Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 417 Member
    How did I forget to say: KEEP ON KEEPING ON..............................
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    @Freeglerock - Your journey is so impressive! I hadn't realized just how much weight you've dropped so far. Fantastic job!

@Cafelelia - Your son actually sounds a lot like how I was in elementary school. The work we were doing was boring me, so I got up and started helping my peers instead or started doing whatever I wanted to do, merely because I didn't think it was worth working on something I already understood. Got in trouble a lot because of it. Whoops. It wasn't my fault the school system didn't cater to my academic prowess. :wink:

@melaniedscott - Do you want to come and cook for me? Goodness, all of that sounds so good. Now I'm hungry...

goingape wrote: »
    My day today was good with a nice treat making cards with my sister. I’m off on Friday so looking forward to a nice long weekend. Still planning my meal for Sunday. Any great vegetable side dishes your would suggest? We are having turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy. All the classics.

@goingape - I used to make this dish for Thanksgiving every year, swapping in rice or quinoa for the farro whenever I didn't have any available. Over the years, I've been doubling the ratio of vegetables to grains, and it still turns out tasty. I'm debating just getting rid of the grains completely and letting it be a purely vegetable dish this year.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/07 steps 12820
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Week k1
    PW 160
    CW 160.2

I'll take it! After all the food I ate the last two days. Ended up at Bojangles for lunch yesterday. Had a 3 piece dinner with slaw, no fries. We tried to go to a steak place for a nice meal but they were not opened until 4 pm and we didn't want to wait that long.

I had a great lunch on Tuesday with my daughter and grand daughter at First Watch, had a yummy salad and sandwich.
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    Today is my first weigh in.
    Today’s weight 216
    Goal weight anything lower than 216 or 155
    Original weight on 8/21/20 232

I would also like to drink more water and eat more plant based. I am avoiding flour and sugar and snacks. I eat three healthy meals a day.
  • ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member
    How is it Thursday already?? :tired_face:.

I'm going to be okay. Just need to keep my spirits up, drink plenty of water, and hold out for better days. They're coming.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly. I hope it eases up for you soon.
  • ibrake4bunnies
    kiane50 wrote: »
    Today is my first weigh in.
    Today’s weight 216
    Goal weight anything lower than 216 or 155
    Original weight on 8/21/20 232

I would also like to drink more water and eat more plant based. I am avoiding flour and sugar and snacks. I eat three healthy meals a day.

Good job! I'm vegetarian due to a severe meat allergy. I do eat eggs and a little cheese and milk. It's kinda funny how many veggies you can ACTUALLY eat and it be almost no calories.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

Been a busy week and the eating has been a bit hit and miss lol. Can I be excused for weigh in this week please? I know I'm already a bit up from junk food at weekend, plus totm, and it's my birthday tomorrow so while I'm going to try not to go mad then it's going to be a fairly relaxed weekend. Not helped by work getting me a HUGE cake, which is super sweet of them but there's only 2 of us in the house :D I'll have to either throw some away or try and farm off on the neighbours lol.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Wednesday/Thursday check in
    I am doing ok with eating and IF, and had a long walk today. Who knows what weigh in will be tomorrow as I had some saltier food yesterday. Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend! We usually host the big meal at home or at a restaurant near my mom’s house. This year we are all isolating, so it is just the 4 of us. We will see everyone on Zoom though. I bought an extra backyard heater, so we will host friends and neighbours for distanced drinks in the backyard through the weekend. We all just have to improvise and remember that we still have a lot to be thankful for. As for a plan, we are cooking a big, healthy meal, and my husband does smoked turkey in the smoker. I have a pie and a cake on order, so I will sample those. There will be wine, but I will keep it to my 2 or 3 glass maximum. With COVID numbers on the rise here, in these past few weeks, I squeezed in a lot of appointments for me and the family: hairdresser, haircuts, dentist, ortho, doctors etc. So maybe the second half of October will be a little less busy!

