Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited October 2020
    @cafelelia Yes, my face has thinned, but also in doing so is now more wrinkled and less "fresh faced" youth! Here's a face to face from around my largest to now
    wjamnrdcfhcg.jpg
    :7iz04hwj5ni4.jpg

@sleepymom5 Thank you. I got 2 pairs, the second pair are a translucent purple (very different for me). They look best on white paper than on the face!
    53wqipo3lfrc.jpg
    Choosing glasses was a nightmare as had to wear a face mask inside the opticians, so could not tell what I actually looked like in them. Once I whittled them down to a few to choose from I took a pair at a time outside the shop and took a photo of myself. I have really bad eyesight to glasses shopping is always problematic, let alone not being able to see my whole face in the mirror!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Oh yeah, AND my plumbing is fixed! It wasn't as bad as we expected and did not require the total destruction of my kitchen...WIN!

Also...yay everyone! I read all the posts, I just never have the time to comment. So many of us are doing well.

Some of you are so busy, it makes me tired reading it...wow. Amazing!

Love the pupper pics! Such adorable little faces!

@Freeglerock, great glasses!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/13 steps 4466
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check-in: Tuesday
    Food: Logged and on target
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk and PT

I have to run. Daisy has the groomer this morning. Each day improves a little for me although it is only Wednesday Lol! I am going to try to come back and see what you all have been up to later. Have a great day!

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    edited October 2020
    66px9sjdb9rq.png
    Step Challenge Winners!

1st Place Debbie @debbiewsharpe 130,408
    2nd Place Lisa @Freeglerock 100,524
    3rd Place April @goingape 92,094

Over 70,000 (10k+ average/day)
    Mary @brown6267 71,945
    Ann @annliz23 71,957
    Theresa @1theresamcvean 89,769

Hero
    Tracy @ljdanny 50,904 the week of her neck surgery!

Some of you post your steps on some days and not others. Don't be shy, post them every day. We'll be celebrating different achievements soon. There are so many benefits to walking.

Benefits of Daily Walking
    1. Lower body mass index (BMI).
    2. Improve circulation.
    3. Shore up your bones.
    4. Support your joints.
    5. Strengthen muscles, including your core.
    6. Slim your thighs.
    7. Lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
    8. Lower fasting blood sugar (glucose).
    9. Improve your breathing.
    10. Better memory and cognitive function.
    11. Slow down mental decline.
    12. Lower Alzheimer’s risk.
    13. Do more for longer, i.e. stay active into old age.
    14. Lower stress and improved mood.
    15. Sleep better.
    16. Enjoy a longer life.

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Tuesday check in
    Yesterday was a good one. Not so much stress, eating was great, some IF and I went for a long walk. It is quite humorous how so many friends and neighbours are trying to figure out how to socialize outdoors this winter. We are all emailing around, asking for tips and advice. Canadians are great at outdoor winter activities, but we don’t tend to linger outdoors after for socializing. That usually takes place inside, preferably by a fireplace. It is a learning experience and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out!

@freeglerock - You are beautiful both ways and the changes in your face are very noticeable. I don’t see many wrinkles! If you do see them, that means you have lived you life! This time of year, I switch to face oils because indoor heating is so drying. There are many lovely ones at places like Sephora. Not really sure that they slow the wrinkles, but they certainly make my skin feel nice in the cold weather.

@1theresamcvean - Such a lovely pic! I love this time of year!

@sleepymom5 - Hope that you are feeling better!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @kandi3570 Beautiful hair. My has always been super straight and I wanted all those curls!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Hello all! Hope you are doing well! I just caught up with some of the posts. I am very far behind! I have just been so busy, I have not had time to keep up, but I do miss reading your posts, I feel completely out of the loop.

I am feeling good, I am still on track with my food & exercise. I have continued with WW, tracking on MFP, 18:6 IF & using my Isagenix products. If I have an off day, I am able to get back on track the next day. I feel like I finally have a grip on my weight-loss journey. I was back in the 140's on Saturday, which felt great, but I was back up a little by Monday. I am not worried, I feel great & my clothes are fitting. The only bad thing is that I find myself shopping more, lol.

