Women 200lb+, Let's Be Fang-tastic This October!!!

Replies

• QuinnDXO
    QuinnDXO Posts: 4 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 I have to say I absolutely love your coffee corner!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited October 2020
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 I have to say I absolutely love your coffee corner!

Thank you! I have a small kitchen so whatever I can get out of the kitchen helps, and that way no one is going "Oh, I just want a cup of coffee" while I'm trying to actually make food, and make me stop what I'm doing and waaiiiitttt while they piddle about with sugar and cream.

Hot tea is one of my secret weapons of weight loss. I have to drink it slowly, and it feels more indulgent. A tablespoon of cream is only about 50 calories but that will make it work in between meals so I can make it to lunch or dinner.

And at night I get hot tea and two butter cookies and it's a very nice way to wind down my day.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @iloveeggnog Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving! Is Canadian Thanksgiving similar to the US one? I was in New York for Thanksgiving once, it was very special. I loved trying out the pumpkin pie etc. Well, I did the 20 min run this am, got up at 5 am. I did it and I actually enjoyed it, in the end, I jumped for joy that's how excited I was!! I feel so motivated to carry on with week 6!

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Your coffee corner is fantastic!! I also love hot tea!

@KeriA I am celebrating your new job! Well done, new exciting stage in your life, I wish you well!

• JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    @changeforeverlj I am so proud of you!!!! Remember that feeling of accomplishment cause you earned it!!! That is the biggest step up there is in the couch25k program and many many people have to repeat weeks (not that there is anything wrong with that!) so reward yourself well!

Canadian Thanksgiving is relatively similar to the US version. Ours is pegged as more of a harvest festival. Families gather and have turkey with all the trimmings and pumpkin pie is often the dessert. Theirs is the kick off to the Christmas holiday season, though. Ours, thankfully 2 months out, is not! We go back to normal life until after Remembrance Day (Nov 11th) and then Christmas is fair game after that!
  • ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member
    @changeforeverlj what a gorgeous picture! Congrats!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 That is such a wonderful corner!! I'm jealous!! :wink:

@kittengirl88 Zumba is always FUN!! :smiley:
  • @torih941 - The weekends are SO hard for me!

I am having an issue though, and I'm not really sure what to do. I have been counting everything and sticking to my calorie limits, but I'm gaining! Only thing that has changed is I have started walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes every night (last night I so didn't want to, and 20min in I was ready to call it quits, but I did 30!), so I dont know if I'm holding onto water from that (I drink at least 64oz a day), or what.

I looked back at my diary, and maybe I'm eating too much salt. I decided on sandwiches this week instead of my usual salad, because as much as I love my salads, I dont wanna get burned out on em either. So I went with hard salami and buffalo style chicken deli meat instead. I have that planned for the week, and they're already made, so I'll stick to that for this week and will try something else next week and go from there.

I'm gonna keep on going though. This isn't gonna stop me!
  • changeforeverlj
    @remedieigotcha I bet your Vegas trip was sooo much fun, and what a victory to wear sleeveless! Great loss for the week
  • changeforeverlj
    @KeriA I love your wholistic approach to losing weight, cleaning house, excercise etc! I completely agree with the way you are approaching weightloss, its about de-cluttering your life, a new clean, healthier beginning!