Introverts Unite!

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think many comedians and actors are like that. I knew a couple, he claimed he was an extrovert and she claimed she was an introvert but it was exactly the opposite. Everyone else could see it but they repeated that narrative so long they believed it. Somesayers say most of us become more introverted with age and that our personality types really aren't set in stone. Some say ambiverts are rare but I don't think so. B)
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I think many comedians and actors are like that. I knew a couple, he claimed he was an extrovert and she claimed she was an introvert but it was exactly the opposite. Everyone else could see it but they repeated that narrative so long they believed it. Somesayers say most of us become more introverted with age and that our personality types really aren't set in stone. Some say ambiverts are rare but I don't think so. B)

Wisdom comes with experience, but I think it also requires a certain amount of introspection ... so it only seems natural that we would face more inward as we get older. Maybe it's not our personality-type changing, but just that we are getting better at being ourselves.
  • Diatonic12
    Lurve that. @jamloche I know myself. So do you.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Here I am! When's the meet 'n' greet? ohhh. . . .
  • Diatonic12
    Just an observation. I watched a party on tv and they were all networking with one another. Most of it looked like a bunch of imaginary happy horsesheet but nonetheless, that's what they were doing. I leaned in for a closer look, all of them breathing into each other's face, blathering on about absolutely nothing but it seemed they were getting high on it and each other. I wondered if they were just working themselves up into this frenzy because the cameras were rolling but searched for the deeper meaning.

It's kind of like the Dance of the Sage Grouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLnbiTkj1TQ
  • rmd6502
    rmd6502 Posts: 2 Member
    I think I'm an INTP, typical nerd. With the lockdown I've realized that I do need _some_ social interaction, maybe not a pure I?
  • Diatonic12
    On that scale, I'm an ENFP but I don't let anyone pigeonhole me.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    On that scale, I'm an ENFP but I don't let anyone pigeonhole me.

or sage grouse-hole you. I don't want to look that up on urban dictionary. Is there a rural dictionary?
  • Diatonic12
    There is a cowboy code of ethics.

#1 Be kind and gentle to children, seniors and critters
    #2 Always practice good animal husbandry
    #3 Always help people in distress. My grandpaw practiced this almost to a fault. He helped all of the hitchhikers along the road that came by the house in the country. He gave them food and sometimes he would put them up in a room for the night out back. Bunkhouse. One time he was robbed and they hit him over the head with a bottle of whiskey. Took his wallet. My grandpaw was out of this world when it came to kindness.
    #4 Always tell the truth and never go back on your word
    #5 Work hard and give it your all

Never let anyone pigeonhole you or make you feel less than or small. Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle.
    Don't wait until you're standing at the gate to do what you need to do. Wring everything you can out of this life.
    When you get to the final gate all of the identifiers will be clipped off. The playing field is level.

You can't buy your way in because your money is no good there. So you better be kind, stay sweet and act pretty.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    So many people here... I think I'll hang out with my dog some more. Talk amongst yourselves, folks.

No, I love you all, really I do.
    I just have a really good book I'm halfway through reading...
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 228 Member
    Hi, I'm an INFJ. I love to be with family or a small group of friends but I absolutely need and love quiet "me" time. Though I miss some activities and people this quarantine has not been nearly as difficult for me as it has been for some. In fact I have loved not having to make excuses not to do things!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Oooh... I took the test. Yep, I am ISFJ-T.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Hi!
    I've been somewhat introverted all my life, even more so after a relationship gone wrong. It's definitely easier to connect with people over the internet.
  • Diatonic12
    This is random but it doesn't really belong over there. I used to believe that the Queen of England never had to use the facilities. Ever. I just knew that she didn't have to bother with puberty or toilet paper or anything that other humans do. I knew the Q of E never had to sit on the ol' thunder mug. When it was time for the puberty talk I crawled down to the floorboards while my mother was telling me about it. She took me for a ride. I cried and cried. I tried to figure out ways that I would never have to go through any of those things. I did think of a way but it didn't work. It happened. I was so embarrassed. Ooo, I remember how it was in gym class.

The body has its ways of keeping you humble at all times. It's a level playing field.
  • YishMish
    YishMish Posts: 1 Member
    Fellow introvert here... Nice to see us unite!. Now back to my cubby hole :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    aww look at you chatty lot 🤗

Hope all you introverts have a peaceful day :)
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Poking my head in here before I go to sleep. I would read a book but my eyes are tired of staying open.