Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,002 Member
    Happy Monday! :) Thanks everyone, I do feel much better today. I do have a message in to my doctor through my portal. I am going for a blood test next Monday so asked to add a couple more. So hopefully, I can get to the bottom of this and move on. Since I couldn't do laundry Friday that is on today's agenda along with cleaning my bathrooms. Exciting huh??

Anne, I am so happy your holiday went well with Michael and Jilly. I guess I don't remember that Michael had a 30 year old son. Both grandsons names start with a D, intentional???

Bob, love that version of my prayer by Celine and Andrea, gives me the chills. The funny thing about Charlie is she usually is all smiles for pictures, I don't think she liked him wearing a mask but we did. Too bad you weren't in my area we could have had you take outside pictures which we love.

Patsy, another happy occasion with your son's birthday. Someday we will get back to some sort of normal, at least I hope so. Lot's of rioting going on in Portland with knocking statues over. How I pray this stops and people can get together again without all this diversion.

Lin, sorry about your internet, I hope it is fine today or we will miss your daily tea pot.

Jackie, I hope you had a restful evening after your busy day.

Time to try and eat something. Have a great day and please stay safe.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,047 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hello, Internet on and off. Cell service works for Facebook but not for MFP, it must be a bandwidth hog.

Yesterday sounds a-okay for everyone. Except Sandy’s tummy and Patsy’s son who needed cheering up.

I spent the day reading and doing puzzles.

8z5t8fkk5yuj.jpeg

Ignore this one if horrible junk food repulses you.

34nbn64hpfz1.jpeg

Here’s a teapot. It did not come with any information. But there was a lot of positive reaction from the teapot community.

ogltc7r14wc2.jpeg

I am doing laundry today, hunting for certain colors of cardstock for a project I started last winter. There is a sale tomorrow at a relatively local store and I can call in an order, so I am doing lots of hunting, sorting and thinking. 🙃 The original cardstock is no longer sold and I was sold on those colors.

All best wishes to my Sneaker friends.

Waving to all of you but must trot along.

Lin
    🙋🏼‍♀️❤️❤️

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Murky, wet and cold so a typical Autumnal day. I took the dogs on to the moors knowing we would get soaked but at least my new jacket really is waterproof so the rain ran off.
    kox49gk39o65.jpeg

A pottering sort of a day as I start to go through the bags and boxes of items that were put out of the way when all this work started. The paperwork is the worst but I’m getting there!
    An easy meal this evening of salad with baked calamari. The log burner is lit in my bolt hole and pets are congregating for a quiet evening.
    Good to read Sandy is feeling better so it probably was the flu jab, mind you with the constant activities I’d be feeling a bit tired!

There was a small museum not far from the street I grew up on in London that housed mostly Oriental items and since entry was free we kids spent a lot of time looking at everything on display so today’s teapot is a blast from the past!

Oven beeping at me....
    Jackie
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 176 Member
    With all of the discussion of music I need to put my took cents in also. Love most classical, music from the late 50s and 60s and a bit of 70s too. Bobs choices could be found at my house too and his latest reference to Bocelli and Celine an absolute favorite not to forget Josh Grobans music too. With introduction to country western music when I lived in Calgary you will still find that and folk music too. Much prefer this to tv as well as a good book. Looking forward to the fall/winter seasons where you will find me doing the above. It used to be snow skiing, but sadly those days are gone. Gradually making changes to a new stage in life.... Enjoy your day everyone.

Diane
  • linder4866
    Good morning. Hello Diane 🙋🏼‍♀️

Music is a popular topic here of late. ☺️

I have lots of errands on tap today. Meanwhile, sure, a teapot.

My other charity shop purchase today

“Arthur Wood 'Chocolate Box' teapot” date unknown

abvwl08onb89.jpeg

❤️❤️
    Lin
  • pinkperil
    Another cold and wet start to the day and as I drove on to the moors I had the sun in my eyes at the same time as pouring rain but the benefit of that was a double rainbow. We walked for about half an hour then it was home to dry towels for the dogs and coffee for me. I’ve since been to a store that usually carries everything you could possibly want from clothing and gardening to stationery and new kitchens. They do seem to be struggling to obtain supplies because there were lots of empty spaces and no sign of shelves being restocked. I did manage to find a new dog bed, gardening gloves and a pack of onion sets to over winter at the allotment.

Lin, I meant to answer your query before as to whether I anticipated the electrician taking so long and must own up to it being mostly my fault as I add extra jobs to the day’s schedule. Each time he had to return home for an extra powerful drill and bit so I can’t complain because he is always accommodating.
    A pretty teapot today with its autumnal colours.

