Failing at lunch

I don’t want to cook at lunchtime. This is the meal that gets me every time. Have you any suggestions for quick, no cook meal appease?

Replies

• LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Would a nice salad work for you? Lots of filler such as lettuce, tomato cucumber and a good chunk of protein, ie smoked salmon, chicken breast, feta cheese, add some seeds, a little bit of dressing, maybe croutons.

Or maybe soup? You can batch cook and then put in smaller measured-out containers, which you can just microwave.
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    I was going to say batch cooking soup as well or beans for a filling lunch.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    I don’t want to cook at lunchtime. This is the meal that gets me every time. Have you any suggestions for quick, no cook meal appease?

Batch cooking seems to be the best bet here really.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Sandwiches and wraps are very popular choices for lunch for the reasons you mentioned.

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    If lunch is a struggle can you cook extra for evening dinner and then eat leftovers for lunch?

I eat a lot of leftovers for lunch, but also sometimes a frozen meal, canned soup, ham sandwich, yogurt with granola and hardboiled egg, easy 5 minute sunny side up eggs with toast.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Meal prep ahead of time.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I am not much of a cook in general.

My lunch every day is 2 servings of cottage cheese and a yogurt for a 300 calorie lunch.

As it gets cold, I might swap those out for some canned progresso soup.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    My lunch is usually whatever I cooked the night before for dinner.
    Only me and my husband so I make enough for 3 and pack it up when it done cooking and put it in the fridge so it's ready for me to grab in the morning.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I never cook for lunch. I eat bread with cheese or meat. And some fruit and/or yogurt.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Sandwich. Salad. Leftovers to pop in the microwave. Frozen meals to pop in the microwave. Tuna on crackers.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    No cooking. Grab N Go Tuna, salmon packs, tinned fishes, olive packs, bagged greens, dressing, hard boiled eggs, jerky, nuts, fruits, condiments and other tiddlywinks like O Snap makes. Green beans, pea, carrots, pickle packs. There's those cute and adorable quest bars, protein powders of every variety and foofoo waters.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Hummous, with oatcakes, tomatoes, and olives.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    My lunch is usually whatever I cooked the night before for dinner.
    Only me and my husband so I make enough for 3 and pack it up when it done cooking and put it in the fridge so it's ready for me to grab in the morning.

Also, on days that I don't have leftovers ... I grab a ready made bagged salad from the grocery, pack it in my lunch bag with a cold pack and salad dressing and a bowl or tupperware container throw some snacks in there and i'm good to go!
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Cook extra in your evening meal, that's gotta be the easy way here.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Over the years, I have done a lot of the above:

1. Sandwiches
    2. Dinner leftovers
    3. Meal prep on weekends

Also protein powder smoothies, to which I add carbs, fat, and fiber for balanced macros and satiety.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Sounds weird but I prefer something liquid at work so I don’t take too long chewing something so I found I buy the carton of broth there’s a pho, ramen and miso flavored ones and it a big carton I’ll drink that whole thing and be full. Or drink half and have like a epic meat snack with it, or a bar. I don’t warm it either. Or I was doing a soup and a meal replacement drink.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Cottage chees is something else I’d be se with salsa and avacado
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I do soup, cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, or a protein bar. Lately I really haven't been been putting a lot of effort in for eating lunch and just go for a walk instead.
  • mjparker625
    mjparker625 Posts: 7 Member
    Soup or salad is my go to for lunch right now