Kind of sorta a Newbie

Hey everyone

So I have been using My Fitness Pal for a while but never lasted. I would do food entering for 2 weeks then stop then come back then stop (you get the idea). I'm a mom of 3 boys so I struggle looking weight as my kids have a different food pallet. I refuse to be a short order cook but then get tired of their complaining so I give in. I work full time so making long meals is also difficult.

I just purchased the membership and the more I play around the more I find things. I had no idea there were exercise plans!!! Anyways looking for friends to encourage me along the way and keep me accountable. Also provide suggestions on family friendly meals and how they do things with their families.

Here is to my self care and getting healthy for my kids!!!

Goal to loose 45lbs :)

Replies

• MrsAcyprus2015
    MrsAcyprus2015 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi ya :)

I can so relate. I've been here for years on and off but always fall off of the wagon.

I'm mum to 4 girls and work full time so planning a week in advance is key for me

I've been back on this for 7wks now and so far have lost 20lbs and I would like to lose another 64lbs
    I do not like my body at all and want to be happy and healthy.
    My husband has had a few health scares this year and that is what gave us the kick up the bum 7wks ago to sort ourselves out

I wish you all the best with your journey

Let's do this!!

• B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Welcome, as a husband of 20 years with two teenagers now, I went through the gamut of thoughts (man if I was only single my pantry and fridge would look like this, and loosing weight would be so easy, blah blah blah) then I would see Lori my buddies wife, registered nurse, mother of three, and a hero without a cape, ha ha super fit, energetic, how does she do it?

So here's some advice accept that you are an island, especially with young kids, they are not going to meal plan with you, ha ha, if your spouse is not onboard, no problem, you can do it alone, well with us, lol

You can eat anything your kids eat, just in moderation, don't force them to eat healthy because you want to be healthy, if they want white rice, salmon, and green beans, make it and you eat the salmon and the green beans only for example

also the three square meals a day is a myth, you don't have to eat three meals a day or five small meals a day (blah blah blah) you can skip a meal, so if your kids want pancakes for breakfast, make them pancakes, don't eat one yourself, have black coffee instead, if you don't have such control (yet) no problem alter the recipe to make just enough pancakes for your kids

if your kids eat like birds (ie don't finish their plates) then don't make yourself a plate just eat their leftovers, my buddy does that in restaurants, and literally has a full meal every time he does it, now he doesn't always do that, of course he buys himself dinner when ever he wants to, but it's just an example

hope this helps, moral of the story you do you, don't blame the kids, or the spouse, yes you are busy, yes you are tired, yes you are Super Mom, you can do it
  • EML112610
    EML112610 Posts: 27 Member
    Feel free to add me, I am curious if you find the paid plan worth it?