Diane, it seems most of us love a healthy eclectic mix of music favourites. Folk was my first love as well as jazz after my sister-in-law introduced me to Jean Christian Michel who plays clarinet in his own styled mix of jazz and classical music. Patsy probably knows him since it’s her sort of Sunday morning listening! Now I’ve reminded myself I’ll have to dig out one of his vinyls.

The weather isn’t getting any more cheerful so having enjoyed a mushroom omelette for lunch I will press on with sorting Papers! 🙄😴

Text from electrician just arrived. Looks like Thursday or Friday next week... can’t wait!

Happy Tuesday everyone. Stay safe.
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    We've just got back from a long walk in sunshine and my new fleecy hoody. COZY.
    Before that I made my cabbage in a creamy onion sauce covered in mashed potatoes and baked in the oven. This dish would be great with pork chops but for me a sort of vegetarian shepherds pie. (I'm all turkeyed out!) It's a favourite for me.

Nothing else to report except Mark and Mary Jo showed up yesterday and when they left Maria came over with Tony and whispered in my ear so he couldn't hear what she wanted to confide. I tried to move away but Jilly on her leash blocked the path! So......Tony just out of hospital and Maria had 9 family members over for dinner despite the governments warning! Just telling you in case I'm flat on my back next week! Lol --- or not. Came in and washed my face, ears and cleaned my teeth. Call me paranoid.

Meanwhile back at the old homestead I must get weaving as we used to say in Yorkshire which means of course I must get on,

Bye, Anne 💜
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Breezy and very rainy. But not too cold. Thank goodness! Katie is snuggling in for another nap. She hates getting wet. I think she is waiting for the rain to let up before she does her big outdoor examination of the premises. That is her daily job.

Anne: That event with your friend would be terrifying for me. We continue to have more and more cases here in our little county. We have very friendly sweet neighbors and as one of them walks over to chat, I put up my hand to motion them to stop...we will chat from a distance. At my age, this virus would be “curtains” for me and also John. And this neighbor seems to have a lot of family BBQs etc. no masks or distancing.

Jackie: I keep hearing about this winter being a hard time. Good that you are keeping a little extra food in case of lockdown. Being county people, we always keep a well stocked pantry. It is how I grew up. My dad was an organic gardener and so was my grandmother. They had huge well tended gardens that provided produce for the entire family and surrounding friends. Canning, freezing bags of veggies, making sausage and even cheese was a family event.

Lin: cute little teapot. That obviously can be used to serve hot chocolate as well. Perfect!

Diane: hello! So happy you are joining us. As my nearest neighbor, we keep a close eye on you California residents. We share the same concerns about weather etc. Many Californians have relocated here.

Music has been important in my life forever. Not the way I would like. I have no ability to make music, only to listen. I can honestly say I love all kinds of music. Even rap and some of the new music. John is not so inclined. I have known many musicians and they all say they really need to play music for other ears. They normally love to play with other musicians but they must have an audience to really make their amazing sounds. Okay! They need us!

Coffee mug in hand, wearing my old blue hoody sweatshirt, Katie and I will check out the neighborhood.

Be careful and stay healthy.
    Patsy☘️
  • Sandydur
    Happy Tuesday! :) Tummy doing much better and my doctor has added an additional blood test just to be sure it isn't celiac disease. One day at a time but the IBSolution herbal pills seem to be working. This afternoon is sitting day so hopefully it will be warm enough to go outside, otherwise we hang in the finished basement.

Anne, I am the same way when people get to close, what part of social distancing don't they understand??

Jackie, it still amazes me that you don't mind walking in the rain, I would hate it!! I am glad the electrician is coming to finish the electrical work, at least I hope he finishes.

Lin, it seems one errand turns into many errands but I guess it is better to get them done in one day rather than many.

Diane, I used to snow ski when I was younger but not very good. I loved the after ski much better with hot wine. lol

Hello to everyone else, time to eat. Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Morning flew by… Rained earlier and clearing now. Usual 5am gym, back home filled back up on coffee / news, then hot shower, photo edits, prepared lunch salad, inside walking with Jean at mall & got those 10k steps (social distancing pretty easy and stores in photo were open), cooked main lunch meal of Chicken breast, veggies etc. and now it’s 3pm…

526lwrhnwhp3.jpg

inbc138tr465.jpg

Sandy – Glad you’re feeling better! Always good to follow those blood tests. I miss some medical processes, but find having a portal to access all the information is great. Alawyas gives you a chance to digest information and then ask informed questions, if needed. Friday sounds interesting LOL. While, I always clean up my daily bathroom mess – Jean loves doing a major clean every Sunday – fresh towels folded like a B&B, major disinfecting etc. I mean – I walk into the bathroom and think I am in a hotel. One of those things she likes to do and I certainly notice.

