Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

How do you define "Curvy?"

Options
1235»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Salma Hayek.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    maybe "curvy" was just 90s for "thick"

If I was dating and headed out on a blind date and her friend set me up and described her friend as curvy I would assume she means a bit overweight instead of an hourglass bombshell, not trying to be rude or disrespectful at all, I would take it as a some sort of warning or heads up, as in one of those big boned, or husky, or modern day body proportionate diluted terms that can mean anything to anybody
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Curvy is in the eye of the beholder.

... or the beer holder!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    muszyngr wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Curvy is in the eye of the beholder.

... or the beer holder!

Beer goggles?
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it means anymore. I've seen obese women call themselves curvy while obese men call themselves "beefy". Thin guys think their fit yet they have a high body fat to muscle ratio. It's just all over the place when what really matters is to be at a healthy body fat percentage.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    sal10851 wrote: »
    I don't know what it means anymore. I've seen obese women call themselves curvy while obese men call themselves "beefy". Thin guys think their fit yet they have a high body fat to muscle ratio. It's just all over the place when what really matters is to be at a healthy body fat percentage.

Goes with the everyone gets a trophy mentality IMO.

True about the healthy BF%.