Hey all

dragontamerjackson
dragontamerjackson Posts: 9 Member
edited October 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all,
Jess here. I'm a former pro athlete, trying to fall back in love with fitness even though I can't compete anymore.
Having to retire from MMA 3 years ago due to a chronic injury was harder than I imagined. And vanity just doesn't keep me motivated the way it did in my twenties - lol.

So I've downloaded this app and some of the other under armor apps to help me track and stay accountable. And I'm checking out this community to see if I can find the right kind of support that will help motivate me. And I would love to contribute as well... I don't know what value I have to offer at this point. Lol.

If anybody has gone through a similar journey I would love to hear it!

wbmqfr7mimb5.jpg

Replies

• WorkInProgress_1
    WorkInProgress_1 Posts: 16 Member
    Welcome
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    I feel like you can find some like-minded support here. Personally, I am not sure what I could teach you about fitness, but I wish you the best. Conversely, I think you can offer a tremendous amount of information and support.

Cheers!
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    Hey all,
    Jess here. I'm a former pro athlete, trying to fall back in love with fitness even though I can't compete anymore.
    Having to retire from MMA 3 years ago due to a chronic injury was harder than I imagined. And vanity just doesn't keep me motivated the way it did in my twenties - lol.

So I've downloaded this app and some of the other under armor apps to help me track and stay accountable. And I'm checking out this community to see if I can find the right kind of support that will help motivate me. And I would love to contribute as well... I don't know what value I have to offer at this point. Lol.

wbmqfr7mimb5.jpg

Good luck! What are the under armor apps for? Do they track more than fitnesspal?
  • bdelaney33 wrote: »
    Hey all,

wbmqfr7mimb5.jpg

Good luck! What are the under armor apps for? Do they track more than fitnesspal?

Track my run, So I can see how long our dog walks are and work on running pace. Even though I totally fell off the wagon on the runs. My dog was spayed 2 weeks ago and got out of the habit of running with her while she recovered... But now I should start again. 😜
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    bdelaney33 wrote: »
    Hey all,

wbmqfr7mimb5.jpg

Track my run, So I can see how long our dog walks are and work on running pace. Even though I totally fell off the wagon on the runs. My dog was spayed 2 weeks ago and got out of the habit of running with her while she recovered... But now I should start again. 😜

Gotcha; I use that Strava app in conjunction with the Apple watch/Phone - seems to do the trick for now. Well, sounds like the dog has an excuse!! lol
  • BoxingDayBoy
    BoxingDayBoy Posts: 21 Member
    Happy to connect!