I love the music of Celine and Andrea… I have several CD’s. For me, Celine has seems to have lost a few pounds to many – but that is her own personal business, I guess. I don’t think she asked for my opinion LOL.

Lin – The clown fish remind me of the grandkids… they each have their own “named” clown fish. Hope you made out on that “sale” you mentioned.

Jackie – Love those photos – rain, shine or fog. Baked calamari sounded great – been a long time since I made baked squid rings coated in panko crumbs for that crunch taste.

Diane – It does sound like we have similar music taste. Love Groban too! Here is a pic I took from a distance when he was in town. With country music, I lean a bit toward the more mature (LOL) like George Strait, Reba, Dolly, The Mavericks, The Highwaymen etc.

wdahg65sh17s.jpg

Time to get a few other things done! Have a great night. Bob
  • pinkperil

A beautiful day although there’s a cold easterly wind from either Scandinavia or Russia. After just a banana for breakfast I took the pooches to the top moor for our daily constitutional and pretty well had the place to ourselves. According to my phone I did just short of 6000 steps by midday so by the end of the day should have exceeded last weeks daily average.
    ddgcbafld9bb.jpeg
    lhwcogicimxr.jpeg
    438vwq2lqjls.jpeg

George couldn’t resist clambering down to the pool for a paddle but Betty wasn’t impressed!

Goodness Bob, how on earth will those shops survive with so few customers? Are they still restricted with lockdown rules or are people doing everything online now?
    Another extremely tasty meal by the looks of it and you have reminded me there are more things to be done with the allotment grown red onions hanging in my garage to dry. I have to wear glasses when slicing them because otherwise their strength has my eyes streaming!!

Anne, just as Patsy says, anyone thoughtless enough to get too close to me gets a raised hand or obvious backwards steps. Think what they like, it’s common sense not paranoia. No doubt your dear neighbour has a lot on her mind and none of us would envy her situation.

Sandy, would I be out walking in torrential rain if I didn’t have the dogs? No!! The late mother of a friend would always say if faces were pulled at the thought of going out in the rain, you’re not made of sugar!! That stays with me and I often can be found out on the moors in such weather laughing to myself at the thought. Perhaps that’s why people avoid me rather than any social distancing 🤪

Low battery again... back later.
    A safe and pleasant Wednesday to you all.
    Jackie

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Morning! I've just wrapped the family Christmas gifts - just in case! Lol.
    Normally I would have stepped back JACKIE but with the fence behind me, Jilly on her leash, Tony to the side of me and Maria in front of me I couldn't go anywhere, well and truly cornered. I thought Maria looked care worn and definitely older since Tony's illness. She was telling me they have moved downstairs now because of Tony's nocturnal wandering. Guess she's scared he falls down the rather modern style stairs. She had cooked for six adults and five grandchildren. Golly I was worn out just feeding me and Michael!
    Anyway I will keep a very wide berth of everyone from now on and whip out my mask if cornered again.
    I didn't expect to bump into anyone so hadn't one with me! Your photos are gorgeous and little Betty looks very trim.

When I went to the dentist BOB our mall looked like yours.......empty. I never thought I would order Christmas gifts, clothes and food online. "The times they are a-changing"!

Well, after trying to make the Xmas parcels look exciting with what materials I had left over from last year I'll mozie off and take my patient little pup out in empty of school kids and parents streets.

All the best to everyone,
    Anne 🙃🐶❤️
  • linder4866
    edited October 2020
    Hello. Well, one day did not clear up everything but there is a dent! This morning, I picked up a little order from the grocery store. So many merchants are chiming in on Amazon’s Prime Days, including this store so I got 10% off my order today. That made the disruption to my morning worthwhile. I was able to get some more water softener salt in the small 25 lb. bags. Wahoo! Much easier to sling those around.

And yes, I availed myself of the sales yesterday. Amazon as well as two retailers that sell card stock and other card making supplies. Some very good deals but not like Bob’s deals from J.C. Penney.

