Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2020 - One Day at a Time (Try a Sober October)

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    Day 2 AF done, 18 more to go. Slept great last night and even got in 10 hours of sleep. Dreamy.

Dawn, chocolate mint mojitos sounds divine right now. Being on my AF diet, I will likely plan for Chocolate Mint Halo ice cream as my Friday night treat.

Expect Success and Nothing Less
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Good morning! Well, it's morning for me anyway.

@FeelinFooFoo that sounds like a day of total hell at work. I am so sorry! I'd have wine too if I were you. I hope it gets better at work soon. I like the idea of 'soberish' October. That is a bit more my speed right now.
    @Samand303 I agree that homemade fresh salsa almost requires a beer, and I'm not even really much of a beer drinker.
    Also, now I want mojitos too @dawnbgethealthy !

However, I did have 3 glasses of wine last night (unplanned) so I think I'm going to have to lay off the mojitos this weekend. I may take a page from @globalhiker and look into that mint chocolate ice cream. I LOVE mint chocolate, in almost any form.

My 3 glasses of wine happened because my father and his GF packed up their car yesterday and informed me they were headed home. YAY! He also said they would come over with some wine as a last hurrah last night. Given that we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum and the last month with them here has been riddled with anxiety, I pretty much can't be around them without having a glass of wine, so I happily indulged with them. I wish I didn't have THREE glasses, but what's done is done. Before that I was toying with the idea of joining the sober October people for the rest of the month at least, but that's not going to happen now. Also, a friend is coming over tomorrow for a socially distanced get together, and we'll probably have some wine.

Oct 1: 2 drinks
    Oct 2: 6 drinks
    Oct 3: 4 drinks
    Oct 4: AF
    Oct 5: AF
    Oct 6: AF
    Oct 7: AF
    Oct 8: 3 drinks

So far in Oct: 4/8 days AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo
    I love your new profile pic!!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    @Lilylady3k I am here and doing great. Another busy time of year for my business just before Winter sets in.
    Sorry I have been absent. I am reading everyday.

You all so keep me grounded. Much ❣
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    Day 3 AF done....and Covid test came back negative. Yay!!!

Got results within 48 hours. Testing very quick and easy. Just made an appt. and pre-registered online with CVS pharmacy, went to the pharmacy drive thru window, they gave me the swab and vial and I did the swabbing myself, then just placed it in an outside bin. All of it took like less than 3 minutes. And it was free.

I'll probably have to do this each time I get sick this winter with any typical cold.

On the weight topic, I still have about 11 lbs to goal. Gained 1.5 lbs on vacation. I thought I would lose since each day we put in at least 5-6 hours of hiking and I ate hardly anything during the day. But, I drank at least half those days and that wine with chips at night did the damage. Had I not drank, I would bet I would've come back with some weight loss. Damn alcohol is such a super-fattener for me.

Expect Success and Nothing Less