Myfitnesspal have removed Imessage feature

5i8xc7c304lv.jpg

Really disappointed that they have removed this feature with no real reasoning. Took me ages to find any info about it happening. It was very helpful for us to share our meals via imessage. We can do it through the diary sharing but this is tedious compared to sending a quick text.

Replies

• ptbreeze593
    ptbreeze593 Posts: 1 Member
    Terrible decision!
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    I hate they took away our older diary entries if we don't use premium. I hope MFP doesn't keep taking away these features that we find useful.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    I used this EVERY DAY to send dinner to DH. He will miss it more than me, since now he has to recreate. I imagine he will quickly find the "meals" function, but still, he will have to adjust qty and I will have to convey qty for each ingredient. He's also copying dinners from previous times I made it, which isn't super fast if we don't remember exactly when we did it, but as everyone knows, at least he gets the database entries I used which is half the battle. Deeeeefinitely not an enhancement.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    So you can’t message people at all anymore
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    So you can’t message people at all anymore

You can. It's next to the "add friend" tab when you click on a users profile name.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Oh man. We use this all the time
  • PedanticPete
    PedanticPete Posts: 3 Member
    Me and my wife, both 'currently' premium users, use this all the time to share meals we prepare for each other - really can't understand why they have got rid of it. Totally agree with Xeryn, diary sharing is a tedious way of doing this - Diary Sharing is NOT the best possible way of doing this - so this retirement doesn't make sense - is there a way that we can lobby for its reinstatement?
    Xeryn wrote: »

Really disappointed that they have removed this feature with no real reasoning. Took me ages to find any info about it happening. It was very helpful for us to share our meals via imessage. We can do it through the diary sharing but this is tedious compared to sending a quick text.

Lorrpb, its dropped from my Premium subscription ... nothing to do with the free app ... makes me wonder is the subscription is worth it as it is one of the main features I really like ... anybody at UnderArmour listening to this ...
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I interpret the "why are we doing this" section to mean that not enough people are using it to make it worthwhile for them to maintain in a free app.

I really quite cross about this decision - There is NO REASONING presented by UnderArmour to justify this feature retirement ...

Angry PedanticPete