I had a little something for a friend and gosh, I have no gift bags or wrapping paper. I used some fairly unloved 12 X 12 paper to use and fashioned some wrapping. I think I will need more Scotch tape! Now to get this over to her. She lives on the far Northwest corner of the metro. The wind is howling again today and my sinuses are having discussions with me. 😂

Colder weather is on the way and maybe even a snow flurry by Monday. Oh darn.

Jackie, when I had Huskies, there was no question, dog walks every day. Rain, heat, snow storms, cold. We were out there. The only time the dogs didn’t want to go that far occurred when they developed ice balls in their paws and started to limp. I adore dogs but I must say I do not miss freezing in the winter and getting soaked in warmer weather. Lovely photos once again. Having a space to yourselves is great!

Anne, I am sorry your neighbor was so inconsiderate. People! I do hope you stay well. ❤️❤️ Speaking of going to the dentist, are you healing up with no problems? With all the talk about the poor empty malls, I did speak with a friend who used to walk at the mall everyday, before covid, she has been back a few times but while there aren’t many people, she said they are not wearing masks and walk much too close to her, so she isn’t going often.

Bob, question regarding your cooking, do you cook big vegetable spaghetti squash once a week, twice? And then use leftovers each day? I love these squash but cleaning and cooking them is a downright nasty chore! Tell me your secrets please. Oh and I got a lovely organic red pepper in my order today. My salad will be enhanced. 😃

Sandy, I hope you continue to feel better. I remember all the unhappy times before I had an upper endoscopy to diagnosis celiac sprue. The biopsy results were lost before they got to my doctor so he ran blood work. I always wondered why he didn’t just run the blood work to start with and spare me the other test. But that was a long time ago, probably the endoscopy was the gold standard test at the time. I hope you do not have it!

Patsy, I have never had a dog that worried much about getting wet. That is unique! Coffee, hoodie and some music. Perfect day.

Diane, when I was married, we tried cross country skiing for a while. Didn’t really love it. My hubby had done a bit of downhill in his late teens. He loved snow and cold weather.

Well, finished doing my church clerk duties for right now. One of the things I let slide more often than I care to as it but I am caught up for now. Yeah!

I spent a lot of time on the phone late yesterday afternoon. It was lovely to talk to one of my friends. Although we have sent texts, I hadn’t heard her voice for oh so long. It was lovely to have a give and take conversation. ❤️❤️ The other friend I spoke to, I just wanted to talk about one thing and said I would let her go so she could work in her garden again but she she no, it was too windy and wanted to take some more. That removed my guilt! 😁

Oh and I did get all the final pumpkins on the Halloween cards and they are in their envelopes. Ready to be sealed and sent. Ha, too early!

Here’s a morning teapot. No description but I am in a loving blue mood. 💙💙

ucdybsucje3f.jpeg

Take care.

Lin
    ❤️❤️

• jwubben6600
    Wednesday! I used to think....okay! We are almost to the weekend! Sleep late on Saturday, big Sunday breakfast with everyone in pjs and listening to our kids music. They actually had pretty good taste in music. They even tolerated some of my classics. Long ago...and far away............

Partly cloudy and very cool. Can Halloween really be right around the corner? No trick or treaters brave enough time wonder down our winding country road with tall dark forests on each side. Even I get nervous strolling back from the mail box. Katie sticks right by my side until she spots a creature of some kind. Maybe a mouse or chipmunk. Much barking and fake chase out into the trees.

Christmas gifts are an absolute bust for us! Our son just moved into a much smaller rental house until he finds just the right house nearer his boat. He has his garage and the spare bedroom stacked with boxes of stored belongings. So, no presents except maybe some exotic food and our daughter and family always want money instead of actual gifts. This holiday will require some creative approaches.

We now have a few masks sitting in a basket by the back door. If we head out the door, it is very convenient to grab a mask and put it in our jacket pocket, ready if needed! I also have a little container for dirty masks sitting on the washing machine.

I guess I will fix some sort of salmon tonight. Easy peasy! Salmon and a nice salad. Done!

You are never far from my thoughts!
    Patsy☘️
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Started the day messing with Jean on social media, as she slept LOL. I took a cell phone pic from last weekend and inserted her into a meteorologist background & posted to her social media. Everyone had a good laugh.

8dvt4o56ma7e.jpg

At gym, I spent the whole time listening to Harry Chapin…such a humanitarian and died so young in a car accident. In addit to Taxi, Circle etc – always thought “A Better Place to Be” about a one-night stand reportedly in Watertown (about 1 hr from where I live). Came out to a wonderful sunrise after working out.

