Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    @sleepymom5 - So glad you're back with us! No need to read through everything, just jump in wherever feels right to you. :heart:

@kittengirl88 - Hope you're feeling better! Allergies are rough, especially ones that are out of the blue like that. Take all the time you need

@Cafelelia - Do you have any leftovers???? I have a very empty fridge

@goingape - That sounds like an MRI to me. Although, admittedly, I haven't had every type of scan the hospital has to offer.

@kandi3570 - How do you eat so few calories and feel full? I feel like anything less than 1500 and my stomach would be angrily rumbling like the Cave of Wonders.

@kiane50 - Unfortunately, this is not my first spinal tap, but at least I know what to expect. Maybe it will be less painful the third time through. :sweat_smile:

Lookin' good, @debbiewsharpe !!! :wink:
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/12 steps 9716
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Check-in: Monday 12th Oct
    Food: Logged and over (forgot to post)
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: None

I guess not a terrible start back, could have been better. I snacked too much and didn't exercise. I also am not feeling right. I am tired which is understandable, I also hurt from my waist down-lower back, hips and knees and I feel like my legs are weak. I have to push off when I stand up or I can't get up. I am 54 so I don't think I should be feeling like this. I don't know if it is because I haven't been working out including my PT or if it is something I should be concerned about. I am going to give it the rest of the week to just get back into my normal routine and if I am still feeling like this I will make an appointment to see the doctor. My daughter in law is an OT so I am going to ask her for some exercises to do for strengthening my legs.

Today-I am going to be mindful of my hunger and only snack if I am hungry. I also am going to go for a walk and do PT today. I can surely fit that in right? Hopefully a better check in tomorrow. Have a great day today everyone!

Welcome to @kittengirl88 and @kiane50 I am very late and need to read your intros. I promise I will catch up soon. Seems like you both are already comfortable and part of the team. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

@1theresamcvean, @pacsnc6 Thanks! I missed you all too!
    @kittengirl88 Oh no! That must have been scary! I am glad you are ok now.
    @Cafelelia Ugh! What bad timing for the dishwasher to go. I am waiting for mine to because I want to get a new one but maybe I should be careful what I wish for lol! I am glad that you had a nice Thanksgiving. I was thinking...maybe you need a fire pit for your outdoor space for the cooler weather? Although Canada is much colder than Pa...
    @kandi3570 I feel like I start to slip if I don't check in daily. I guess it is about being accountable. When I am not checking in, I feel like if I have something I wouldn't normally or don't exercise-no one knows. Even though the end result is still not good lol! I also learn so much from everyone.
    @GingerPwr I hope things are well with you. I appreciate teachers more than ever now a days. Don't get me wrong, I always did but these are tough times.
    @debbiewsharpe I missed you too! I am going to have to add the elbow exercise in too! Love the before and after pic lol!
    @minstrelofsarcasm You are WAY younger than me but at some point my body stopped liking dairy, especially ice cream. I can't have it unless I am at home (I won't get into details ;) ) Now time to put my money where my mouth is, I am home and the bike is in the basement. I do like being outdoors more but I am going to start getting back into using that bike and taking the classes we are paying for Lol!
    @Freeglerock You are so pretty! I love your glasses! I am glad you took that second shot because I didn't realize what a nice color they are. I am going to have to get new ones soon and I am dreading it. I was thinking I should start looking now but I am guessing with Covid they don't want us just waltzing in without a prescription just to try glasses on Lol!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I have had plenty of MRI's, they give you headphones and let you pick your music. They tell you how long each section takes. I just kept my eyes closed the entire time and thought of things I had to get done. Made the time go by much quicker.

@sleepymom5 glad your back.

Well I'm hoping to see a little loss on the scale this week seeing I can barely eat anything. I have to eat all soft foods and chew really well. Each meal takes 30 to 60 minutes to eat. I guess that's how they tell you to eat anyway. It's raining here today, i was going to try to walk around my backyard for a little exercise. Maybe tomorrow. I just feel I need to move.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Monday check in
    Yesterday was officially Thanksgiving, but I did a longer fast as we had the big meal on Sunday. There were plenty of leftovers for supper, and I did have one last little piece of pumpkin pie. It is nice to be back to a routine today and with an empty house as the kids are in school today and my husband is at work. A few of my work files are on a pause until the end of the month, so I am actually getting a few things done on my to do list today. Our new lockdown does not feel that much different for us, but I will start missing restaurants once it gets too cold for outdoor dining. The weather is so nice, so I will head out for a walk shortly.

