HELP!! Under protein and carbs but above fats

kika5105
kika5105 Posts: 28 Member
edited October 2020 in Food and Nutrition
Please Help! What are some good carb and protein foods that have little to no fat. Im a couple grams above fat, but like 50 under protein and carbs.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Beans?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I don't check. I mainly count calories.
  • Davey862
    Davey862 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2020
    Beans, lentils.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Cottage cheese (if you get the 1% version). I don’t worry about it to much as calories in/calories out dictates weight loss. Getting enough protein though is important if you are trying to gain/retain muscle. 50 under on protein seems a lot low, but I didn’t look at what you normally eat (assuming your diary is even open).

You could drink protein shakes also. I have optimum nutrition whey in several flavors and I have a shake some days depending on how many calories I have left vs how much protein I still need.
  • kika5105
    @Dogmom1978 so I just started counting my macros and for the past 4 days I've been way under on my protein. My carbs too but mostly my ptn. I've been having 2 ptn shakes a day to try and catchup on my ptn. What do you mean my diary is open? Thanks for the advice. I love cottage cheese will try that!
  • kika5105
    @Davey862 thanks ill try that!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Edamame, legumes, Quinoa, pea protein powder
  • Dogmom1978
    @kika5105 when I go to your diary it says it is private. You can go into your settings and make it public and then maybe people could offer higher protein alternatives to what you are eating.

100 grams of cottage cheese is about 80ish calories and 11 grams of protein. I usually do 2 servings of cottage cheese and 1 yogurt for lunch to help have a higher protein/low fat lunch.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    Being under on your carbs is not a big deal (unless you're aiming for athletic performances), it's more a maximum than a minimum. Being under on protein is not such a good idea though.
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    I eat a very low fat diet for the most part, so I use predominately things like: rice cakes, egg whites, skinless/boneless chicken breast, XL Beef, wild game meat, protein shakes, apples, corn, peas, cereal and skim milk, toast and jam (no butter or marge), french toast made with egg white and cinnamon (raisin bread fried only in egg white :: drool :: ) - you could also do potatoes with low fat cottage cheese or low fat sour cream, .. I also like low carb jell-o sometimes and low fat puddings etc. You have lots and lots of options - don't let it overwhelm you .. take your time and find your groove with the process. You've got this!! <3
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Fat is good for you unless it drives your calories over. Better skin, better digestion, vascular health, etc. Relax. You don't need carbs and protein is a wide range of what can be ok.
  • kika5105
    @Dogmom1978 how do you look at someone's diary? I'm new to this. 😅
  • kika5105
    @Lietchi im under like 70g of protein. Today I really tried and im still under by 40g
  • kika5105
    @Kait_Dee yes I eat egg whites, boneless skinless chicken breast, just got some rice cakes yesterday. I'll definitely have to try the raisin bread w/egg whites 😋😋
  • kika5105
    @wilson10102018 my fat is over everyday😖 while my protein is way under
  • Does it matter?
    I would say up your protein and try and hit the minimum target. I tend to hit protein, go over by 20g on fat and be way under on carbs. I think I like a higher fat diet. Maybe look at your saturated fat and work on reducing that rather than worrying about fat overall.
  • kika5105
    @Squatcleananddeadlift ok thanks I will try that.
  • Dogmom1978
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/dogmom1978

The link above with the username of whoever’s diary you wish to view. They are private by default, so you have to change them to public.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited October 2020
    Does it matter?
    I would say up your protein and try and hit the minimum target. I tend to hit protein, go over by 20g on fat and be way under on carbs. I think I like a higher fat diet. Maybe look at your saturated fat and work on reducing that rather than worrying about fat overall.

This ^^

Trying to balance all of your macros perfectly everyday isn't necessary if you're just trying to lose weight. If anything, it'll just make the process harder and will end up driving you nuts! I'd say protein is definitely the one to focus on, and I wouldn't get too caught up on the rest (unless you need to do so medically...then that's a different matter).
    As for your question, I tend to go for beans, lentils, eggs, tofu, greek yogurt,, low fat cottage cheese, or protein bars. If you're a meat eater, chicken or turkey breast is good too.