Waist Aways - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    I worked out for the second time this week. I had to press pause 🤦‍♀️ That is not like me. Today is my one day for Fall Break (kids were off Wed and Thurs) I made the most of it by going to drive through pumpkin patch. It was pretty cool with tons of carved pumpkins, fancy scarecros, and decorated haybails. Then, we went up to the mountains and di some walking. It was a pretty good day.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    I had an interesting conversation with my massage therapist this morning. I have been having ongoing problems with my right shoulder and upper back. He asked me how I carried my purse and, surprise, it is always on my right side. He believes we as women are not helping ourselves by carrying purses that are too heavy and also by consistently carrying purses, book bags, gym bags, etc. on the same side and messing up the symmetry of our bodies. So he challenged me to consciously carry everything on my left side until I see him in two weeks. It sounds easy but I can tell you already it is harder than it seems it should be...
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @happimess01 and @Kali225 Great job on weigh ins for the week!
    @KellyBgetsfit I have not been working out as often either and I notice that workouts are surprisingly difficult at times 😅 😳 🙃 Drive thru pumpkin patch sounds fun!
    @Steph1419 I think tacos should be a part of every good weight loss program.

More later, gotta put my wild kids to bed!😴
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Good day gang! Just a quick run through - we had a crazy day today. Our artesian well was way way way overdue to be "shocked", and that happened today. So we have no water until late tomorrow or maybe Sunday - but at least the dreaded iron bacteria will be as gone as we can make it. It is the weirdest stuff - not harmful in the water, but it gradually reduces the capacity of the well, and it stains the shower and all other surfaces orange when it gets bad. So today was the day we say goodbye (for now) iron bacteria. We should do this more often so that it isn't such a big deal, but....

In any case, here we go! First of all, welcome to the goal zone @eggfreak ! Let me know what is your "zone". Lowest to highest where you want to maintain for now - revisions always possible! I find around a 5 pound zone works well, but others have different ideas.

Keep well everyone! Here are the day's reminders -

overdue:
    @coll7246

still due today:
    @BaileyCat88
    @gracermom

due Saturday:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @spyro88

Thanks! So far it has been a good week 1. We miss you @evangsimmons170 and hope things settle down soon!
  • jugar
    I had an interesting conversation with my massage therapist this morning. I have been having ongoing problems with my right shoulder and upper back. He asked me how I carried my purse and, surprise, it is always on my right side. He believes we as women are not helping ourselves by carrying purses that are too heavy and also by consistently carrying purses, book bags, gym bags, etc. on the same side and messing up the symmetry of our bodies. So he challenged me to consciously carry everything on my left side until I see him in two weeks. It sounds easy but I can tell you already it is harder than it seems it should be...
    That is worth trying! I also find that the arm we actively use on the computer (mouse or touch pad) has a huge effect on the shoulder. It seems so minor, all those movements, but they make us lift the arm and wiggle it about a lot - the shoulder gets cranky. Now that I don't carry bags around any more, this is more of a problem than bags ever were. If you use your right hand for that kind of activity, and you spend much time on the computer (it does not take much), see if that has an effect as well. Everyone thinks of wrist on the computer, but I always find that the shoulder gets it worse.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    I also find that the arm we actively use on the computer (mouse or touch pad) has a huge effect on the shoulder...If you use your right hand for that kind of activity, and you spend much time on the computer (it does not take much), see if that has an effect as well.
    Guilty as charged. I've been on the computer a lot lately since one of the businesses I work with has Sept 30 as their year-end so I've been logging lots of screen time going through their books. Funny how we think of stretching when we do physical activity but something like the computer doesn't trigger those thoughts. Now I will be paying attention to this as well.

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    @conleywoods Thank you so much :)
  • jugar
    Terytha wrote: »
    The good news I don't need the pills because I don't have gastritis. The bad news I have gallstones, and nothing can be done about that.
    Really! Bummer - but can't you have your gall bladder removed if it is really bad? I know 2 people who have had that and they are so happy that all the pain is gone. They are really glad they had the surgery - and the recovery was quick and relatively easy. In any case, I hope you are not in too much pain!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Steps and Exercise update for 9th October:

Steps - 2107
    Exercise - 31 mins Strength workout

Enjoy your Saturday, Friends!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @micki48 can you please remove me from the step challenge for now? I’m having a hard time keeping up lol

You’ve got it. Just let me know if you want to go back on. 🙂
  • jugar
    @AshenMoon
    I love the new photo! You look great, and there is now a significant line-up of beautiful smiles under the last appearance of my photo featuring horses' posteriors!!!

Week 1 last weigh-ins due - my last nagging of the week B) Be sure to have them in by early Sunday - the good, the bad, the ho-hum.
    @coll7246
    @BaileyCat88
    @gracermom
    @joijumper
    @lovethyneighbor

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.