October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    edited October 2020
    @camaramandy648 - I get up at 4:00 am also to run and I try so very hard to be in bed and asleep at 9:00 pm! I need at least 7 hours sleep but would prefer more!

Happy Belated Birthday @kristinajeang!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    @kristinajeang Happy Birthday!

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @eleanorhawkins I don't even know what my main stress point is right now, probably just a combination of smaller things, but I totally hear you on the stress eating. It reminds me of something @MobyCarp said about not being able to outrun our forks. So true.

I went past the pet shop tonight and saw they had a whole bunch of guinea pigs. I almost wanted to buy one. But we have too many already, and these were overpriced. So cute though. I came home and hugged one of ours. One of our kids said that one thing you can do when feeling stressed, is pretend you are holding and petting a guinea pig. Probably any pet will do. It does help. Might keep us from overeating, because our hands will be occupied.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Just read the most recent posts.

Coach sent over MORE exercises . The structure is good and is exactly what I wanted but lord, 4am. and MORE exercises. MORE!!!! WHAT?!

This is fine....

@Avidkeo I do not do well on such little sleep. You are a superhero.

@polskagirl01 reading your post made me want to hug my dog and eat a reese's cup. I can have both right?

@Tramboman 69! You are so fortunate! Was just talking to Nick last weekend about how the women in my family haven't made it past 62. I am 35... 6.9 seems a lot more reasonable than asking you to run 69 miles! But maybe I could run 69 for your birthday! :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @Teresa502 the 4am thing is new to me - I decided that if I am going to follow the coach's plan, I'm just going to have to schedule out my days and make use of every hour so that my goals don't take away from what the kids need, which is a mom who works and can provide and is also present.

They say it takes 21 days to build a habit, right? So what am I at, 18 days left and this will feel normal? hahaha So far, it's really not that bad, I'm doing more than I thought I could but also I'd like a nap! And a mani-pedi!

And new shoes!

Speaking of shoes - the week @pastorvincent passed, I had ordered and received some new Nike Miler reacts. They're supposed to be pretty good for stability. They will hopefully be fine until I can get some new Mizuno's. I'm not super sure about them yet, but this morning they did not seem to cause any knee pain, so we shall see. :)

21 days is *kitten*. Past summers I got up at 4 am to run before heat hit. After 2 months I was over it and would start making excuses. LOL
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    @polskagirl01 Stay safe! I find I have to jump into/over the ditch sometimes when I hear vehicles coming. Is that an option?

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    edited October 2020
    Good luck with the job search @TheMrWobbly !

@polskagirl01 Sorry about the restaurant.

@Scott6255 Yeah for the great run!

@WandaVaughn I think that is an excellent place to end your race!

@kgirlhart Great run! Change is hard. Hope you enjoy your new job as much as you did the old one!

@eleanorhawkins Praying your dad's surgery goes well. Totally understand stress eating. Hugs to you!

Happy belated birthday @kristinajeang !

@rheddmobile Nice pace for that mile!!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    Happy Birthday @kristinajeang!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    October Goal 60ish miles

10/1 3.52
    10/2 snorkel
    10/3 3.08
    10/4 3.88
    10/5 off
    10/6 4.30
    10/7 3.28
    10/8 off
    10/9 3.20
    10/10 2.53
    10/11 off
    10/12 3.50
    10/13 off
    10/14 4.00
    10/15 2.39

Total 33.68

exercise.png

Upcoming and current races:

D-Backs Virtual Run Against Cancer on 10/17 (which would have been my son's 43rd birthday....)
    https://raceroster.com/events/2020/27903/2020-d-backs-virtual-race-against-cancer

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,049 Member
    08/10 2.30 miles
    10/10 2.38 miles
    14/10 2.77 miles
    16/10 2:60 miles around Stirling Castle in Scotland
    Total 10.05 miles of 25
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited October 2020
    Re hugging pets and stuffing face... I could totally hug my daughter's pet rabbit while I ram chocolate in my mouth! But yeah, fluffy cuddles are always good :-)

Who can run on the 11th of November and would like to join me for this? Free virtual relay marathon! We should have at least one MFP team in honour of our departed marathoners...

ETA: I started to sign myself up for it but there are various options for teams so I'll wait and see who wants to join in. If anyone. It's set up for teams of 6: 2 x 10k legs, 3 x 5k legs and a final 7.whatever the last bit is leg. Let me know if you wanna join me!