A Favorite Meal This Week?

MsAdventure19
MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
This is one of my favorite lunches - a mock chicken salad sandwich with vinegar-based slaw with edamame beans and an orange (or any fruit really - I love it all). This meal is around 450 calories. I usually have roasted broccoli/Brussels sprouts/kale instead of edamame, but I’ve been trying to add a little extra protein lately. As a vegetarian, it’s especially exciting to find a great high protein-low calorie meal that I love.

My favorite part of the meal is the little flax pita pocket that is super thin and delicious and only 50 calories. I use them for lots of meals! piabl49v08ge.jpeg

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,268 Member
    I made a great naan pizza this week with spinach, pesto, and feta. It was delicious!
  • tmbg1
    Ok today we grilled shrimp kabobs and served them with yellow rice.....that's now the best meal of the week
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,597 Member
    Bbq chicken burrito and steamed vegetables. I ate for mothers day. (I made it into 2 meals). From Papas and beer Mexican restaurant.
  • MsAdventure19
    Favorite for this weekend has been tacos! “Ground beef” (really a meatless substitute, but still really good) cooked with onions and kale, a little guacamole, and some habenero salsa - all liked on thin corn tortillas. So good!!
  • tmbg1
    Here's mine this week- grilled salmon, asparagus, and corn
  • MsAdventure19
    So far this week, my favorite has been a breakfast sandwich - a veggie-filled omelette with veggie sausage and salad greens in a super thin pita. I like mine with some hot sauce!
  • tmbg1
    This week it was marinated tuna steaks on the grill with spinach and yellow rice! Yum!
  • tmbg1
    This week I had the best veggie sub ever from a little "mom and pop" Italian place. It was loaded with vegetables and so good!
  • aadaria
    aadaria Posts: 9 Member
    It's simple, but hard-cooked eggs with everything bagel seasoning, a side of sauteed mushrooms, and my morning coffee. It's my favorite go-to breakfast.
  • tmbg1
    Tofurky zesty andouille sauteed with peppers tomato basil and chives with fresh mozzarella. Soooooo good!
  • MsAdventure19
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Tofurky zesty andouille sauteed with peppers tomato basil and chives with fresh mozzarella. Soooooo good!

That sounds amazing!
  • tmbg1
    This week we decided to actually eat out. We went to Texas Roadhouse and I had a small sirloin, veggies, and baked potato! Definitely the best meal of the week. I only eat meat about once a week so when I do, it's so good!
  • tmbg1
    This week I tried Kind cereal. I'm not normally into cereal but this was the best cereal I've had in a long time!
  • MsAdventure19
    Nice! I love discovering a new healthy god to enjoy!!
  • tmbg1
    This week I made red lentil pasta salad with fresh veggies and feta! So good!
  • MsAdventure19
    That sounds good! One of my challenges since I moved is no longer having access to some of those healthier, lower calorie higher protein foods like alternate kind of pasta or breads. I’m a little jealous!!