@sleepymom5 - Yup, I have looked at outdoor fire pits, but the problem is that nobody will want to sit outside when there is snow on the ground. I am thinking of somehow outfitting our garage as an entertaining space (garage door & windows open obviously). It is one of those garages that is detached from the house, so it may work. Not sure I could put a fire pit in there, but I am going to ask an engineer friend what our best heating options are. I am so sorry about your legs and that is something that you might want to get checked out if it does not get better in a few days. You could just be exhausted from everything, but always good to speak to a doctor. Take good care

@Freeglerock - I love your glasses and you look so cute! Your face also looks slimmer from what I can recollect from you past photos posted. You look great!

@minstrelofsarcasm - Omg yes, we have leftovers. My husband and I have done so much family/large group hosting in our time, so it was really hard for us to recalibrate Thanksgiving for just 4 people. It appears we still made supper for 15! Thank goodness that the dishwasher broke and not the freezer!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @CassieGetsFit2013

I've had a few MRI's. They do usually give you headphones to block out some of the noise and that's how they talk with you.
    You do have to lay still while they record the images but it's for a little while and then you can relax. Then they take some more images. They walk you through the whole thing. Tell the tech you are anxious. They are usually pretty nice and if they are able will talk with you during it.

Call and tell your doctor are anxious and concerned about it. In my area they have MRI's that are more open and they use those for people who are claustrophobic or who are too large to fit in the more enclosed ones. See if you are able to get an appointment for one of the more open ones.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @debbiewsharpe
    You will get back on track.😁

Thanks for all your prayers. I'm glad all the tests turned out ok.

I like his idea of the water challenge too,now I just need to start doing it.😊
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm some days I am hungrier than others. I tend to eat more on the weekends when I am home. I eat at my work lunch and then at dinner. Mainly high protein and fat. I avoid a lot of carbs. If I avoid carbs I eat less and I’m not hungry. I eat a lot of vegetables. And Monday Wednesday and Thursday evenings I’m at a game and ready to fall over when that’s over.

Calories 1300. I had Arby’s for dinner. It was a Reuben so at least t wasn’t deep fried. I’m only at 9000 steps and I had big plans to get things done around the house but my tendinitis is hurting today so, I mean I’m going to get some things done, but I’m definitely not up for scrubbing woodwork and cleaning out cabinets. Which was the plan. My daughter was at an 8th grade tournament game and by the time I had gone shopping and got back I ran out of time before I picked her up to do a lot of what I wanted to accomplish. Today she also forgot her shorts so I had to deal with that before I went to ups, Home Depot, and Walmart after work. Which for me is a 45 minute drive one way. But she’s getting better, we now double count knee pads and shoes when she’s packing. 😂. I swear she wears me out sometimes. Last week it was one knee pad on 2 different days. Then 1 shoe on game day. And her cheer bow once. Which she got stuck in her Velcro on the field and I spent 20 minutes trying to get it out because 4 7th grades had had their hands in it. I call her crazy curly red hair Velcro because I’ve literally found toys in it before, that she didn’t even know was there. If I were smart I would pack her stuff. But at 12 what does that teach her?
    So on weekdays I’m too busy running in circles to be hungry. 🤷‍♀️🙄. And most days are 16 hour days and 12 of them are away from home. And volleyball and cheer are both over after this week but basketball starts Monday. I’ve attached a picture of said Velcro. Which is beautiful, but absolutely a pain in the but.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Just popping in to share some pupper love. My two cousins (who are identical twins) have very similar dogs. They get together every week for a catch up. I have photos lol. First Miss Casey, and then Miss Mia.

wrt2m21w2ppf.jpg

wzhqukmi28op.jpg

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Tuesday steps 7027
    Monday steps 6392
    Sunday steps 5548

Water- probably averaging 32 oz day

Logging breakfast and lunch okay, still am exhausted after work and skipping logging dinner. Healthy choices tonight, not as good last night. And a bit more snacking...

Walking about 20 minutes every morning before work, but it’s so stinkin’ dark now!

I am wondering if maybe I’m peri menopausal. I am not one to be tired for so long, a few weeks in a row now. I tried to change my work schedule to shorten my days so I wouldn’t be so burnt out, but it fell through which is a bummer. My physical is in Dec so I’ll talk to doc about it then.

