Over eating and fasting ?

Hi all. I just joined. I’ve lost 20 plus lbs and I’ve done intermittent fasting. My last meal is about 8pm at night. I eat breakfast about 1100 am. It was working for a while when I was working at home. When I returned to work I’ve been eating non stop to the point of stomach issues. Is this normal after fasting. ? Maybe I should stop Thanks for the help

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Are you eating non-stop at work because you are hungry? Because you are bored? Stressed? The reason for your over-eating is important when looking for solutions.

Meal timing is not important to weight loss...just your total calories are. Intermittent fasting is a tool that some people find effective to control the amount of calories they eat in a day. But, as long as you are in a calorie deficit, you can spread out those calories any way you want.

If you find you are too hungry doing IF, then experiment with different eating schedules until you find what keeps you satisfied and on-track, calorie-wise.

^^this

Also, just a thought to piggyback from this...I don't know how long you were WFH before returning to the office, but maybe it could be some anxiety over that too? I have to admit I'm feeling a little bit of that for when we finally return to the office as well...
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Are you eating non-stop at work because you are hungry? Because you are bored? Stressed? The reason for your over-eating is important when looking for solutions.

Meal timing is not important to weight loss...just your total calories are. Intermittent fasting is a tool that some people find effective to control the amount of calories they eat in a day. But, as long as you are in a calorie deficit, you can spread out those calories any way you want.

If you find you are too hungry doing IF, then experiment with different eating schedules until you find what keeps you satisfied and on-track, calorie-wise.

^^this

Also, just a thought to piggyback from this...I don't know how long you were WFH before returning to the office, but maybe it could be some anxiety over that too? I have to admit I'm feeling a little bit of that for when we finally return to the office as well...

I don’t really understand the anxiety for people returning to work. Maybe I just don’t get it because I’m essential and I’ve been working the entire time with no break...

I’m sure your office will require face masks and 6 ft of social distance and increase cleaning protocols in common areas just like every retailer has done and every warehouse has done that have been open throughout the entire pandemic.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member

^^this

Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    I don’t really understand the anxiety for people returning to work. Maybe I just don’t get it because I’m essential and I’ve been working the entire time with no break...

I’m sure your office will require face masks and 6 ft of social distance and increase cleaning protocols in common areas just like every retailer has done and every warehouse has done that have been open throughout the entire pandemic.

If you look through the coronavirus thread you will see that retailers, and specifically Walmart, have vastly different enforcement of policies depending on where they are located.

At my Walmart in Massachusetts there has been 100% mask use since April, but I see lots of posts from people in other parts of the country where this is not at all the case, despite the uniform corporate policy.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited October 2020
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

^^this

I've been working the entire time, too, just WFH right now, to be clear. I have a general anxiety regarding being around a lot of people anyway that has nothing to do with COVID (introvert, don't have a lot of people around outside of work, etc...). For me its just my general nature. Going from months of being at home working with my cats to being back in an office with a lot of people again just makes me a little anxious. That's all. I'm sure I'm probably not the only one.
    And yeah, what you outlined about the protocols is pretty much what they're planning to have in place. I'm not too concerned about that.