October 11 Sign In

13»

Replies

• Mail4mand
    Mail4mand Posts: 12 Member
    3xyes for the 11th. Calories were well under and tracked very well including calculating calories in a many ingrediant pasta bake it would have been too easy to estimate but i got my calculator out instead. Ive set a fit bit target of 7000 steps a day and managed this no problem. And i have an allotment now so did some digging which got thr heart rate up. Best wishes y'all.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    tlwoodbell wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how to increase my protein intake. I usually have a higher percentage of fat macros over protein, so I'm working to change that. Oh yes, I am a dietary vegan.

I have the same problem, and am mostly vegan too (though have been eating much more non-vegan than I'd like recently while I've been travelling). I don't know how obsessive to be about the protein thing; I find it really hard to get enough without also taking in too much fat. Work in progress.

@alligatorob - great to see you're still keeping on top of things; much respect to you for that. I know many (myself included) would be very tempted to use the surgery as a reason for taking a break, so you're doing great!

While I'm no longer a dietary vegan (<-- LOVE that. I should've said this when people questioned me about wearing leather), I was one for over a decade.

I still have plant-based preferences including regular use of Vega's protien powders. My current staple for the past year or so is Vega Sport Protein (Vanilla) because it's readily available on Amazon Subscribe & Save.

Yeah, I was going to suggest protein powder as well. While I’m not vegan or even vegetarian, my protein powder of choice is a vegan one. Partly because I love that the ingredients are all easy to pronounce (not chemicals) and partly because I should avoid high levels of animal protein due to only having one kidney, so any additional protein I add, I keep plant based. I use protein powder in smoothies, yogurt, oats, baking and blend chocolate protein powder with frozen bananas for an amazing healthier ice cream type treat.

I can’t recommend my protein powder as it is a local South African brand.

I also add protein to various meals with the usual lentils or beans etc. My current favourite options are tomato soup with red lentils or butternut soup with chick peas. Of course roasted chick peas make a delicious snack too.

The irony is that I am sometimes more plant based than my housemate who is sometimes vegan, sometimes vegetation, frequently piscatarian. Except for when she craves steak of course.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    yes x's 3 -
    Boy did I relax yesterday...did a short walk/jog with pup and kids in the late evening...but otherwise...didn't leave the house. Church via livestream, steamed the floor, cooked, napped on the couch...pretty nice to rest a tad. ;D
    1/3 pass days left
    *I still don't know what the official diagnosis will be on my mystery ailment...but bottom line is that right now - I'm feeling sooo much better....and I had no idea how achy I was.
  • kareng_49
    kareng_49 Posts: 23 Member
    Last of my three passes. So mad that I got there so quick...
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @kareng_49 Don't beat yourself up. Just look forward and work on the healthy habits. This is really a long-haul program not a 30 day biggest loser program.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 347 Member
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: 39 minutes walking hills
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes

Second pass day was used because I passed my calorie limit.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,983 Member
    Was on the road traveling all day.
    Pass day.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    kareng_49 wrote: »

There is still the newly inaugurated "UA Champions" list for those who keep on reporting ... regardless of pass numbers ... several of us are on or close to that. Just Keep At It
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member

I’m on 2 pass days and because it’s not even mid month, I will most likely have 1 or 2 more. I have been in this challenge for 10 months now and have come close to the winner’s circle but haven’t made it yet. For me, that’s not the point. If I gave up now, or when I am out of passes, instead of 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 pass days in October, I’d have 20 or 21 or 22 or whatever. I have many thought distortions (all or nothing, should statements, perfectionism, carastrophizing,disqualifying the positive, emotional reasoning - just to name a few) that I am trying to work on (apparently I have given up trying to work on not ending a sentence with a preposition). Anyway, I am finding that this all becomes the new me as I learn acceptance and focus on the positive. I am doing mindfulness exercises and feel, I don’t know, lighter mentally. I wish I had started all this before the age of 55.
  • amandaross887
    amandaross887 Posts: 229 Member
    Pass day here
  • RangerRickL
    @readyornot1234 Its time we stopped worrying about where our prepositions land. Where are all those English teachers now?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    As Churchill said: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put"
  • readyornot1234
    @readyornot1234 Its time we stopped worrying about where our prepositions land. Where are all those English teachers now?

😎. But, seriously, I’m hoping there are some in this challenge. I know there is at least one editor out there. Man, now I’m losing my mind over comma placement ... or am I missing a “.” because it was the end of a sentence? I seriously need to find my Bluebook. I think I saw it somewhere about 20 plus years ago. Is it worth a trip into the office to look for it, dust it off, and see if it can help? Probably not. I’ve always leaned toward substance over form. No one ever locked me up. Although I did crack a judge up once over principle/principal when I explained my theory to him about the cause of all the confusion. And life goes on.
  • readyornot1234
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    As Churchill said: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put"

That is getting framed and put on my wall!
  • RangerRickL
    @readyornot1234 I guess that is why I don't go to court. On the other hand, ABA published two of my books.
    I hired my own private editor. He fixed all my commas and prepositions.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member

Hey @kareng_49 !
    Big hugs!
    Self-kindness is really essential as we learn how to become healthier. Positive self-talk can help a lot. I find when I hit 3 Pass Days early in the Month, my competitive / perfectionist side comes out & says playfully, “No More of those 😃!” Usually posting my dinner prior to eating fix my Pass Days. I have also learned the hard way what my trigger foods are & We keep them out of the house!

Often those months are usually the ones I lose the most LOL