@Cafelelia I know what you’re going through with the appliance issues. My clothes dryer drum somehow got a hole in it, and a zipper on a vest got caught in it this weekend, which made the hole all sharp and jagged around the edges! Now I have to replace the dryer, and it’ll be early November thanks to Covid backlog.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all, had a couple days now of eating way too much pie and thanksgiving leftovers. Its out of my system now and I’m ready to get back on track with my regular eating schedule.

I have still been doing my c25K and usual exercises classes so that’s doing good. I’m on week 7 day 3 of c25k and have been jogging for 2.5 miles. Need to figure out the mileage per hour a bit better. My app is the free version so it doesn’t do the extra stats.

Fall has landed here and I’m ready to finish the put away of outside decor and furniture. I’ve already got my plants clipped and tidied away.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    Check-in: Sun 11th Oct

Guess who needed to get glasses???  And hour later, after Ben tried on every kids pair of glasses, he made a bold blue glasses choice.  Think he is secretly quite excited about getting them, and for now will just need them for reading. Whilst there I picked up my new glasses.  They are deeper frames than I am used to, will take a while for my head to adjust to the different distortions! I love glasses, but not sure either of the pairs I chose suit me (unfortunately my usual shape style appears not to be the fashion at the moment, and I have very bad eyes so thin metal frames are out of the questions!)

I love glasses too. Good thing because I wear them. I really like your glasses and love how you have the two different looks. I also think it's lovely that Ben found a bold blue pair that he is excited about. I have four pairs right now that I like. Sunglasses with all three distances. Computer only ones with lovely blue and brown frames. My everyday blue ones. Plus one more pair of blue. Like Ben, I'm all about blue frames right now.

p.s. I love the word 'lark.' I love it.
  • 1theresamcvean
    sleepymom5 wrote: »

I guess not a terrible start back, could have been better. I snacked too much and didn't exercise. I also am not feeling right. I am tired which is understandable, I also hurt from my waist down-lower back, hips and knees and I feel like my legs are weak. I have to push off when I stand up or I can't get up. I am 54 so I don't think I should be feeling like this. I don't know if it is because I haven't been working out including my PT or if it is something I should be concerned about. I am going to give it the rest of the week to just get back into my normal routine and if I am still feeling like this I will make an appointment to see the doctor. My daughter in law is an OT so I am going to ask her for some exercises to do for strengthening my legs.

Oh, no. I really hope it is just from exercise. If so, you're killing it. If not, it's killing you (kidding). Pay close attention and take care. xo
  • 1theresamcvean
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    😂. I swear she wears me out sometimes. Last week it was one knee pad on 2 different days. Then 1 shoe on game day. And her cheer bow once. Which she got stuck in her Velcro on the field and I spent 20 minutes trying to get it out because 4 7th grades had had their hands in it. I call her crazy curly red hair Velcro because I’ve literally found toys in it before, that she didn’t even know was there. If I were smart I would pack her stuff. But at 12 what does that teach her?
    So on weekdays I’m too busy running in circles to be hungry. 🤷‍♀️🙄. And most days are 16 hour days and 12 of them are away from home. And volleyball and cheer are both over after this week but basketball starts Monday. I’ve attached a picture of said Velcro. Which is beautiful, but absolutely a pain in the but.

Your daughter has beautiful hair, Kandi.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Just popping in to share some pupper love. My two cousins (who are identical twins) have very similar dogs. They get together every week for a catch up. I have photos lol. First Miss Casey, and then Miss Mia.

Thanks for sharing Casey and Mia. So cute!
  • 1theresamcvean
    goingape wrote: »
    Hi all, had a couple days now of eating way too much pie and thanksgiving leftovers. Its out of my system now and I’m ready to get back on track with my regular eating schedule.

I have still been doing my c25K and usual exercises classes so that’s doing good. I’m on week 7 day 3 of c25k and have been jogging for 2.5 miles. Need to figure out the mileage per hour a bit better. My app is the free version so it doesn’t do the extra stats.

Fall has landed here and I’m ready to finish the put away of outside decor and furniture. I’ve already got my plants clipped and tidied away.

I hear you, April. I don't usually eat so many carbs but boy was the food delicious.
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    @sleepymom5 thanks for the welcome. I had a crazy day at work. Sometimes it’s not easy to get people into treatment for substance abuse (I do reception, intake, insurance, county funding for mental health and substance abuse) but I will always go the extra mile for someone who wants to battle the terrible disease of alcohol or drug abuse! Sometimes it gives me frustration between trying to get it all to work but I made it through another day and my client is very grateful. I have to say that fast food was calling my name but I avoided it and Halloween candy was looking good too but I don’t need it at all.
This discussion has been closed.