Weight Loss Victories

Replies

• real_change
    real_change Posts: 53 Member
    @jeannalyn1227 That is so wonderful. I think losing weight that slowly is an incredible victory. I’d be so proud to say that of myself.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Thanks everyone! my SIL got into town right as that 100lb happened. I've since got a good 5lbs of water weight back up from sunburn, excessive walking (~20k+/day), and extra eatin'.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Thanks everyone! my SIL got into town right as that 100lb happened. I've since got a good 5lbs of water weight back up from sunburn, excessive walking (~20k+/day), and extra eatin'.

Isn't every milestone somehow followed by a quick reversal? lol. I think I lost my 3 four times and then the sucker showed back up at a doctor's appointment.

For future reference they have this new thing called sunblock. :wink:
  • dhiammarath
    NovusDies wrote: »

Isn't every milestone somehow followed by a quick reversal? lol. I think I lost my 3 four times and then the sucker showed back up at a doctor's appointment.

For future reference they have this new thing called sunblock. :wink:

@NovusDies They do! And I used it! But I am very fair (irish blood is strong in me) and no matter how much I slather on, the sun will cook me like no tomorrow. XD I can get a sunburn in less than 30 minutes outside if I'm not careful, ha! At least I was smart and did remember it -- so it's only mild (thank goodness!) and mostly gone by now.

And yes... for every milestone, there's that moment right after where you feel you've lost it. It's a struggle (mentally), but what I've learned from this whole experience is to be patient. I'll see that sucker again!
  • dhiammarath
    @merph518 What a difference!! Great progress and it FEELS great to be able to do the things you want to do, I bet!
  • NovusDies
    @merph518 Amazing!

You have reminded me of a task I haven't wanted to do. Ask my family for a true "Before" picture. I know one of them has one. I hated seeing them so bad I do not have any. When my wife caught me on camera I deleted them.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, I did my best to hide from photos in general, but I tried not to go as far as deleting them. I remember being upset as a kid when my mother would rip up photos of herself.

(and thanks!)
  • NovusDies
    merph518 wrote: »
    Yeah, I did my best to hide from photos in general, but I tried not to go as far as deleting them. I remember being upset as a kid when my mother would rip up photos of herself.

(and thanks!)

Oh I hid from the camera like I was in the witness protection program and purged any trace of my existence.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    I.have also avoided the camera for a long time.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    merph518 wrote: »

(and thanks!)

Oh I hid from the camera like I was in the witness protection program and purged any trace of my existence.

I know what you mean, there are very few pics of me - I'm always the one behind the camera. My wedding photos from 4yrs ago at my heaviest are truly awful but at least I have a before shot 😂
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited August 2019
    Congrats on 30 lbs! That's great.

I feel like sometimes it can be hard to see the change in yourself. For me, it helps to compare pictures.
  • NovusDies
    edited August 2019
    amkita wrote: »
    30 lbs lost as of today. it's weird that that feels like a lot and also like not that much. I have another 60-70 to go. I'm not exactly sure how much because I don't know what that will feel like.

while I feel lighter, my clothes feel better, and I've felt good enough to be way more active, I don't feel all that different physically. does that make sense?

I'm glad to be losing at a safe, healthy rate, but it's weird.

It absolutely makes sense. I have always felt that way. For me some of it is because that in relation to how long I have been heavy this weight loss has been quick and dramatic so far. I don't say that very often because it takes months and years and you need to be patient but once it gets rolling it seems to un-snowball. It is hard to accept so sometimes it is like a have phantom weight still there.

The other for me is this fakakta skin situation. I still feel 100 pounds heavier and I can't find clothing that covers me well enough so I am stuck in what I have been wearing for way too long because I can't stand it. My shirts might as well be called muumuus now.

• NovusDies
    And this time I don't feel too bad about saying "I TOLD YOU SO!!"

Congrats x 100!!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Now to try to mentally change gears and get myself to slow down to maintenance. THAT'S going to be fun to try to get my brain to agree to.....

I want to hopefully by the end of October be sitting around 215 to give me that 5 lb buffer for water weight fluctuations during November and December, but honestly, I'm not going to push for it. I'll be whatever I'll be at the end of the month, and that's where I'll attempt to maintain at until the new year.

I am going to go ahead and change my long term goal today, though - new goal: 180 lbs.

It's just completely mind blowing, flabbergasting, unbelievable, and incredible that I am actually setting that goal - 180 lbs was that big pipe dream, like daydreaming about winning the lottery (even though I don't play the lottery lol) or somehow finding out that Lewis's different worlds really DID exist and finding my own wardrobe to disappear into lol- nice to think about once in a while but never truly ever considered it to be within the realm of possibility. I mean, I never really thought I'd ever see 220 lbs, either, let alone Onederland. And to do it without surgery? I never thought it would happen, really, even when I started into losing weight.

Just like I never seriously considered I'd get into a size 18, either. I figured I'd be doing well to get to a 22, and yet I've blown right past 22's now, am fully into the 18's and actually flirting with 16's. In another 40 lbs, I might even see 14's!

Now, though, it makes me wonder - why if I have the willpower to lose a massive amount of weight, why can't I get that willpower to work in other areas of my life that desperately need changed?
  • NovusDies
    Now to try to mentally change gears and get myself to slow down to maintenance. THAT'S going to be fun to try to get my brain to agree to.....

I want to hopefully by the end of October be sitting around 215 to give me that 5 lb buffer for water weight fluctuations during November and December, but honestly, I'm not going to push for it. I'll be whatever I'll be at the end of the month, and that's where I'll attempt to maintain at until the new year.

I am going to go ahead and change my long term goal today, though - new goal: 180 lbs.

It's just completely mind blowing, flabbergasting, unbelievable, and incredible that I am actually setting that goal - 180 lbs was that big pipe dream, like daydreaming about winning the lottery (even though I don't play the lottery lol) or somehow finding out that Lewis's different worlds really DID exist and finding my own wardrobe to disappear into lol- nice to think about once in a while but never truly ever considered it to be within the realm of possibility. I mean, I never really thought I'd ever see 220 lbs, either, let alone Onederland. And to do it without surgery? I never thought it would happen, really, even when I started into losing weight.

Just like I never seriously considered I'd get into a size 18, either. I figured I'd be doing well to get to a 22, and yet I've blown right past 22's now, am fully into the 18's and actually flirting with 16's. In another 40 lbs, I might even see 14's!

Now, though, it makes me wonder - why if I have the willpower to lose a massive amount of weight, why can't I get that willpower to work in other areas of my life that desperately need changed?

Same reason I applied the tools to other areas of my life but did not apply them to weight loss until recently I suppose.

Some of it is my "living in a toilet bowl theory." Sometimes you don't realize how much it stinks until you get out of the toilet bowl for an objective view/smell.