Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Given that we moved at the beginning of July, we had large piles of deconstructed cardboard boxes in unused corners. They are now all either bagged or boxed and in one large pile in the garage, and I am researching recycling options. We're going to borrow a truck soon, so it makes sense to take them somewhere in one go when we have the truck.

Last time I moved I advertised all the boxes as a free giveaway on a local Facebook group. They were snapped up almost immediately. The guy who took them was moving his mother and was very thankful to get them all. You could try something like that.

• tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 158 Member
    Even though I am not much of a clutterbug I would also keep things "just in case" No more. I moved twice in the past year and I'm continuing to downsize. Any clothes that don't fit by the end of year are going. I also realized I had stuff for the life I thought I was going to have. I live in the woods during a pandemic with a bunch of crystal. I'll put that in the "to go" pile too.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Spent a day this week shredding boxes of paperwork that went back as far as 1989. It was a job I'd been putting off for way too long but it's done now. It probably took a lot longer than it should have as some of it invoked memories of days out, holidays, etc.

Anyone want some animal bedding?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @Sand_TIger I knew someone who saved all of their old foil tv dinner trays. Had them stacked all over the garage. They're gone now, didn't seem like a hoarder just liked certain things. Containers, tv dinner trays, country magazines, readers digest and old newspapers. Stacked floor to ceiling in the garage. Could not drive a vehicle in there. Those had to sit outside in the brutal winters while that stuff sat safely inside.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    edited October 2020
    @KeriA

Excellent job you have done de-cluttering your house and fixing your finances during the pandemic, and on top of that losing weight. You should feel proud of yourself. Keep up the good work!

@Diatonic12

Good grief, my husband will not allow the cars to spend anytime whatsoever ever outside the garage. And we don't have snow or cold winters in my neck of the woods. He probably will not object to me sleeping in the garage, but the cars... :'( ? No way! On the other hand, our garage could use a nice cleaning and de-cluttering, but I am not doing that on my own.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @Sand_TIger I knew someone who saved all of their old foil tv dinner trays. Had them stacked all over the garage. They're gone now, didn't seem like a hoarder just liked certain things. Containers, tv dinner trays, country magazines, readers digest and old newspapers. Stacked floor to ceiling in the garage. Could not drive a vehicle in there. Those had to sit outside in the brutal winters while that stuff sat safely inside.

Yeah - I wonder what a person would do with that many dinner trays? I just hope they were clean! Most of my old cruddy plastic containers are gone and I never saved too terribly many of those. :)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @Sand_TIger o:) I don't what in the world they were thinking. Perhaps, making their own tv dinners one day. Sigh and alas, it never happened and they were all thrown into the bin.

giphy.gif

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!