Waist Aways - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    @SMcFall0215 So sorry for your loss 😢 It sounds like you have been riding the emotional roller coaster lately. Hopefully things will calm down.
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    @SMcFall0215 I m sorry for your loss. I hope from now on may everything happen as you wish, and congrats for starting the new job✨
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    @CanadianGiraffe What a great way to look at birthdays :) And Happy Birthday to you! Did you do anything nice?

I'm off to my gardening project this morning with some of the young people I work with. Then
    I have booked an afternoon gym session as well. Stupid or optimistic? We'll find out! Haha. I am determined for a loss this week!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Thank you everyone I really appreciate y’all.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Just a quick check-in, yesterday went well, stayed in the green and walked little miss Lola around the yard until I hit my step goal. Our work audit is now officially over and I'm already getting caught up on my pile of paperwork and just feeling lighter all around.

Last night I wanted something sweet so I had a 92% cocoa chocolate square and it hit the spot. For only 60 calories and has some fiber too, not to mention the antioxidants. Honestly at first I didn't care for super dark chocolate but now I prefer it over the lighter varieties. Funny how tastes change when we choose healthier options.

Today will be a busy one, hoping to leave work in time to go to the gym. Ankle is still a bit tender but as long as I'm careful it seems to be fine. And from riding the bike instead of the elliptical I noticed different leg muscles are sore; reminder to change it up every now and then!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    @SMcFall0215 So sorry to hear about your mom😢. Sending good vibes your way
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    I have 2 stupid questions...

1- So I get like 60-80 active minutes per day... The past week, I've noticed I've actually started sweating during my workouts, I haven't changed them, the only thing I've really added is more strength training that I do in the evening, and yes I sweat during those. But I'm talking about my morning aerobics videos... Anyone have any idea why, and how to make it stop ? LOL - I go from exercise, to get ready for work, I don't have time to hop in the shower...

2- My resting heart rate, raises more and more during the week when I am doing my videos, on the weekends when I am outside doing, active, but outside things, it goes down (earning the same amount of exercise calories) I thought exercise was supposed to make your RHR go lower... I did ask my dr about this, and she said not to worry about it, that even when it is "high", it wasn't as high as it was before I started this journey, so to keep doing what I'm doing... It's still in a perfectly normal range, but I just find it odd that it goes up...
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 125.0
    CW: 126.1 Thanksgiving gets me every time

I completely forgot to post Monday SORRY.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    I have 2 stupid questions...

1- So I get like 60-80 active minutes per day... The past week, I've noticed I've actually started sweating during my workouts, I haven't changed them, the only thing I've really added is more strength training that I do in the evening, and yes I sweat during those. But I'm talking about my morning aerobics videos... Anyone have any idea why, and how to make it stop ? LOL - I go from exercise, to get ready for work, I don't have time to hop in the shower...

2- My resting heart rate, raises more and more during the week when I am doing my videos, on the weekends when I am outside doing, active, but outside things, it goes down (earning the same amount of exercise calories) I thought exercise was supposed to make your RHR go lower... I did ask my dr about this, and she said not to worry about it, that even when it is "high", it wasn't as high as it was before I started this journey, so to keep doing what I'm doing... It's still in a perfectly normal range, but I just find it odd that it goes up...
    There is no such thing as a stupid question. Well maybe, but these are not examples! I'm no expert, but here are my thoughts.

Sweating - too bad you don't want to! Earning the shower is one of my favourite things. But you are probably sweating because you have more strength to put into your aerobics. More muscles working, more circulation needed, more sweating to keep them cool. Maybe you can at least change out of your exercise clothes before work? Some quick washcloth action if needed? I think it is a good sign you are sweating more.

Resting heart rate - I agree with your doc. Don't worry about it. There might be other factors during the week that raise it up. Stress at work? Not enough water? You miss your dogs? How's your blood pressure? If it has been going down, sometimes your heart rate has to go up to compensate until everything adjusts to the new reality. When my pressure goes down (I tend to have low to too-low pressure), the RHR really increases.

@CanadianGiraffe
    Happy one more revolution around the sun! I love that we have such a variety of ages in this group - it is a long journey, so let's keep healthy and feeling great all the way through :heart:

I know it is supposed to snow in Alberta (sorry, you guys!), but here it is going to be balmy and sunny for a couple of days. I'm out to enjoy it while it lasts!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 679 Member
    @SMcFall0215 you're on a rollercoaster for sure, I am sorry to hear about your mom. I hope things settle down for you soon and the new house and job go great!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 679 Member
    heading out for an evening walk - gotta catch up to the fitbit crew!! I don't know what happened to my profile pic - i lost it somehow- but thanks for your comment @micki48 :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Well! I had one of those weird days with a kind of aimless vibe, nice weather, but not much ambition. Foodwise I was doing really well until I had a cookie after lunch. These are some serious ginger cookies from a local bakery. They are impossible for me to stop eating once I start, so I keep them individually wrapped in the freezer if ever I succumb to the urge to buy them. Luckily that does not happen too often. Today I took one out of the freezer after lunch, on my way out to doing some good physical work and then a long walk up in the woods. I thought I might need a snack (lunch was just salad, so I was feeling a little virtuous). After clearing up all the leaves I needed to put into the compost, I ate the cookie and really, really, really wanted another one before going off to walk. I went in and put another one (still frozen) into my pocket. By the time it thawed, I was over the craving, and I managed to finish the entire afternoon without touching it. Feeling SO good about that. Then I had supper, well within plan, and dangit if I didn't find that cookie and eat it after supper. Why? No good reason except that I had not put it back into the freezer and it was there. This does not fit within the day's good numbers for much of anything, and I know it will give me that stomach-full-of-lead feeling. Grrrrrrr. I'm hopping on the exercise bike in a bit to try to mitigate the effect. At least they are gone now! All that just to say how feeling like a craving was beaten can get turned to being beaten by the craving. The freezer trick was good but I didn't put the cookie back in there in time! Crazy how strong those cravings can be sometimes.

How do you all beat those instant-gratification moments vs actually feeling good for a longer time? Usually I just have to avoid the trigger foods that send me in that direction, but it would be good to put together a list of techniques you find that could work. It certainly helps to have a collection of them!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    I celebrated another year on the planet today. I always consider it a privilege to grow older as we've had too many friends and family who do not get that chance.

Happy Birthday to you! Hope your day was wonderful! Hurray for another trip around the sun.

I forgot to post last night. Hit my step target. Managed a 38 minute walk at a leisurely pace with a tiny walker, then did 17 minutes of big ball bouncing. Both are included in my steps so I'm not sure if it qualifies for more steps translated.

I have not logged at all today. I need to go try and do that. Not at my step goal yet today and may not get there. I have about 4,000 more steps to go. :neutral: Sorry I haven't gotten the step results up yet this week. My husband has busy using the laptop, which is what I need to use to do it. So I will get it up shortly as long as the laptop doesn't die.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    8xckuknkaqnm.jpeg

STEP TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 1 RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 525,201

zafrjjmyvdkh.png

STEP STARS

1st - @jugar 109,530
    2nd - @KellyBgetsfit 101,951
    3rd - @Kali225 100,261

First time our top three steppers have all been over 100,000!!! Way to go ladies!!!

TEAM MEMBERS MEETING DAILY STEP GOAL

@jugar 7/7
    @KellyBgetsfit 7/7
    @Kali225 7/7
    @Micki48 6/7
    @jguldi11 4/7
    @YinxFed 4/7
    @evangsimmons170 4/7

Great Work Team!!!!!

aiuu0or2k6vk.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.