@1theresamcvean that picture is gorgeous! I absolutely love the Fall!

@sleepymom5 hope you are feeling better! I saw you posted about someone passing away, sorry for your loss!

Have a wonderful day! I am going to make an effort to keep up with everyone & post more. :smiley:
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 2
    PW: 205.8
    CW: 206.2
    Gain .4
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    @ljdanny I guess you ended up having your surgery. Last I checked in, you were thinking of putting it off. I am glad you didn't put it off and I hope everything went well. Be sure to listen to your body and not push it. I should probably be eating the way you do though, I gobble everything down too quickly.
    @Cafelelia What a great idea about the detached garage. I hope that can work for you.
    @kandi3570 I remember those days! My son forgot to wear a shirt to school one day! He didn't bring his clean clothes to his room. The next morning he threw a sweat shirt on and planned to get a clean shirt from the laundry room but forgot. His teacher thought it was hysterical Lol! I love your daughter's hair, my hair is so flat I would love mine to look like that!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Casey and Mia are so cute!!
    @mainebeachbum I have been so tired lately too. I am in full fledged menopause now but maybe it is something hormonal. I hope it gets better for you way before December.
    @goingape Wow! Week 7 is in the books for C25K! I remember when you started. Great job my friend! Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    @1theresamcvean A belated Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I am glad you were able to spend it with your son. It is so beautiful where he lives!
    @kiane50 What wonderful work you do! It must be nice to actually see that you are making a difference in people's lives. Great job with resisting fast food AND halloween candy! Fantastic day!!
    @Freeglerock Nice loss! You will be seeing that 6 soon!! What a difference with the side by sides with your face. It must be nice to see the changes from your hard work. You still look young, we are always our own worst critics. I love those glasses! I have a hard time with glasses shopping, I can't see what I look like with them on and hate seeing the pictures of me with the others on. Ugh! Looks like you scored 2 pairs of nice glasses this trip!
    @melaniedscott I am with you-I can't believe how quickly Oct is going by. Interesting about the sinus spray, I wonder if allergies or dampness trigger your symptoms? I would think the ENT would pick up if it was sinuses...How frustrating for you. I hope things get figured out soon.
    @kirsten11872 You are doing great! You must be so close to goal! Thanks for your condolences too, my MIL passed away at age 96. Very sad but also it was her time. She used to say God forgot about her.
    @tryingagain5 That's not too bad. How are things going? Are you getting to the gym and seeing the trainer? Seems like rules change back and forth so it is hard to keep up.
    @1theresamcvean OMG! That is so cool!! I am so jealous Lol! Hope the Mama and all the little pups are doing well. Thanks for sharing!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    @sleepymom5 yes I did have my surgery, I decided I couldn't put it off anymore, even though I did call my husband from the hospital and told him to come back and get me that I wasn't going to do it. He did refuse, lol.

Today was a nice day so I put my neck brace on and went for a walk around my backyard. I did quite a few laps, if any of my neighbors could see in they probably thought I was crazy. After that I sat outside for a while. I will probably do it again tomorrow. I'm still really sore. I haven't really taken the meds they gave me because i feel they don't make much of a difference. My granddaughter is on her way over for a visit, she's going to be 1 on Friday, not sure where the year went. We are having a little party for her on Saturday. Might have a little piece of cake. It's a celebration.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Tuesday check in
    Yesterday was a good one. Not so much stress, eating was great, some IF and I went for a long walk. It is quite humorous how so many friends and neighbours are trying to figure out how to socialize outdoors this winter. We are all emailing around, asking for tips and advice. Canadians are great at outdoor winter activities, but we don’t tend to linger outdoors after for socializing. That usually takes place inside, preferably by a fireplace. It is a learning experience and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out!

@freeglerock - You are beautiful both ways and the changes in your face are very noticeable. I don’t see many wrinkles! If you do see them, that means you have lived you life! This time of year, I switch to face oils because indoor heating is so drying. There are many lovely ones at places like Sephora. Not really sure that they slow the wrinkles, but they certainly make my skin feel nice in the cold weather.

