Weird things you do with food

Replies

• Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    When I eat chips I almost always lick the flavor off of each chip before hand.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Three parts leftover sauce from a Caribbean seafood boil mixed with one part Chinese oyster sauce is amazing on noodles.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    I like cottage cheese mixed with canned tuna and red seedless grapes...much to my family's horror
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I like cottage cheese mixed with canned tuna and red seedless grapes...much to my family's horror

I too have done this - It's quite good
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Not so weird; I love nutritional yeast on popcorn :p
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

This reminded me of propensity to use lots of lime or lemon juice and extra salt on my popcorn. My BFF does it too. It was actually one of the few things I was able to eat my 3rd trimester or pregnancy lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

This reminded me of propensity to use lots of lime or lemon juice and extra salt on my popcorn. My BFF does it too. It was actually one of the few things I was able to eat my 3rd trimester or pregnancy lol

I rarely eat it but when I do I like to add my own spices. zux6k37mamb8.png Buffalo, bbq or TJs everything bagel!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I like to scrap the charcoal off the pan after cooking something like veggies and dump the bits on my veggies. Gives it a nice charcoal/burnt flavor. I know it is bad for you, but I like the taste.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member

sounds good actually....I do something similar but use avocado instead of grapes.
  • acpgee
    I like to scrap the charcoal off the pan after cooking something like veggies and dump the bits on my veggies. Gives it a nice charcoal/burnt flavor. I know it is bad for you, but I like the taste.

Try blow torching your veggies as you stir fry them in a wok.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/04/dining/stir-fry-recipe-wok-hei.html
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited October 2020
    My son makes me try his vanilla yogurt/ketchup concoctions...

Ketchup in my chicken noodle soup.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    Peanutbutter and apple sauce on my pancakes with cinnamon

Great idea!!! I've been doing pb and jam on waffles but apple sauce would be a great touch... I should try that.
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    edited October 2020
    toss the junk food when the wife and kids aren't looking (friggen mouth breathers) ha ha
  • B_Plus_Effort
    I have to pour my drinks into a cup if its in a can, (drives my husband crazy because hes always washing cups that I put sparkling water in :D )

you could dirty every single cup in my house any time, just sayin'

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    My son makes me try his vanilla yogurt/ketchup concoctions...

Ketchup in my chicken noodle soup.

Gag!
  • B_Plus_Effort
    jennxlynch wrote: »
    Put hot sauce on my fried plantains. Everyone who sees me do it thinks I'm crazy, but I swear that's how my friend's family ate them when I was growing up.

thanks a lot now I'm craving plantains, I had a neighbor from Nigeria who made them oh my gawd so good
  • acpgee

Here is another technique if you look charred veg.
    https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/08/how-to-dry-char-asparagus.html
  • EML112610
    EML112610 Posts: 27 Member
    I butter my pizza 🤭🥴🙈
    Not like the whole thing. Just at the end, maybe the last 2 inches before the crust. Then slabs of cold butter. (Gee wonder what brought me to mfp?)
    If you think about it, its kind of like buttering bread and dipping it in sauce. With cheese. Except its pizza. And its awesome.
  • EML112610
    EML112610 Posts: 27 Member
    Also my daughter had a friend who would douse her kraft mac n cheese with ITALIAN DRESSING.
    Gross.
  • truebluecanadian
    truebluecanadian Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2020
    I put my salad in the bottom of a big bowl and add the meal I am having on top. Then mix it all into a big mess with salad dressing on it. The bigger the salad the better. Does not matter if it is a bunch of veggies or spaghetti and sauce.