Can’t decide

jrc2127
jrc2127 Posts: 9 Member
I can’t decide between using this app versus itrackbites carb conscious plan (old Ww points plus). I have officially decided I hate ww new plans 🤦🏻‍♀️

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    What is wrong with MFP?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited October 2020
    The problem with WW is you always have to convert everything on nutritional packages to points, which is more effort than just reading the nutritional info straight up. And you have to PAY to not know if you have room to eat something without the extra calculation. And then you have to pay to do that forever unless you dont want to regain the weight. And they absolutely will phase out the version of the system that you like at some point down the line, meaning you'll have to change how you maintain your weight. And then depending on your plans, they also dont let you use the program if you're pregnant, so you can't even help yourself gain a healthy amount during that. Of course that may or not apply to you. But I watched a friend get kicked off WW twice because of pregnancies and she struggled a lot (because WW isn't intuitive so how are you supposed to maintain the weight loss without paying for the program?). Meanwhile with MFP you can set your food goal to coincide with the expected weight gain...

Or... just calorie count on MFP. Because that won't change.

For reference, I've done WW and MFP. I didn't actually learn how to do what needed doing AND understand it until I got to MFP.
  • WorkInProgress_1
    WorkInProgress_1 Posts: 16 Member
    I have tried WW and personally the only app that has worked for me is MyFitnessPal ❤️
  • I like MFP. It has a good community and the food library is vast.

For you to decide which app you'd rather use, you need to think about what your requirements and goals are. Then select the app that satisfies your requirements.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    MFP is free. I like free.