Thanks everyone for your support about my son this week. For those of you who don’t know, he is in a very uneven class split, with 17 grade 4s and 4 grade 5s (he is in grade 5). I love his teacher, and in spite of her skill and experience, she is struggling through no fault of her own. I have always made sure to commend her efforts to the principal. I have been patient throughout this mess, but Tuesday got to me as my boy was so inconsolable in that moment. In any event, the crisis helped facilitate a great resolution. The 4 grade 5 boys will be moved to the grade 5 class, which had a drop in students this week due to some kids opting for online only school. I know the new teacher and she is excellent as well. So everyone is now content, and I am hoping we can move forward with a few less crises each week (although my teen will still keep me on my toes)!

@podperson1 - Happy Birthday! It is good to get the cake out of the house, but freezing can be an option for many cakes too,

@minstrelsofscarcasm - I am so sorry that COVID triggered your MS symptoms and hope that they cryotherapy helped. Hang in there! Yup, my son sounds a lot like you!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    podperson1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Been a busy week and the eating has been a bit hit and miss lol. Can I be excused for weigh in this week please? I know I'm already a bit up from junk food at weekend, plus totm, and it's my birthday tomorrow so while I'm going to try not to go mad then it's going to be a fairly relaxed weekend. Not helped by work getting me a HUGE cake, which is super sweet of them but there's only 2 of us in the house :D I'll have to either throw some away or try and farm off on the neighbours lol.

Have a Happy Birthday tomorrow, Shelli!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    edited October 2020
    Cafelelia wrote: »

Thanks everyone for your support about my son this week. For those of you who don’t know, he is in a very uneven class split, with 17 grade 4s and 4 grade 5s (he is in grade 5). I love his teacher, and in spite of her skill and experience, she is struggling through no fault of her own. I have always made sure to commend her efforts to the principal. I have been patient throughout this mess, but Tuesday got to me as my boy was so inconsolable in that moment. In any event, the crisis helped facilitate a great resolution. The 4 grade 5 boys will be moved to the grade 5 class, which had a drop in students this week due to some kids opting for online only school. I know the new teacher and she is excellent as well. So everyone is now content, and I am hoping we can move forward with a few less crises each week (although my teen will still keep me on my toes)!

I was thinking about your son today, Lisa. That was an important time for me as a student too. Back then, we didn't speak up for ourselves. I thought to myself today, I'll bet this results in a solution. Good for him! He'll always remember this.
  • kiane50
    @kittengirl88
    “Good job! I'm vegetarian due to a severe meat allergy. I do eat eggs and a little cheese and milk. It's kinda funny how many veggies you can ACTUALLY eat and it be almost no calories”

Yes I’m looking forward to how much I can eat. I love fruit and vegetables!
  • kiane50
    @podperson1 have a Happy Birthday 🎊🧁
  • ibrake4bunnies
    kiane50 wrote: »
    @kittengirl88
    “Good job! I'm vegetarian due to a severe meat allergy. I do eat eggs and a little cheese and milk. It's kinda funny how many veggies you can ACTUALLY eat and it be almost no calories”

Yes I’m looking forward to how much I can eat. I love fruit and vegetables!

If you ever have questions or need ideas, send me a message :)
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    @podperson1 have an awesome Birthday!!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 191.6
    Cw 192
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @Freeglerock

I too reckon it is just practice that is needed - you can't expect to be able to go full pelt on a new process. Takes time for the brain to build the wire and connections to make the process more automatic. I can just imagine the look of concentration on your face! But ultimately, work is a big part of life, and you need to be happy and confident in what you are doing and getting stressed over it can't be good. Talking to you boss sounds like a good plan, even just to get re-assurance. Take care of yourself

Thanks for the encouragement! It all helps. I haven't talked with my boss yet but have talked with several coworkers who have been encouraging me and that is helping. I still have been thinking about it and yes, being stressed over work every day doesn't sound like a good plan. Every coworker I've talked with says it just takes time and practice.

Glad you got your workout in, even if you have to have the numbers show up for you. It's funny how we all have these different things we need to have or do to make things work for us.

I hope your son starts doing better with the strange way of having to do school now. It has to be really hard for the kids not to have normal school. Hugs to you and him.
This discussion has been closed.