Jean had to take her older friend to an appointment, so for lunch I made a Buffalo burger with huge salad and butternut squash! Tasted great.

ubq7as59bxzo.jpg

Jackie – Great job on steps and another lovely landscape pic. You’re right about the stores and “several” did not make it thru the last 6 months….also 2 main anchors went bankrupt and are closing (Lord & Taylor & JC Penney).

The mall is back open with reg sched as of 1-2 weeks ago. Weekends are busy (we avoid) but early morning during the week is not crowded at all. Not sure how it will all shake out… Nordstrom Rack, Macy’s and lower or middle priced stores appear ok… but I still shake my head when I look at Armani, Brooks Bros., Coach…and “Untuck-It” is soon to open a new store. I see very few customers in higher-end). ALL SOCIAL DISTANCING & MASKS STILL REQUIRED throughout mall and all stores…but all hours normal now. Smaller stores limited on number of customers allowed.

Anne – With regards to mall – it certainly isn’t back to “normal” levels by a long shot! I see your “Bob Dylan” is coming out… LOL

Lin – In recent months, I have been on squash over-load. The grocery store is in the same strip as the gym and I buy fresh “small” ones every other day. Jean doesn’t like spaghettis squash, but it works great for me and my dietary plans. I did made butternut squash this morning and Jean loved it for lunch. So basically, I make it fresh almost every day in place of pasta or potato etc. As for cooking – I always wash off thoroughly – but after that, I cook it all different ways 90% baked in oven and 10% microwave. Sometimes I just cut in half, clean out, spray with avocado or olive oil, sprinkle a little salt/pepper and bake, other times I pre-chop into cubes and spaghetti squash I will bake and then diversify topping (sauce, butter whatever) for each meal.

Mail just came and I see the Computer Web Cam I just ordered YESTERDAY (Amazon Prime Days) is here… so want to sneak away and check it out / install. Have a great afternoon! Bob
  • Sandydur
    edited October 2020
    Happy Wednesday! :) Waiting for my grocer order to be picked up. So far one substitution of breakfast turkey sausage patties to sausage links which is ok. Of course they are out of lysol but I try every week. I just ordered a Ninja XL air fryer from Amazon. I heard they are wonderful so I am going to give it a try. I guess it is an early Christmas present to myself.
    I didn't see any markdown so I don't think I got a deal from Amazon Prime Days. I spent most of my morning trying to balance my check book which I finally found the error do to my own fault of posting a bill twice. Ugh

Bob, I wonder if squash would affect me like cauliflower. Right now I am eating mashed potatoes from a bag which just requires water. Did Jean mind you adding to her Facebook, you little devil you.

Patsy, yes all the holidays will be different this year and who knows about next year?? Now there are a few who are getting reinfected so how long will this go on?

Lin, I hope the blood work shows something but nothing serious. If not I will request a cat scan or the dreaded other test. Right now the best thing is to eat nothing but of course that is not an option. lol

Jackie, great pictures again and congrats on the steps. I know Barbie walks in any weather like you and the mailman so kudos to both of you.

Just got the email my order is ready so must finish getting ready. Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Another busy day over so I’ve just set the alarm in my phone to get me up early to walk the dogs before driving to pick up the Victorian fireside chair bought on eBay. It’s forecast to be a dry and bright day again and Somerset where I’m going is a pretty county so I’ll enjoy the run out. It will be the furthest my new car has travelled too after over 6 months pottering during lockdown!
    The car interior has been vacuumed and a new dash cam set up after a few recent appalling drivers came close to driving into me. Yesterday it was someone overtaking a cyclist at speed on a blind bend that came straight at me and since our local police now have a system set up whereby video evidence can be sent for them to use in evidence I’m joining “Big Brother” in their efforts to curb such idiots.
    This evening I put another rose gold colour in my hair just for the fun of it but now it’s bedtime. I’ll check in when I get home with my latest purchase.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    4ou0fb0cefik.jpeg
  • linder4866
    Joining in with birthday wishes.

px8ioapz90c7.jpeg

Lin
    ❤️❤️
  • jwubben6600
    💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕Oh my dearest friend! How can another year gone by? I must say, you are forever young, full of adventure and with a stalwart determination, a wonderfully naughty sense of humor, a tender heart and a an ability to remain everyone’s favorite. On your birthday, know how very much you are loved. You might forget to remember you are the kind of friend everyone needs and wants. Happy birthday sweet Anne.💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕😘💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
    Patsy☘️