Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    @CassieGetsFit2013 -

I've had about four MRIs... this year. So far. I always pretend I'm an astronaut when I'm in there, preparing for launch. If you make them fun, they go by much faster. Just close your eyes and think of something that calms your mind.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    @CassieGetsFit2013
    I concur with everyone else, they aren't that bad. I close my eyes and do meditation. Imagine listening to Enya. I suppose if you're clausterphobic, it might be uncomfortable but with your eyes closed, how can you tell? I should be clausterphobic but it didn't take...
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/11 steps 4575
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    I have missed so much and I am not sure how to carry on here. I guess I will read over the intros and just start here. I have had an unusually busy 3 weeks between the walk, funeral and then I decided I might as well get the shore house closed up too. We will still go down on random weekends but it is closed up for the most part now. Now I have to unpack and catch up with shopping and cleaning here. While I have been gone, I haven't done well at all with my goals at all and I am up in weight. I am going to start fresh today, reset my ticker and get myself back into my heathy routine. I also need to learn how to be off my routine and not fall back into my old bad habits. I am starting to put some things together, I don't feel well physically when I overeat and eat poorly. I also don't feel well physically when I don't exercise. Why I don't put that together in the moment is beyond me. Sorry I have missed what has been going on with you all too. That was the longest I wasn't actively involved on here. To be honest, that was part of the problem. I usually go on MFP and WNM in the morning and it sets up my thinking for the day. It helps me to plan out my day and events. It also helps to have the support of you all. I was supposed to return from the shore today but I wanted to wake up in Pennsylvania and start the new week off by getting back into my routine. So, that is all for now. I am sorry if I missed anything going on with all of you but I won't be able to go back and catch up. Hope everyone is doing well and let's have a great week! xoxo

Welcome back, Pam. We've missed you. Don't worry about catching up. It'll seem like you haven't missed a day by tomorrow I bet. xo
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 954 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 2
    PW (Previous Weight): 203.8
    CW (Current Weight): 203.4

Steps
    Sat. 10/10 - 2737
    Sun. 10/11 - 1262
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    welcome back @sleepymom5. Was just thinking that I miss all your comments and wisdom. It's good to take some time for you and just relax, so glad you could do that.
  • ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member
    Happy Monday, Beautiful People!!

kow549cf4wb0.jpg

Quick update on how I'm doing

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I also really love the quote :)
  • ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member
    @sleepymom5 hang in there! Just take it one day at a time making good choices :)

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Thanksgiving weekend check in
    I am having a good weekend and staying on plan. We had our big meal yesterday, which was all healthy and so that made it easy for me. Our dishwasher broke yesterday morning, so I was thankful we were not hosting a large group like we normally do. We have been doing distanced socializing in our backyard through the weekend with our trusty heaters working very nicely. I kept alcohol to a minimum as I was just not feeling like having much wine in the cool temperatures. I love our backyard set up and will need to figure out something for when the snow falls. To everyone celebrating, Happy Thanksgiving!

@kittengirl88 - What a terrible experience and I hope that you are feeling better today.

@sleepymom5 - Welcome back! We missed you!

@minstrelofsarcasm - So great that you are not an active carrier anymore and I hope that the side effects continue to fade. Wtg for getting back on your bike tomorrow! You are a trooper!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I have a bit of claustrophobia and have had 2 MRIs. I found it not so bad as there is a bit of room in the MRI chamber, so I did not get that feeling of not being able to breathe in a small space. Also the procedure does not take long and they talk you through things, which is a nice distraction. My recommendation is to do some breathing or relaxation exercises in the waiting room and keep it going during the procedures if you can. Also, let them know in advance and they may have some recommendations for you. Best of luck.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    @CassieGetsFit2013 im not sure if I had a mri or act scan, but they gave me headphones with music to listen to and a call button to signal the attendant if I wanted to talk. The tube had a fan blowing on me and it was nice, I didn’t feel too shut in.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm. I’m get glad you’refeeling better.
    @sleepymom5 i have missed your comments, and I’m glad your back.

Monday check in: I overate this weekend and was basically sedentary. I still made healthier choices so it shouldn’t hurt me too bad. I’m at 11300 steps and will make my 12 before bed. Also im onky at 830 calories. But I a ate well so i may make it to 1000. I may not. Ive felt my myself slipping some so I am going start checking In daily, again. Hopefully that helps.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,971 Member
    Grrr. I've tried to write this check in 3 times. Hate checking in on my phone!

Anyway, food wasn't the best but had plenty of water. Also going to bed early to make up for a lack of sleep last night.

@sleepymom5 I'm glad you're getting back on track!

Y'all take care and do well this week!
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm i would be terrified to get a spinal tap so be brave! Love the Rock Johnson and he obviously is committed to reaching his goals.

@kittengirl88 that’s terrible that now you have sensitivity to eggs! And that you ended up in the hospital. What are you going to eat now?

And Welcome back to those that are just checking in after a while!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    edited October 2020
    Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

I bought a pint of salted caramel ice cream last night, and I realized how much of a mistake that was after I ate a good two servings of it. It tastes phenomenal, but my stomach was not ready for that much dairy. Whoops! Fully expecting a gain this week, but that's alright. I know how to get back on track - it's just a matter of actually doing it...

At least I finally got back to the gym this morning. I had a lot of stress to sweat out.

Perseverance-quotes-and-famous-inspirational-sayings%2B%25282%2529-min.jpg
This discussion has been closed.