What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Super easy 58 minutes. Barely broke a sweat and nearly all of it was 50 to 60% max HR (really easy recovery stuff). Left knee was hurting after yesterday's workout and that's my only good knee, so I backed way off today.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    This morning's session was Team Body Project's "HIIT with Daniel", followed by a short 1-mile outdoor "cool-down" walk. I wanted to walk another mile at least, but I needed to head back inside to begin the virtual school day. Next time I'll set foot out of the house earlier and grant myself more time to walk. I've really been missing my routine of daily 4-mile morning walks since the school year began!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Casual recreational bike ride on my hybrid bike, 15.63 miles on road/trails, with my rowing buddy again. Quite gusty/windy, so taking it extra easy to save up for the hills on the way home; and with a break for latte at a local shop at around mile 11/12. Total 15.63 mi per Garmin, average HR < 50% heart rate reserve, but peak at 75%+ 🤣
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited October 2020
    Tuesday
    There was finally a brief lull in the rain over my lunch hour. I got a quick climb in. It actually went OK - I got a dyno move on my second attempt - I failed on this move last session . It's not a very hard move, but I need to push hard off the right ankle to get it, and it was still a bit sore previous go but fine today.

Wednesday
    1 hour yoga and a 4 mile walk - a relatively sedentary day

Today
    I did half an hour hangboarding over lunch. This was good - I am up to 10 second repeaters on the Beastmaker 12mm rung, which is the smallest rung I have. (This is with two handed, 4 fingered half crimp. I am weaker at three fingered stuff and open crimp.)

I will do leg day later.
  • mytyglotz
    Morning session of Team Body Project's "Essentials 8", followed by another brief 1-mile outdoor "cool-down" walk around the neighborhood.
    I snuck another mile in during my lunch hour. Once again, I wanted to do more and I am disappointed I didn't - but I guess some activity is better than none at all (right? ...I hope!!).
  • MikePfirrman
    55 minutes or so between 65% and 70% of max HR on the LateralX and AD Pro.
  • AnnPT77
    Lazily, counting a transportational bike ride as exercise, 6.52 miles total, going to/from a picnic lunch distanced meet up of my small local elder orphans group at a park on my usual trail route. (Guess who suggested the location. 😉 )

So, a little bitty ride for cardio, and 43 minutes with the dumbbells because it's Thursday.
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    I walked a little over 2 miles before work this morning and I just finished a nighttime yoga practice.
  • AnnPT77
    7165m rowing bow in the quad. (This is a 4-person rowing shell, 2 oars per person, i.e., sculling boat; bow rower still responsible for steering.)

Something went slightly wrong, causing the boat to pull gradually toward the center of the river, especially on the West to East leg of the row. Usually, I do minor steering by myself (pulling harder on one oar or the other while keeping them at the same relative angle to the boat), only using the rowers (also to row harder on one side or the other) when there's need for faster turning. So, I spent at least half of the row pretty much rowing hard with right side (arm/leg), and lightly or not at all with the left. Still had to call for hard on port (our right, boat's left) *a lot*. That was . . . interesting. 😉

I think we might have had something stuck on the skeg (fixed fin on the bottom of the boat that keeps it going relatively straight, mostly), because the situation improved when we spun at the East end to go back to the boathouse. We hadn't hit anything in the water that vibrated the hull, so maybe just snagged some weeds or something like that - it doesn't take much. 🤷‍♀️
  • MikePfirrman
    Hardish day scheduled but I had a minor headache. Decided to try it and see and ended up with a decently hard AT session of 7 X 4 hard w/ 2 minute active recovery.
  • GazelleLady
    GazelleLady Posts: 131 Member
    I ran 5 miles, alternating between "high tempo" (difficult pace but not miserable) and easy pace. I walked a little bit in between intervals because I couldn't breath right.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    9 mile run today, my longest run since February! Felt amazing... ran the 3 mile stretch back and forth on the sidewalk near my house x 3.
  • mytyglotz
    Morning session of Team Body Project's "Essentials AvD 2", followed by yet another speedy 1-mile outdoor "cool-down" walk around the block.
  • LoveyChar
    All day running after a two year old

Same here, and it definitely is a workout!
  • AnnPT77
    6965m rowing bow in the double, 42 minutes messing with dumbbells. (For once, I actually did the weight workout on it's supposedly-planned day, and didn't shift it to Sunday!).
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Chest, triceps and a bike ride with my kids.
  • LoveyChar
    30 minutes on stationary bike + 3 mile run
  • mytyglotz
    4 mile outdoor walk in the morning, then Team Body Project's "Mixed Intervals" in the early afternoon after running some errands.
  • colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    30 minutes stretch, and 15 min waights.