@1theresamcvean - Such a lovely pic! I love this time of year!

@sleepymom5 - Hope that you are feeling better!

Lisa, I heard some ideas today on CBC. Electric blankets for guests in your garage, ditto extra snow pants, sweaters made of blanket material, a spring-loaded shovel because you'll be keeping things clear more than the usual footpath. Also, my in-laws used to have this central fireplace in the middle of the room. I think this idea would be great in a garage. This one may look a bit fancy, but they are rather basic.
    0utw2yyxotef.png
  • 1theresamcvean
    ljdanny wrote: »
    @sleepymom5 yes I did have my surgery, I decided I couldn't put it off anymore, even though I did call my husband from the hospital and told him to come back and get me that I wasn't going to do it. He did refuse, lol.

Today was a nice day so I put my neck brace on and went for a walk around my backyard. I did quite a few laps, if any of my neighbors could see in they probably thought I was crazy. After that I sat outside for a while. I will probably do it again tomorrow. I'm still really sore. I haven't really taken the meds they gave me because i feel they don't make much of a difference. My granddaughter is on her way over for a visit, she's going to be 1 on Friday, not sure where the year went. We are having a little party for her on Saturday. Might have a little piece of cake. It's a celebration.

Tracy, It would have looked crazier if your husband came out to the yard and brought you back in. I think he's worried that you're doing too much too soon. LOL. I think you're doing great.
  • 1theresamcvean
    sleepymom5 wrote: »

@1theresamcvean OMG! That is so cool!! I am so jealous Lol! Hope the Mama and all the little pups are doing well. Thanks for sharing!

Pam, It was cool. I'll never forget today. All my enriched science from grades seven and eight, when I had to write away to Guelph University (they have a veterinary program) and hatch chickens in an incubator in the back of the classroom have paid off!

• 1theresamcvean
    Hello all! Hope you are doing well! I just caught up with some of the posts. I am very far behind! I have just been so busy, I have not had time to keep up, but I do miss reading your posts, I feel completely out of the loop.

I am feeling good, I am still on track with my food & exercise. I have continued with WW, tracking on MFP, 18:6 IF & using my Isagenix products. If I have an off day, I am able to get back on track the next day. I feel like I finally have a grip on my weight-loss journey. I was back in the 140's on Saturday, which felt great, but I was back up a little by Monday. I am not worried, I feel great & my clothes are fitting. The only bad thing is that I find myself shopping more, lol.

@1theresamcvean that picture is gorgeous! I absolutely love the Fall!

@sleepymom5 hope you are feeling better! I saw you posted about someone passing away, sorry for your loss!

Have a wonderful day! I am going to make an effort to keep up with everyone & post more. :smiley:

Kirsten, This is so exciting! I'm glad you found the perfect balance of techniques that worked for you and made it to the 140s. Did you know that F2F has a maintenance thread? I'm three pounds away from goal and not sure when I'll get there but I go and check it out sometimes. It's a sneak preview of what to look forward to. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat#latest
  • 1theresamcvean
    @cafelelia Yes, my face has thinned, but also in doing so is now more wrinkled and less "fresh faced" youth! Here's a face to face from around my largest to now
    wjamnrdcfhcg.jpg
    :7iz04hwj5ni4.jpg

@sleepymom5 Thank you. I got 2 pairs, the second pair are a translucent purple (very different for me). They look best on white paper than on the face!
    53wqipo3lfrc.jpg
    Choosing glasses was a nightmare as had to wear a face mask inside the opticians, so could not tell what I actually looked like in them. Once I whittled them down to a few to choose from I took a pair at a time outside the shop and took a photo of myself. I have really bad eyesight to glasses shopping is always problematic, let alone not being able to see my whole face in the mirror!

Lisa, You look beautiful in both pictures and are one of those people whose weight loss really shows in your face. I don't think you look wrinkled but do agree that a heavier face is really youthful. It's like nature's facelift. That's okay though because weight loss overall makes you look younger in your physique.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Wednesday
    Steps 10273
    Water 40 oz
    Walk 30 min
    Food logging...well, not so good
This discussion has been closed.