What is your favorite Coffee and how do you drink it?

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have a Keurig. I get a variety box from Coffee Icon each month so I don't get bored. I have no 'love' for the organic nonsense. That being said, Newman's Own Organic coffee K-cups is my 'go to' coffee. Good/great every time. If I'm buying bulk (say 'affordable'), Kirkland's Breakfast Blend is pretty darn good for less that 40 cents a cup.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Medium roast Guatemalian from Solar Roasters. Fresh ground in a conical burr grinder. Blond and sweet from a Ninja on the rich setting.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Medium roast Guatemalian from Solar Roasters. Fresh ground in a conical burr grinder. Blond and sweet from a Ninja on the rich setting.

I just got a ninja coffee maker and I’m so confused by it. Why does it run all the water in the container if i set it to a small batch? Is it exactly the same as a regular coffee maker except that the water tank is external? I was hoping I could fill the tank and use it as a reservoir for a few small batches
  • brustmannzwei
    edited October 2020
    CacoEther wrote: »

I just got a ninja coffee maker and I’m so confused by it. Why does it run all the water in the container if i set it to a small batch? Is it exactly the same as a regular coffee maker except that the water tank is external? I was hoping I could fill the tank and use it as a reservoir for a few small batches

Mine doesn’t do that. It only runs a full tank if I set it to. I turn the cup size knob to the smallest setting and press the rich button. It brews like 6-8 ounces.

With a full water tank I can brew many single servings before refilling it.

This is the one I have.

k6fnfu96w81c.jpeg
  • CacoEther
    edited October 2020

Mine doesn’t do that. It only runs a full tank if I set it to. I turn the cup size knob to the smallest setting and press the rich button. It brews like 6-8 ounces.

This is the one I have.

k6fnfu96w81c.jpeg

Okay, i wuz robbed. I don’t have a setting for cup size

Edit: ahh, nevermind I have this one

9ozf7gyfvi32.jpeg
  • brustmannzwei

This is the one I have.

k6fnfu96w81c.jpeg

Ohhhhh, yeah. You got robbed. I love the one I have and it’s features.
  • CacoEther

This is the one I have.

k6fnfu96w81c.jpeg

Ohhhhh, yeah. You got robbed. I love the one I have and it’s features.

It would take me weeks to figure out how to run it 😁
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Dunkin iced hazelnut with cream. 👍
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Pilot Coffee Roasters - Ruva - Ethiopian Blend. French press, 9 minutes. Then I make sweet foam, depending on what I’m in the mood for that day.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Homemade, black.
  • CacoEther
    Pilot Coffee Roasters - Ruva - Ethiopian Blend. French press, 9 minutes. Then I make sweet foam, depending on what I’m in the mood for that day.

Do you ever add salt to the foam? It is the absolute best
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I'm fairly ordinary. Just instant coffee preferably by Nescafe, but any other reputable brand can work. Usually with creamer.
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    I use the McDonald’s Keurig pods but I love a good Starbucks Americano with cream.
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member

I’ve not, but I’ll give it try. Thank you for the suggestion!
  • CacoEther

I’ve not, but I’ll give it try. Thank you for the suggestion!

I actually do salted sweet cream so hopefully it works the same with something lighter than cream. But if it doesn’t.. then get you on that salted sweet cream train
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

salt in coffee ???

tumblr_judgingyou.gif
  • CacoEther
    Motorsheen wrote: »

salt in coffee ???

tumblr_judgingyou.gif

You take that back
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    do all the judge. nescafe espresso, vanilla stevia and almond milk!
  • Motorsheen
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    do all the judge. nescafe espresso, vanilla stevia and almond milk!

tenor.gif?itemid=10644250
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »

salt in coffee ???

tumblr_judgingyou.gif

You take that back

Take it back ??

Instead I think, I'll try the coffee & salt thing tomorrow morning. <3