Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

holiday eating

Options
how much weight will I gain if I have been eating 2000 calories over my maintenance for 10 days? and is this sudden weight gain easy to lose?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,049 Member
    Options
    how much weight will I gain if I have been eating 2000 calories over my maintenance for 10 days? and is this sudden weight gain easy to lose?

Probably something less than 5.7 pounds, but it's hard to say exactly. On the scale, you'll see extra weight (probably more than 5.7 pounds, but maybe not) that's partly fat, partly extra digestive contents, partly water retention. The digestive contents and water weight parts will just drop off, usually within a couple of weeks. In that sense, that part is easy to lose. Any actual fat gain, which may take slightly longer to show up on the scale (vs. the near-immediate gain from digestive contents and water retention), is going to be just as hard to lose as any other fat, in my opinion. Old and new fat aren't particularly different, when it comes to difficulty of losing them.