Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Height-ism?

Replies

• _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    "some men like dating taller women."

Oh well in that case....

Right??? Because my selection criteria is all about what they want. :D
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    i find this thread fascinating.

I am married to a man who is not very tall - probably about 5ft 6. I am just under 5ft 4 so this is obviously still taller than me. have never been a high heels wearer so that didnt affect anything.

Met in real life so irelevant to thread I guess.....
  • I've never sorted on height, although too many inches down or up from me is uncomfortable. (I like both genders, and a lot of women are shorter than me and a lot of men around here are taller than me.) What's more important to me is intelligence, a good sense of humor, a quick wit and congruencies in political outlook (my son is gay, I'm not dating a homophobe), religion or tolerance thereof, and allergies to pets, as well as having compatible kinks. My dominance is not merely in the bedroom, and I require partners who want to have me control their lives all the time. Otherwise it gets pretty uncomfortable for both of us. Also, some consideration of games within kink matter; I find rope boring as a top, and so if their idea of a fun kinky night involves being tied up, count me out. Not my thing.

And at the moment I have two partners, of seven and five years relationship duration, one male, one female, and we all live together very happily with two cats. We also have a varied and colorful bouquet of mental health issues, but we three manage them together.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    i find this thread fascinating.

I am married to a man who is not very tall - probably about 5ft 6. I am just under 5ft 4 so this is obviously still taller than me. have never been a high heels wearer so that didnt affect anything.

Met in real life so irelevant to thread I guess.....

Good. Glad I'm not the only one who finds it fascinatingly different.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited October 2020
    Huh... I have issues finding women that meet my criteria for a potential partner. It's not looks really. Height really isn't an issue. Not really into "little" people 4'8" and under or women over 6'6" or so.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Maybe some of these women are tall and are self-conscious about their height and thus only want someone taller than them. Or maybe some of them are tall and already dated shorter men who were intimidated by her being taller. Maybe she wants no drama based on HER height.
  • psychod787
    edited October 2020
    Finding a mate seems so much easier in the animal world. If I were a bird I'd just attract females with my colourful plummage and song. If I were I spider I'd win her over with my mating dance. If I were a wolf I'd kill her a nice juicy rabbit. That's it. Do the one mating ritual and you're in.
    Women want it all though. Songs, dances, bright colourful displays, dead rabbits, etc. It gets to be a bit much.

You forgot about praying mantises...😬

**edit** going to have to mention pair bonding vs tournament mating. In pair bonding, the female is looking for the best provider with decent genetics. In tournament species, it's all about genetics. That is why we generally see a greater size disparity between males and females of the same species. Humans are a strange mix. We tend to be mostly pair bonding with some residual tournamental tendencies.
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Finding a mate seems so much easier in the animal world. If I were a bird I'd just attract females with my colourful plummage and song. If I were I spider I'd win her over with my mating dance. If I were a wolf I'd kill her a nice juicy rabbit. That's it. Do the one mating ritual and you're in.
    Women want it all though. Songs, dances, bright colourful displays, dead rabbits, etc. It gets to be a bit much.

I've had plenty of women bite my head off.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 wrote: »

I've had plenty of women bite my head off.

Talk about sex to die for... 😅
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member

8rtvezzh5rfp.png
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    (...) Do the one mating ritual and you're in.

Humans have that too, actually. It's called dancing.

*Busts out his one wicked dance move that consists of moving his shoulders back and forth just slightly out of sync with the music so that, over time, it becomes completely random.*