better after I talk with my boss.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Tuesday check in. Calories over. 1490 ish. And 14700 steps. I had fast food. I know I’m terrible. It happens sometimes. But on a good note. I finished my healthy wage challenge and I won. Now to wait up to 7 days for the money. I’m at a plateau. But over the weekend I ate what I wanted at a baby shower and I ate at Wendy’s today. There is a cabbage in my fridge and I think Friday I will make egg roll in a bowl and try to keep my calories low all weekend. If you’ve never had it you should look up a recipe, and try it. It’s really very good.
    Well anyway. Healthy eating for tomorrow Will probably not happen as I have back to back games and I have nothing pre-made. But I’ll do my best. I may not post tomorrow. But i’ll Be back Thursday.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    I feel like I have to post a pet pic now. You’ve all seen Oliver but I will post another. I don’t think that I’ve posted razz here. She’s 10 and she’s been my second in command of this house and the kids. It’s a joke in this house that my daughter is only dominant over Oliver. But razz is a good dog and she’s very smart. Once my daughter couldn’t figure out how to get her outside because she had wrapped the chain in the door. And razz undid it for her. She’s definitely my dog. Wherever I am, she is close by.
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Patsy, 68 years old today, retired medical secretary with two grown kids and two grandkids. My daughter's birthday is Friday so we are going out for lunch today. She is a teacher so I let her choose the time to match her schedule. She is doing virtual classes still.

I was not overweight as a child, in the 60s everyone was skinny - just thought we were fat! I weighed less that 100 pounds until I had my babies and then only 105. I put on all the extra pounds starting in my 40s but was told not to worry about a few pounds a year. I was always really healthy until last March - yes right at the beginning of the Covid scare in the US - when I was diagnosed with a very rare liver cancer. My symptoms were the same as being eight months pregnant with a big baby that wants out! Really felt weird at age 67.

I had 4 months of chemo before changing to an immunotherapy drug. I have felt amazingly good through this ordeal - better appetite than ever, more energy than usual, a few aches and pain is really my only complaint. My next scan is next week so I am hoping to hear good news this time. My doctor wants me to try an maintain my weight or at least not gain or lose a lot right now. I would like to drop another 15 pounds at some point so I will keep trying to lose it slowly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎈🧡🎊🐣
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Tuesday check in. Calories over. 1490 ish. And 14700 steps. I had fast food. I know I’m terrible. It happens sometimes. But on a good note. I finished my healthy wage challenge and I won. Now to wait up to 7 days for the money. I’m at a plateau. But over the weekend I ate what I wanted at a baby shower and I ate at Wendy’s today. There is a cabbage in my fridge and I think Friday I will make egg roll in a bowl and try to keep my calories low all weekend. If you’ve never had it you should look up a recipe, and try it. It’s really very good.
    Well anyway. Healthy eating for tomorrow Will probably not happen as I have back to back games and I have nothing pre-made. But I’ll do my best. I may not post tomorrow. But i’ll Be back Thursday.
    It’s definitely hard when you’re so pressed for time. Maybe you can get some fresh snacks like oranges apples or veggie sticks in there somewhere
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    Happy Belated Birthday @pacsnc6 !!!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 414 Member
    kiane50 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Patsy, 68 years old today, retired medical secretary with two grown kids and two grandkids. My daughter's birthday is Friday so we are going out for lunch today. She is a teacher so I let her choose the time to match her schedule. She is doing virtual classes still.

I was not overweight as a child, in the 60s everyone was skinny - just thought we were fat! I weighed less that 100 pounds until I had my babies and then only 105. I put on all the extra pounds starting in my 40s but was told not to worry about a few pounds a year. I was always really healthy until last March - yes right at the beginning of the Covid scare in the US - when I was diagnosed with a very rare liver cancer. My symptoms were the same as being eight months pregnant with a big baby that wants out! Really felt weird at age 67.

I had 4 months of chemo before changing to an immunotherapy drug. I have felt amazingly good through this ordeal - better appetite than ever, more energy than usual, a few aches and pain is really my only complaint. My next scan is next week so I am hoping to hear good news this time. My doctor wants me to try an maintain my weight or at least not gain or lose a lot right now. I would like to drop another 15 pounds at some point so I will keep trying to lose it slowly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎈🧡🎊🐣

HOPE YOU HAD A GEREAT BIRTHDAY AND FOUND A WAY TO CELEBRATE!!!!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 414 Member
    @pacsnc6 Birthday wishes above were meant for you!!!!!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/06 steps 5507
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Tuesday recap, had pizza for dinner since it was a late night and just wanted my son fed, but had some self control and ate healthy otherwise,1490 calories overall and only 5500 steps. Also happy belated birthday! @pacsnc6. Have a 1 mile benchmark run today so im a little nervous but going easy on myself as I'm still only getting back into it!
  • ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member

Belated happy birthday :)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    Username: Kittengirl88
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 315
    CW (Current Weight): 315
    LTD (Loss to Date): 12 lbs

I'm a little discouraged, I've been working really hard this week other than a sodium filled anniversary dinner. I still stayed under calories. I've been walking a TON and doing my rowing machine daily. Maybe I'm still just retaining water from last weekend. Hopefully I'll have better news next week. I'm not giving up. I have lost 12 lbs in 17 days, so maybe my body is just regrouping.

According to the F2F spreadsheet, your previous weight was 318, so it appears as if you've lost 3 lbs since your original weight for the group. Do I need to update your original weight to 315?

Besides, even if you haven't lost a single pound this week, maintaining is still impressive, especially when you've already lost so much! Water retention (from sodium, muscle recovery, carb intake, or a billion other reasons) hits all of us when we least want it, but most need it.
  • ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member
    Username: Kittengirl88
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 315
    CW (Current Weight): 315
    LTD (Loss to Date): 12 lbs

I'm a little discouraged, I've been working really hard this week other than a sodium filled anniversary dinner. I still stayed under calories. I've been walking a TON and doing my rowing machine daily. Maybe I'm still just retaining water from last weekend. Hopefully I'll have better news next week. I'm not giving up. I have lost 12 lbs in 17 days, so maybe my body is just regrouping.

According to the F2F spreadsheet, your previous weight was 318, so it appears as if you've lost 3 lbs since your original weight for the group. Do I need to update your original weight to 315?

Besides, even if you haven't lost a single pound this week, maintaining is still impressive, especially when you've already lost so much! Water retention (from sodium, muscle recovery, carb intake, or a billion other reasons) hits all of us when we least want it, but most need it.

This is why I shouldn't internet before coffee. No, you're right. I feel a lot better now. Thank you! I forgot I had joined back at the very end of September and the 1st was on a Thursday.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I went out to lunch with my daughter and grand daughter. We usually celebrate birthdays together as my daughter's is Friday. Then Wayne and I took a bike ride in the park. I was feeling off balance so we ended up just riding around the parking lot for at least a half hour. It felt strange and frustrating. Today we are going out for a late lunch/early dinner so I will probably be over on calories again. It's just a temporary gain, will be gone by next week.
This discussion has been closed.